September 2017 Moms
Options

Mole removal during pregnancy...

Has anyone had one removed while pregnant? I had one removed this morning on my stomach but now I am nervous because after reading online some say the numbing injections are not safe!!!  I figured to trust my dermatologist since I figured he would know best.

Re: Mole removal during pregnancy...

• Options
    Hmm I had some removed but not while pregnant. I would think the local anesthetic would be fine though.. how weird! Definitely run it by your dermatologist and ob too :)

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    It is safe. I had a mole biopsy second trimester with DS and it came back precancerous. I had a surgical excision under lidocaine during the third trimester. My dermatologist, OB and MFM all said it was not a problem at all. It's like dental care. Also extremely important during pregnancy.

I hope you get clean margins and please try not to worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @BostonBaby1!  I have had several removed and one cut out but never during pregnancy.  This was my yearly check up and the one he removed I raised concern because it felt like it was raising and no longer flat even though I have had it for years.  
  • Options
    Thanks @BostonBaby1!  I have had several removed and one cut out but never during pregnancy.  This was my yearly check up and the one he removed I raised concern because it felt like it was raising and no longer flat even though I have had it for years.  
    Pregnancy is a crazy time for skin changes. I was actually at the dermatologist last week for a skin check and I will go back in July.  Believe it or not, it's actually pretty normal for something that was there for a very long time to change during pregnancy. Hopefully it won't be something that needs any further attention. But if it does, you've caught it within the year. 
  • Options
    I had a mole biopsied during my 1st pregnancy and as long as the numbing agent does not have epinephrine in it, I believe it's safe. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I just got in touch with my midwife and she said it was completely safe so I am feeling much better.  Now just to wait a week for the results....
  • Options
    To piggyback off this post. Has anyone removed their own skintags? Bonus points if you've removed while pregnant. I have one that is just under my bra line that keeps getting caught and it KILLS and I was thinking of doing the at home kit. 
  • Options
    kailapop said:
    To piggyback off this post. Has anyone removed their own skintags? Bonus points if you've removed while pregnant. I have one that is just under my bra line that keeps getting caught and it KILLS and I was thinking of doing the at home kit. 
    I'd love to know this answer too! I have one that I feel will possibly be painful while breastfeeding.
  • Options
    kailapop said:
    I have, but not during pregnancy. I get them in my arm pits and around my eyes. I've pulled off a couple around my eyes and those are painful, but they were also tiny. The ones in my armpits I just let grow and grow because they don't bother me/I don't see them. I finally cut one off using a combination of fingernail clippers and sharp tweezers. That one didn't hurt too much and only bled a little.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsmgsee :o:o:# you just cut them off with no numbing or freezing. Like grab the scissors I use to trim my bangs and cut it off. I feel like I'd need a cocktail to do that and this is a no cocktail time. Did you apply polysprion and a bandaid? 

You're so brave. 
  • Options
    @kailapop The ones around my eyes are super small so I just pick at them over a few days and by the time they come off, they don't bleed. The one in my armpit I messed with it one night but it hurt too much, so I finished it off another night. I think I ended up having my DH cut the last bit. I just put a bandaid over it to keep from getting blood on my night shirt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have removed a skin tag by tieing a piece of thread really tight around the base of it and letting fall off. I was not brave enough to cut it off. It was in my arm pit so I did have someone help me tie it tight enough.
  • Options
    kailapop said:
    No. A dermatologist can do it easily.