September 2017 Moms
Options

The Things People Say

Let's hear it ladies...

What crazy, funny, irritating, or just plain odd comments have you gotten?

Re: The Things People Say

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @daniellelynette we got the "were you pregnant at the wedding?!" Comments along with the that didn't take long comments. My side was thrilled. DH uppity extended family was incredulous. I gave birth exactly 9.5 months after the wedding. My tww was the honeymoon. 
  • Options
    @zetega wooooooowwww..... that's not okay..

@thinkpositive2017 wow! That's ridiculous! I can't believe people actually say that kind of thing... wow.
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Right? She is a close friend and had good intentions, but it was still a major eyeroll. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @thinkpositive2017 it just blows my mind that people think they can have a say in what kind of prenatal care a woman chooses! Or what kind of birth they have. I mean really lol. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Oh I'd be livid with your sister for the fatty comment. I can't even imagine in what world she thinks that's okay. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Inanigloo oh I know! It was so hurtful. She's always been like that though and my whole life I've been afraid to stand up to her, the last time I did we got in a huge fight and she didn't talk to me for months. 
  • Options
    So idk if I should post it here or in FFFC, but I've actually said a few of these to pregnant ladies before I was pregnant, not realizing how I sound. I told one lady sorry after she found out she was pregnant with her 5th boy. And once I told one of my friends who got pregnant on their honeymoon that they moved fast. 

*hides in shame*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jena333 and @zetega anyone that says anything besides sorry after a loss should just STFU.

• Options
    I have had a couple losses previously. During my last pregnancy I told my mom I was going to look at cribs and she told me "it's still early, make sure they have a return policy if this whole thing doesn't work out". :( 
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DD, literally every time I saw my MIL she would ask me if I was peeing a lot. The first few times she asked, I sort of brushed it off, but I finally got sick of it when she asked me at dinner with the whole family sitting at the table- and I snapped at her. Why the *F* do you need to talk about my bathroom habits at all, but especially in front of your entire family?
  • Options
    @daniellelynette I am appalled!!! You poor thing! 

@BigBadWolf12 I think I rememeber you mentioning that.. what a terrible friend. 

@baileylove22 All the comments about pregnancies ending instead!! Ahhhh! Why must they say that?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: