June 2016 Moms
Options

Gunky eyes

So my poor little boy just finished antibiotics Saturday for his second bilateral ear infection and RSV. Not to mention the flaming diaper rash from it all.  He was fine this morning.  Picked him up from daycare to find him with yellow/green goop in both eyes.  Neither one seems red, swollen or itchy.  Just slightly watery and producing goop.  Fortunately he already has a recheck in the morning for the other so we will address this too. I just feel so bad for the poor little guy.  Daycare is rough!

Re: Gunky eyes

• Options
    Wipe softly with a damp cotton ball when he wakes up from sleep.  It may make his eyes glue shut.  You can also do a light massage next to the inner corner of the eyes to help drain it.  Look up massage for blocked tear duct and there are tons of how tos.  Preston had blocked ducts for a couple weeks when he was 2ish months
  • Options
    I've been keeping them clean.  Finally got him to sleep.  I'm anticipating what's likely to come in the morning.  Just hoping he doesn't freak if he can't open his eyes.