July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In 3/7

This is a check in for First Time Mamas.

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: FTM Check In 3/7

• Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks! 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Weight phantom issues. TLDR: I was worried about weight gain, but everything ended up being fine. 

WARNING: Talk of BM, no details, promise. So weight: I'm a vegan, so I was very worried about gaining enough weight and none of my doctors would take my concerns seriously (shocker) so I've been tracking my weight pretty closely since 14 weeks. Everything was going relatively ok, but there was a lot of fluctuation by up to 2 pounds every couple days. Seemed to be linked to BM movements. I always take it in the morning before eating, but sometimes I would have a morning BM and sometimes I wouldn't. One day I was lucky enough to get to take it before and after a BM, and it changed by 1.5 pounds. Then, I seemed to gain 4 pounds in one week last week, which of course got me worried but I figured I would track it for another week or two before freaking out and calling my doctor. I do not have HPB and I did not have any other worrying symptoms. I also don't have any "pre-existing conditions" or any other risk factors for GD or pre-eclampsia accept for family history of diabetes and blood pressure problems. So I was taking it every two days and it would jump down, jump up, etc. etc. and I wasn't ever able to have a morning BM until today. Finally today I woke up and had to go, and then I took my weight, and it was right on track for gaining 1 pound a week in the last two weeks. (had a normal BM to start with) Moral of the story: Poop is heavy man. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, not until March 21st 

Rants/raves? Not at the moment 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? High school. He joined Drama Club and we became friends, and stayed friends until we started dating 6 years later. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    How far along are you?  19+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  @kerils I can sympathize.  I can go 2-3 days and then I'll go 3-4 times in one day.  Mostly, feel like pre-pregnant self.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?   Had A/S this morning.  Everything looks great.  HR still in 150's.  Have an anterior placenta :( Have to have a fetal echo, not because anything is wrong, only because baby wouldn't cooperate and they couldn't get all the heart images they needed.  Baby had it's hands in front of it's face the whole time so we didn't get really great 3D pictures.  

Rants/raves?  -- 

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  -- 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?  We met online.  I was really against online dating but when you're in your late 20's and all your friends are married with kids, it's hard to meet new people.  We emailed for a week and then I left on a 10 day cruise.  DH emailed me while I was gone and as soon as I was home, we started emailing several times a day.  After 3 more weeks, we met for drinks after work and the rest is history. :smiley:
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Starting to get more achy in my lower back and pelvis. Evening nausea seems to be returning, but nowhere near as bad as first tri. DH felt a good hard kick last night which was awesome. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Yep- a/s and checkup on Friday. Everything is looking great and we have confirmation that it's a girl! 

Rants/raves? We toured a daycare this morning. DH and I both loved it and they said they're starting an expansion and there's an excellent chance that they'll have space in October! I'm very relieved, but will still be on the lookout for backup options. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? In college, we were both doing summer internships and lived in the same dorm on a college campus (which was at a school that neither of us attended). I met him my first night there and we became inseparable. We went to college 2000 miles from each other so we intended to just have a summer fling. But by the end of the summer we liked each other enough that we decided to give long distance a try, and with a lot of effort and commitment, it worked out.  I wouldn't generally recommend this strategy to someone in their early 20s, but it worked for us. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is a check in for First Time Mamas.

How far along are you?
    20w2d
    Fatigue/exhaustion. I thought it was bad before - I could barely take a trip across the street from my office to Target just now. I'm already feeling the crowding of my lungs too, so I needed to take a time out a few times during my trip. I'm hoping it isn't this bad every day? (Please tell me it is not.)
    We had our A/S on Friday! All looks good, and we're having a boy. :)
    Rants/raves? 
    My rant is my energy level.
    My rave is for my husband, who cleaned the house top to bottom yesterday.

The old fashioned way - at a bar ;)
    We were both out with friends. His friend came up to my friend and I with the intent of picking me up! In my three-drink-no-dinner haze, I still realized that I found my husband to be much cuter!
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 22w6d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Experiencing a lot of pain in my right hip.  My app told me this is normal because your back and hips will be "loosening up" to prepare you for labour.  I didn't know loosening would hurt.  You'd think it would feel good.  Anyways, it has me sleeping very uncomfortably and I'm up at least 3 or 4 times every night now.  I'm a side sleeper so when I sleep on the right it hurts so I move to the left but then that eventually gets uncomfortable from constantly being on the left.  *sigh*  It's only bad at night though. Really odd.  It's like once I lie down everything just releases then if I go to get up I almost fall over.  Takes me a few minutes to get strength in that side in the morning.  It's terribly annoying.   

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No new appointments.  

Rants/raves? I'm chemical-free so my Mom asked what brands or stores to buy Cricket's (her nickname for now) "junk."  Then wrote "LOL."  Joking or not, it irked me.  Like just get over it already.  
    Changed my shower date because the original was on my best friends daughter's (my goddaughter's) birthday only to find out that new date is her Grandma's 80th birthday.  She said she would be at my shower but I highly suspect like she will bail just like every other important thing in my life.  Girl doesn't leave the freaking house and I'm just getting sick of our visits being a one-way street. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not that I can pull out of my head at the moment haha!  

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?  It was the summer before I was starting high school.  I was with a friend and she took me down to the beach (we're from a small town) to hang out with a bunch of her new friends.  I met DH and a bunch of people.  One of the guys decided to bike down the staircase (it's a big ass staircase) and well, you can imagine how that ended up.  Thankfully the hospital is literally right up the hill from the beach so we spent our evening in there.  Dude broke his arm.  But that's when we first met.  We passed notes in class in grade 9 haha!  I dated him for a very short period of time when I was 13 (if you can even call it that!)  He moved all over the place over the years, even across the country.  He eventually came back when I was 16 and we've been together ever since.  

Edit: words
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    *snipped*

Questions for FTM, or STM+? For STMs that went back to work, how was it leaving baby?  I'm really nervous about it already.  I will be off probably 8.5 weeks, but the thought of being away scares me.  I was going to enroll in daycare right away, but my grandma has offered to watch the baby until they get a bit bigger which is a huge relief for me, but still the thought of leaving them makes me uneasy.
     *snipped*
    @maybeitsmadeline I'm not going to lie. I have said from the beginning that I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. I love my career and as much as I loved my maternity leave and being home with DD, I was ready to go back to work. That being said, I'm not going to sugar coat it. It's hard. It's hard leaving them and trusting someone else to love and care for your baby all day. I cried the first day, and the second day...ok, the whole first week. But it gets easier! It definitely makes the evenings and weekends spent with them that much sweeter and it really makes me try to put aside work, housework etc aside and just spend quality time with her when I'm home. It's fun once they are old enough to recognize you and they smile or run to you when you get there and finding the right person to watch them makes such a difference! DD loves "Miss Angie" and gets excited about going to play at her house and has never cried when I've left, which makes me feel a lot better. Long story short, I think it's perfectly normal to feel uneasy and I cried in the weeks leading up to going back to work too. It's all a process and you worry about every little thing, but they adjust and you adjust and everything will be just fine. You've always got us for support during those rough days too! <3
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22+6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? the back pain is killing me. I am so uncomfortable all the time. And I know it's only going to get worse. Ugh. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a regular appointment Friday with a midwife (OB was on vacation). Everything looks great. She was able to feel her moving around in there. First time they measured my belly, that felt like a milestone haha. 

Rants/raves? See above re: back pain. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not today. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? He went to law school with my older sister. They were friends and she brought him (and a group of others) to our grandma's one day to go swimming/boating (she lived on a lake). This was in 2008 I think. He was in law school, and I was...much younger. We had an instant connection and talked on and off for a long time before we actually dated, but were good friends the whole time. The age thing had me freaked out for a long time. Plus it just seemed like the timing never worked out (when he was single, I had a bf and vice versa). Once we actually started dating (2013) we moved in together after only a few months and bought a house a few months after that. We were engaged within a year. It seemed fast for those that didn't really know us, but for our close friends/family, it made sense.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline I had a hard time going back to work and my youngest had just turned 1. I was a stay at home mom for 3 years, it was hard. There were days it was fun and then those days I wanted to lock myself in the closet. I missed them terribly when I went to work, after I saw how much they loved it, it eased my nerves. It's good that you have someone to keep LO for a while.
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, a little jealous that you all met your DH's in person and then started dating.  DH and I have 'degrees of separation' but unless it was a right place/right time situation, we never would have met.  

@maybeitsmadeline I'm glad that your GM is going to watch baby until it's a bit bigger.  I think I would be more at ease having a family member watch baby vs sending to a daycare right away. Still, no matter what, leaving baby is going to be hard, I'm sure.  

@stokesm21  You've been chemical free for awhile I'm assuming so its nothing new, right? My MIL laughed at me when I told her we were using cloth diapers.  I also plan on making baby food and breast feeding.  She kept telling me how she could never do those things because it wasn't 'convenient'. During one conversation I basically backhanded her by saying I'm sick of people telling us how to raise our child based on what's convenient.  We're going to do what we feel is best. End.Of.Story.  Not once since has she said anything about DH & I's choices.  I know it's frustrating and they mean well, but at the same time, I just want to yell that you had your chance, now let us do it.

• Options

How far along are you?
    20 weeks 2 Days!

annoying pain under my rib 
    terrible rash on tummy 

AS scheduled for tomorrow morning now, H had some unexpected pop up today, boo

Rants/raves? 
    Rants: this rash is driving me nuts 
    raves: Things look good. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? I was 17, he was 22, and his sisters wedding was coming up and her entire family was over from the US, staying at their grandparents home. We were all invited because his grandparents and my grandparents were neighbours.

So one day his sister came over to my grandparents and brought him along because he needed to use a computer. Its a small town so I was the closest person to have internet access and a computer. He was being very obvious with the staring and I was quite entertained  by him and totally enjoyed the attention lol. He started making excuses to keep coming to use the "computer" but my dad picked up on it and so one day my dad made an excuse that I was sleeping and he can't use the computer for that reason (I was totally awake lol). He got the hint and never tried coming over again lol.

So ...then his sisters wedding started and we met again (wedding was in the grandparents house ) so bumping into him was inevitable! I had a younger cousin who totally picked up on the chemistry and sort of connected us and he then he left for America ... and two years later we got engaged! :) 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really. I had headaches last week and you guys rock! @kerils I understand you on the BMs....and weight watching. I was so under weight for so long then gained then lost...so its complex and I agree with you on man its heavy!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  No, but I am trying to swap doctors. We're buying a house in May in another neighborhood an hour in traffic, 30 min on the weekend away and that last month you go to the doc weekly.

Rants/raves?   The process to swap doctors is annoying! They need my health records which I hear are 130 pages to approve of me!  It's like.....wait people pregnant women move, women have babies, life happens, ugh! I so hope the doctors office by our new house accepts me. Weird, they changed the power dynamic as I was wanting to see if I liked them. I even have a reference of a past mom who used that OB. ugh!   Today is also the first day being pregnant just made me feel so sick and yucky.....not fun. Bloody nose and just some tummy sickness all day.  It's like almost sick enough to call into work and yet not.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? People keep telling us we need a specific bottle or random thing, then others say try every bottle-- your baby may only like one. SO I guess that's a question.   We're volunteering at a church sale this weekend so we get to shop early....so any stocking up advice too!!!

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? So we met in college in a course. We had met on campus a year or two before that. After the class, every day he walked me home out of his way. He was my best friend and I didn't want to lost him to dating him....but eventually, I realized and we started dating and he has been my best friend every since.  We've been together 13 years, but we only got married a few years ago-- it took him a long time to propose. We've lived all across the country so we have done the distance and living together and I feel like every combination imaginable!

@PurplePumpernickel Oh I agree with out of breatheness. It kids me on random conference calls.

ooh and a fun thing. I found fit4moms its a fitness thing and did their prenatal class all.....and was in love! I was hopeful to go tonight but I feel too umm pregnant tired sick...insert adjective here.

• Options
    How far along are you? 23w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? @rae1 I got my first episode of really bad back pain today. I had to stop halfway through putting away the groceries because it was so bad. Thankfully, H put the rest away so I could rest on the couch. I'm afraid of how much worse it can get.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, next appt is growth scan next week.

Rants/raves? I know I'm going to sound whiny but I'm just so tired all the time. I've been meaning to study, catch up on work, and start exercising but I barely have energy for one of those each evening after work.  I'm looking forward to mid-April when my exam is over and I get a week off!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? none today

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? we met online! okcupid ftw lol. We went out about a week after first talking online and towards the end of a wonderful first date I threw up all over the place. I didn't think he was going to call after that (seriously guys, it was EVERYWHERE) but for some reason he did, and we've been together ever since!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @manillabar - aww that's a cute GTKY story
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Katie______ for both of my kids I used MAM bottles and pacifiers, they didn't like anything else. Bottles can be exspensive, for DD I got one of each: playtex, BreastFlow, dr brown, avent, MAM, gerber. I skipped all that with DS and only bought MAM, he did have an avent bottle and he had no problems with it.
  • Options
    haha thanks @SaphireSweetie88. I remember calling my sister that night being like "I'm never going to hear from this guy again!" I guess it'll be a funny story for the kids/grandkids one day...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    @manillabar - Yes! Funny story for many years to come!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I love reading everyone's story with their SO!  @manillabar That is hilarious.  Was it out of nowhere or were you already sick?

@maybeitsmadeline @BusyZee  Good luck at your scans!  Update us when you can.

@Katie______  GL with switching doctors. I just switched last month and I have my first appt with new doctor next week.  I definitely would not want to do that commute hugely pregnant.

How far along are you? 20+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Getting hungrier by the minute. I have officially given myself the right to eat whatever I want whenever I want ;)

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  A/S last Thursday did not go as planned. Still waiting on final amnio results.

Rants/raves? I was feeling sad earlier today and then the baby gave me a kick.  Hoping that is a sign of good things to come.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We lived on the same floor our freshman year of college.  We were good friends for a few years, then started dating January of senior year.  Apparently everyone knew it was bound to happen except for us.  It was a complete surprise to me lol.

CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I'm prone to headaches (migraines/tension headaches) associated with nausea, and I had somewhat of a headache prior to our date but I didn't want to cancel so I took some ibuprofen and thought it was under control... apparently I was wrong >_<
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    @manillabar Ugh migraines are the worst! I'm so glad your H went for that second date. He's a keeper for sure  :#
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I'm glad he did too! I'd like to think I wouldn't be so shallow as to count someone out if the shoe were on the other foot (speaking of shoes, his almost got caught in the crossfire lol) but I don't know... it was pretty bad, haha
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    How far along are you?
    20 weeks 2 days

Nope. Just caught the flu. 

Have one this Thursday

Rants/raves? 
    I had to miss two days of work because of the flu. Being so limited in what medicines I can take is so annoying. Just give me that Mucinex-D!!

None that hasn't been asked already. 

We met in the first semester of law school. He stopped me on the street to introduce himself. We became instant friends and started dating two years out of law school when he came to work at the same law firm as me. Our relationship was rocky for a while because of work stress and I travelled constantly.  But now that both of our jobs are less stressful, we are both so happy. We both make a lot less money now but neither of us regret it. It's true that money cannot buy happiness.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I can feel movement more and more each day which is pretty cool. It's usually so unexpected and takes me by surprise. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had an a/s 2 weeks ago, lo looks amazing but we haven't heard anything official from the midwives. They did say "no news is good news," but I'm probably going to call to check in because my appointments another 2 weeks away. 

Rants/raves? I'm experiencing some pretty bad work stress. The place I work for is feeling very dysfunctional and I don't feel like I'm valued or appreciated.  

Questions for FTM, or STM+? As a first time mom, how long did it take to feel the baby's kicks from the outside? I'm excited for my dear partner to feel the baby, but it feels like it's still quite far off. I was a bit overweight when I got pregnant, so maybe it will take longer than normal.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We met online. I was on a dating spree, meeting lots of new people and quickly realizing just how many duds are out there. When I met my boyfriend I didn't think we were a match! We had a great conversation, but I wasn't attracted in 'that way.' About a year later, he reached out to me because he moved to the town I work in (we became facebook friends after our initial meeting). We realized that we had a lot in common and became very good friends; he had a girlfriend at the time and neither of us was looking for anything but friendship. 6 months later he broke up with his girlfriend, and we ended up being more than friends shortly after. It was tough at first because I didn't want to ruin the friendship, but it was so worth it. Now we're having a baby :-)
  • Options

How far along are you? 22+6

Yay. this is technically my first check in. I'm still in quite a bit of pelvic pain due to SPD. But modifying my schedule to work from home 2x a week is definitely helping. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? the anatomy scan went well. It's still so strange to see those 3D ultrasound images, but I keep sneaking peeks of the screenshot in my phone. 

Rants/raves? I've been trying hard to eat healthier and sweet treats keep showing up in the kitchen at work! It's torture. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? How much did your baby look like the 3D ultrasound? 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We met working at an ad agency. I was brand new and wanted to be a copywriter so my boss suggested I introduce myself to one of the writers. I chose the friendliest looking one out of a bunch of intimidating, older guys. We hit it off and dated secretly at two different agencies. No one from either company knew until we got engaged. We work at competing shops now, which suits us even better. 
  • Options
    star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 22w4d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My emotions are all over the place. My skin has also gotten worse. :(

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope.

Rants/raves? A rant at myself - The next time you're in a crappy mood, don't unload on your H and say things that aren't true. It just makes you feel crappier, especially when you hurt him.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We met through match.com. On our first date, we realized that the other looked familiar. Come to find out, we attended the same college for a year and met at a fraternity party. Because of H's awful Hawaiian shirt, I remember thinking "Who would wear that in public?!" when I met him. almost 5 years later, I'm glad to report that shirt has not made an appearance in our home.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options

How far along are you?
    23 weeks +
    Insomnia, Batman.  I'm awake every night from 2a to 4a like it's my job.
    Any appointments?
    Nope
    Rants/raves? 
    Just the not sleeping.  And work... @Twinkiedoll I need to make your change.
    If we are not super aggressive about doing laundry, how many onesies do we need?  DH asked if the LO would wear 6 a day.  I hope not.
    At the gym, in a group fitness class.  DH has lots of guts.
  • Options
    @CPR79
    everyone keeps telling us we need a rock n play, but I did find one note from a pediatrician online saying its not a safe spot to sleep...so that was why. I also feel like we bought so many other things. That said, I have seen moms on facebook have giant issues from needing to call 911 because their baby slept for a long time in a swing, and they thought the baby stopped breathing....so I think it's all related, but I'd love to learn more!!! overall.

One other question for the group--- I have my glucose test coming soon.  I heard not to eat much white stuff like bread pasta or even just regular cake for the two days prior. Has anyone had their first test? Any insights on what you did or avoided?  
  • Options
    CPR79 said:
    Rants/raves? Can the same thing be both a rant and a rave?  Getting to halfway this week has simultaneously made me very excited and very worried that we still have so much to learn/do before the baby gets here!
    This hit me yesterday after our A/S. Knowing how fast the first 20 weeks went, I am now freaking out about the next 20 and getting everything ready.  I really want the nursery done by Memorial day; my shower is the week before which will give us plenty of time to get the rest of the things that we need but OMG...We're half way to baby!

• Options
    Ugh I hate mobile bumping. I just hate responding on there so I end up not responding to stuff for way too long.

@GreenBean  For the last 5 days or so, my back just starts randomly hurting. Then it goes away in like half an hour. But nothing that I do during that time changes it.

@stokesm21 I went for a walk last week and my one hip felt so loose that I was convinced it was going to fall out and just start dangling there. Also, I’m sorry you’re dealing with your mom being so dismissive of your choices. I have a MIL, whom I love, but who is convinced that my child will end up deathly allergic to shellfish and dairy if I raise them vegan. Sigh.

@Rae1 The OB at my anatomy scan measured me for the first time at 20 weeks and it was so cool! I felt like I graduated lol

@BusyZee On the rash, have you tried coconut oil? It’s kind of a miracle skin moisturizer, at least for me. I have a ton of different skin issues, but it works on all of them. As far as the rib pain, one of my OB’s actually asked me about that, which makes me think it might be a sign of a problem. I don’t know anything other than that, but I would mention it to your doctor just in case.

@Katie______ Switching doctors is a real PITA. It took me weeks and weeks to switch to my midwifery practice because their secretaries are incompetent and I had to send my records 4 times! 4!!! I still don’t understand the whole “approval” process. Especially if you’re just switching to another OB. FX that your process is easier than mine.

@CPR79 Don’t feel bad. I’m still wearing sea bands off and on at 22 weeks. I never took medicine (I’m stubborn about it) but those things stayed on 24/7 until 18 weeks, when I stupidly left them on while doing dishes and stuck my hands straight into a sink full of water. Womp, womp. I had to take them off and wash them, and I realized that I could go a little bit without them. But I still get times when I need to go grab them and put them back on.
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @stokesm21  You've been chemical free for awhile I'm assuming so its nothing new, right? My MIL laughed at me when I told her we were using cloth diapers.  I also plan on making baby food and breast feeding.  She kept telling me how she could never do those things because it wasn't 'convenient'. During one conversation I basically backhanded her by saying I'm sick of people telling us how to raise our child based on what's convenient.  We're going to do what we feel is best. End.Of.Story.  Not once since has she said anything about DH & I's choices.  I know it's frustrating and they mean well, but at the same time, I just want to yell that you had your chance, now let us do it.
    Yes we have.  She's been relatively good thus far.  I mean, maybe I made her sound evil haha but previously she had asked about what and where to buy because she didn't want to get me anything I wouldn't use.  This time she really was just making a joke but it irked me because I don't really think it's a joke.  At one point she was like, "Well you don't have to go to extremes."  To me there is not such thing as "extremes."  It's just a lifestyle choice. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    stokesm21 said:
    Yes we have.  She's been relatively good thus far.  I mean, maybe I made her sound evil haha but previously she had asked about what and where to buy because she didn't want to get me anything I wouldn't use.  This time she really was just making a joke but it irked me because I don't really think it's a joke.  At one point she was like, "Well you don't have to go to extremes."  To me there is not such thing as "extremes."  It's just a lifestyle choice. 
    IMO, even if they are joking, there is some truth behind it or else they wouldn't think to even comment on it.   

• Options
    @theweevee It was a tough transition because the job change came with a 5,000 mile move away from my family.  We are both very fortunate to have very little school debt.  I paid off my law school loans the same month I quit.  DH  never had any since he worked full time during law school.  We now live with my in-laws to save money for our own house since Hawaii is so expensive.  I do worry about finances sometimes, but that's because the house I want in Hawaii is still beyond what we can afford.  We definitely live on a budget, whereas we didn't really have to worry about that when we both had big law jobs in New York.  We've made a lot of sacrifices in lifestyle, but we barely notice until we go back to NY.

It's been so worth it. Our relationship was not going to survive NYC or big law.

• Options
    How far along are you?
    23+5
    Not getting enough sleep is not a good thing for me. Makes me cranky and pissy. That and the generally getting more uncomfortable over time thing. 
    nope
    Rants/raves? 
    I may have spent half an hour watching my belly twitch around from baby kicks. it's super weird. 
    not right now
    We're high school sweethearts. We had several classes together starting freshman year and I finally asked him out sophomore year. It's been almost 18 yrs and married for 10 of them (our anniversary is next week). 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga