August 2017 Moms

This is Us Discussion - "Saying Goodbye" 3/7

***General Warning - spoilers will follow***

Jack and Rebecca - her “send off” to go on tour, do you think Jack regretted letting her go?

Kevin - What do you think he’ll do now that he has an offer on the table for a movie?

William’s FUN-eral - what’d you think of Tess and Annie’s execution?  Beth’s eulogy?

Randall - Quit!

Randall’s dream - why do you think Jack was “young” and William was present day?  Does that shed light on Jack’s age when he passed?

Kate - She’s the “reason” Jack died.  What’s you prediction of how it plays out from here?

Other thoughts or topics you want to discuss?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: This is Us Discussion - "Saying Goodbye" 3/7

• @bumpybump I agree with all your points. Just two things to add- one opinion and one spoilery. 

1- I'm glad that Jack told off that female co-worker. For a split second when they showed him going into the retirement after party at the bar I thought, "oh they showed her trying to get him to come at the office. He's def gonna do something spiteful bc Rebecca left," especially with Miguel telling him it was 5:30 and it was time to get home before Rebecca left and he was so hesitant to leave. But I'm glad that nothing happened. 

2- **spoilery, maybe??**

Someone commented on another site I was reading this morning that they got a different promo for next week in Canada that showed Jack actually making it to Rebecca's show and getting in an argument with Ben. So maybe the obvious drunk driving doesn't play a part in his death, but something else while he's there does and Kate still feels responsible since she told him to go? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Jack and Rebecca - her “send off” to go on tour, do you think Jack regretted letting her go? Yes, I think Jack regretted letting her go. I'm also a little upset that you decided to go. I was so nervous that Jack wasn't going to make it home in time to say goodbye to her.

Kevin - What do you think he’ll do now that he has an offer on the table for a movie? Things are so good between Kevin and Sophie now! I think he'll pass on the opportunity but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to move back to Cali and ask Sophie to come with him. 

William’s FUN-eral - what’d you think of Tess and Annie’s execution?  Beth’s eulogy? I love Randall and his family sooo much!!! I loved the fun-eral! It was such a great idea! I'm so happy that Beth was able to say her goodbye and looked when she got the postcard at the end.

Randall - Quit! WTF how is his job going to send him a box of pears!!!! I'm so happy he quit!!!

Randall’s dream - why do you think Jack was “young” and William was present day?  Does that shed light on Jack’s age when he passed? I think his dream reflects how old they are when they die. I'm sad next week is the last episode but at least we find out what happened to Jack!

Kate - She’s the “reason” Jack died.  What’s you prediction of how it plays out from here? I think this is going to bring Kate and Toby even closer. I agree with everyone above that he gets in an accident either before or after seeing Rebecca. I read a quote from Mandy Moore that the season finale is going to "break America's heart" I have a feeling that Jack is going to catch Rebecca flirting or too close to Ben and storm out and then get into the accident.

Other thoughts or topics you want to discuss? What does everyone think about Kevin and Sophie? Maybe I missed something but why is Sophie sooo nervous/afraid to be around Kate if the marriage ended because Kevin cheated on Sophie.

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok I think the comments from Sophie are setting up storylines for the future. I don't recall her saying anything specific yet. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @britvahok it's possible that Sophie came between Kate and Kevin while they were married. Kevin seems to be hyper focused on one thing at a time. And also, maybe some guilt over the past. It's possible that she was mean to Kate about her weight when they were growing up?
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Jack and Rebecca - her “send off” to go on tour, do you think Jack regretted letting her go?  Definitely. And then he didn't catch her before she left so he could at least give her a proper goodbye. 

Kevin - What do you think he’ll do now that he has an offer on the table for a movie?   This is a great setup for the storyline between him & Sophie. He'll want both, but will ultimately have to decide between the two. I hope they weather the storm. 

William’s FUN-eral - what’d you think of Tess and Annie’s execution?  Beth’s eulogy?  I loved it, the girls did great! Beth's "toast" had me sobbing. I also realized this episode how big of a part she played in William's caretaking. I was happy she received the postcard at the end. Again, the tears were flowing!

Randall - Quit!   EPIC! I can't wait to see what unfolds in Randall's life now. 

Randall’s dream - why do you think Jack was “young” and William was present day?  Does that shed light on Jack’s age when he passed? I think so. Looks like we'll find out soon. 

Kate - She’s the “reason” Jack died.  What’s you prediction of how it plays out from here? I've been thinking for awhile that Jack dies in a drunk driving accident, and that's certainly the vibe the show gave this episode, but the writers have a way with twists in this Series, so you never know! 

Other thoughts or topics you want to discuss?  This episode hit me right in the feels! I too was thrillled when Jack put whats-her-face in her place. There seems to be an emphasis on cheating, so maybe Rebecca cheats on tour. I liked the conversation between Randall & Jesse. I'm glad they got that closure.  

• Tonight's the episode we've all been waiting for and are dreading. Who will watch it tonight?

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I watched super late last week so didn't add to the thread, but I will definitely be watching tonight or tomorrow at the latest!! I'm weirdly excited and sad that it's over at the same time.. We need to find a new show to all watch and discuss!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I finally just caught up on the last 3 episodes, thank you snow day.  I am sad that its over, but super happy that this is going to continue next season.  What will be our spring/summer show??
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 one more episode yet tonight :).

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump I just realized that. I was checking my recordings and saw it.  You would think I would have caught on that there was one more, while reading this thread.  I guess I assumed that the question about how its going to play out from here, was for next season.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I didn't check in last week because I watched it late. Can't wait to discuss this week's!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility