August 2017 Moms

ftm check-in week of 3/6

How far along are you?

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: ftm check-in week of 3/6

• How far along are you? 16 weeks and 4 days! 

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Next appointment is 3/13 with the midwife...

Cravings? Just more hungry, and now i'm seeing I love chocolate!! 

Rants/raves? Just a great weekend! Saw family, friends and kept busy! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? After the 20 week anatomy scan, how frequent will appointments be? 

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? It would be my best friend. She actually guessed, I sent her a message about doing something later and added "it's going to be a busy year", and she asked if i needed to tell her something. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you?
    18 weeks 5 days

none till the anatomy scan next Monday!

Cravings?
    Lemonade!

Rants/raves?
    please make this morning sickness go away!

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    none right now

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? 
    2 of my best friends
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jacksonbears you'll want to verify with your OB/midwife practice but I believe we stay at one appointment every four weeks until around week 28. Then we go to every two weeks. I could be remembering that wrong though. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @jacksonbears My OB mentioned that my appointments would stay at monthly for the rest of 2nd tri then switch to every 2 weeks, then every week at some point in the last trimester. It may be different for everyone though.

How far along are you?
    17 + 5

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Just waiting for the A/S on the 24th! Getting anxious to see LO again and make sure everything is developing properly. 

Cravings? Nothing too specific, been trying to eat more fruits since I tend to gravitate towards bread and crackers....and cheese, of course.

Rants/raves? DH's birthday was this past Saturday. He's from France and loves this meal called raclette. It's actually a Swiss tradition where you melt this certain type of cheese and pour it over potatoes with other vegetables/meats. It's divine. For his bday, I found the raclette machine on Amazon and hunted around until I found the "real" cheese! I gave him the machine for his birthday - he was excited and said "Now we just need to find the cheese". Then I handed him a bag with the cheese in it! The look on his face was priceless. So we had a fun raclette party with some family and friends. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about if people aren't familiar:

Questions for FTM, STM+? None come to mind.

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? This is weird...but we have a cleaning woman that comes once a month to do a deep cleaning of our house. She was doing our bathroom and saw my prenatals on the counter and outright asked "Are you pregnant?!". I was only 8 weeks along but felt obliged to say yes haha. She's a sweet lady, just a little forward! I'd never think to ask someone that outright.. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jacksonbears @bumpybump that sounds right to me. I think at 36 weeks I was seen every week until delivery. Not sure if that is the norm or not.
  • @bumpybump you are correct if you are not high risk, and then at 36 weeks you go once a week until the baby arrives!!!! You feel ike you arealways t the OBGYN!

• bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited March 2017
    @secicc12 I LOVE raclette!  Had it in Paris and oh my, yum!  My sister and her family live in Switzerland and have it often for dinner. What a great gift!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @jacksonbears  I know my OB said I would be once a month until 28 weeks, like @bumpybump said.  After that its every 2 weeks until 36 weeks where Im every week.  They did say that If I become high risk (for things like GD or something) I will start at once a week when they discover something, but that I shouldn't be worried. 

How far along are you? 18 weeks tomorrow 

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? nope, not until the 17th AS! 

Cravings? Same as usual. sweets. 

Rants/raves? UGH MY WORK! Im going nuts.  I work as a web developer, and my small company was taken over on jan 1 2016, and we now work for a larger company.  well there have been lots of organization changes, and now it just seems like those that tell us what they want done dont know 99% of the time what they want.  So we are left doing nothing.  OR they just dont answer our questions.  Its just frustrating, and I just got out of a crappy meeting that went 30 minutes over time, and im super pissy now.  Thank got its massage monday, and I got a slot! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? nope

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy?  Well I told all the ladies on TTGP.  I was a pretty active member for 4.5 months and I couldnt wait to tell them all.  IRL I told a friend of DHs.  He announced his wives pregnancy, and I couldnt hold it in any more, and told him we were as well.  It was really fun knowing there were more of our friends who were.  I then told my parents, and told them they were first, even though that wasnt true! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 I probably missed it but what ever happened with your early GD tests?  Did they have you do both?

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 18 +3

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Not for 2 weeks and then it is the BIG ultrasound. We already know gender, but are excited to see LO and how she is growing etc.

Cravings? Mostly subsided, but I LOVE fruit in the morning and night is still salty/cheesy. This kid has a thing for Nachos that isn't going away.

Rants/raves? Daycares not getting back to me for tours after telling me they would and that they have space. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? not today!

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? Super odd, but our dog trainer. She came by to drop off our keys since she was no longer walking our dog and I told her we might need some more training soon...Our dog is a bit of a daddy's girl and thinks of me as one of the pack, so we wanted to get tips etc early on for her. She has been training and/or walking our dog for 2yrs so I was actually pretty happy to tell her. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I have one on friday just my monthly apt to make sure everything's going well, check my bp, and hear the heartbeat. Then the following Friday is my anatomy scan!!!

Cravings? not too much really

Rants/raves?everybody and their mother giving me advice on everything haha

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? my family :)
  • @bumpybump So it was dumb.  I see a different OB/Midwife every time I go in because the hospital I am affiliated with wont know who will be in LD when you are due, so they just rotate all of them.  The lady I had, who told me to get it done early due to weight, was wrong.  They do like to get them put in early, and they just let you come in when its easy for you to do it. It has nothing to do with weight, and they even said that because I haven't gained, and both US's were marking on track, that I can wait longer if I want.  I was told I was going to do it at my Feb appointment, except that that day was a blizzard, so I went in for my quick checkup (before the storm got too bad) and didn't do the test because I wanted to get home. I now can go in whenever, and Ive just been putting it off.  I will probably go either this week, or next to do it, just to get it over with before my next checkup.  It will still be considered early, compared to everything I have read, but I guess doing it close to 20 weeks is better than 13. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks, 1 day

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? MRI last week went well - poor baby's world got rocked in that thing haha. This week I have a regular prenatal appt.

Cravings? Chocolate Milk and Cucumbers haha

Rants/raves? I'm so ready to find out the gender - Anatomy Scan in two weeks!!!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Any advice on Glass Bottle brands? I'm looking at Life Factory but there's a lot of other brands popping up!

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? The very first person to know was my friend Christine, I had to send her a pic of the test to make sure it was real lol - she's been right there with me through the IF journey, couldn't ask for a better friend. DH actually didn't know until after the second beta test - I hated not telling him as soon as I peed on that stick but I couldn't handle getting him excited and then having the disappointment of it not happening again. I put myself through 5 days of feeling like a total liar but it was definitely worth it (and he was super understanding about it!).
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @littlebug2010 gosh that's annoying!  Why can't OBs/midwives get aligned at the same practice!?  Ours is the same where you have no clue who's going to deliver your baby unless you have a scheduled csection. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you?
    15 weeks!

Next appointment is the end of the month and I'll start to meet the rest of the Dr's and midwives at my practice.
    My practice is check-up appointments every four weeks until 28 weeks, then it goes to every two weeks until 36/37 weeks. Every week appointments start at that point until delivery.

Cravings?
    I had it bad for sushi and miso soup this weekend.

Rants/raves?
    Maternity clothes shopping is pretty frustrating. I hate that almost everything is online exclusives since I prefer to try clothes on and I never remember to mail back returns. But I also hate the mall and the limited in-store options. WOE IS ME.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    I feel so oddly guilty when I drink a morning matcha green tea. The caffeine level is low (90mg) and I only have one mug but the guilt is so real. I try to skip days to reduce the amount I drink, but I work f/t and teach some mornings- I need to be perky!

My sister. She's my bff. I couldn't find this out and not tell her ASAP.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bumpybump, I think I was more annoyed that this was told to a FTM and I can imagine that that would freak a lot of people out.  I was happy that I had all these STMs who could give me good questions to ask, and advice, becuase Im pretty sure that a lot of FTMs who get told that have it done, pass, and then miss GD later on.  I think thats what worried me the most, was missing it.  I dont mind seeing new people each time around, but at least get on the same page! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • How far along are you?  17+4

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  AS next Tuesday! So excited to see our LO again! 

Cravings? Tacos, all the tacos.

Rants/raves?  Quite a few people are genuinely upset that DH and I aren't revealing the gender until 4 DAYS after the AS....GET OVER IT.  Hahaha.

Questions for FTM, STM+?  None for now

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? MIL - it was her birthday the day we found out and she had jokingly asked for a grandbaby for her birthday, it was silly and fun to actually be able to grant her wish!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @caity024 My mother was adamant that she was told first about the sex. Which pissed me off, so I am trying to see if I can coordinate a visit with both sets of parents to tell them at the same time.  I also dont plan on revealing it to the whole world until way later, if at all.  I dont plan on telling anyone the name we eventually pick either. I hate it when people think that they deserve to know things about our pregnancies, as if they are the one carrying or the one who helped create, the baby! I still have a part of me that doesnt want to tell anyone at all until the birth, but I think my mom might kill me. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • How far along are you?
    16+6

None! Hooray for uninterrupted work weeks!

Cravings?
    I was talking about this When I picked up lunch - I'm eating a lot of ice cream, but it's not really a craving so much as that because I'm pregnant I'm not feeling guilty about it :) I'm also pro-protein and greens.

Rants/raves?
    @Mango517 100% yes to hating online returns and in store shopping.
    @secicc12  that looks delicious

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Anyone in a really small business that doesn't have an enstablished maternity leave policy? I'm making up my own here and don't know where to start.

We agreed we were keeping it to ourselves for a bit, then SO immediately told one of his out of town bffs. So I decided it was fair to tell my pregnant, abroad bff (and by extension her husband and our mutual friend who was vacationing in Arctic Norway with them). 
  • @lyse01 I was before our acquisition last year.  I know that my boss had basically said that they would do their best to do 12 weeks fully paid.  There was not real contract saying anything more than they would work it out with the employee if that time came.  Now Im in a larger company so my stuff is all set.  Maybe you should just google different maternity leaves and see what the contract says.  The company I work at now gives 12 fully paid weeks to new moms, and the only way that isn't what you get is if your part time, and then you have to go through disability.
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 So far the board (I work as the exec director/only FT employee of a non-profit) has said we'll figure out something reasonable. Three months sounds like an insane amount of time to let my responsibilities sit, and my best idea for keeping things moving is having one of the PT people be bumped up to FT while I'm fully out, then ease my way back in at PT hours. 
  • @lyse01 My old company and boss was very much on the give as much benifit as possible.  I was also just starting in this career and didnt have people I was in charge of.  The company Im in now is big on being a leader in care, so I am not surprised that they do this.  Im super pumped about the long time off, and I plan to come back FT, but work at least 2 days at home each week.  Again I still dont manage anyone, and the other two people on my team can handle the work as two, instead of three.  Im a web developer, so as long as the other two on my team can keep up with everything, there is no issue.  But I can understand where someone might be nervous about that amount of time off if you are in charge of people.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 17 weeks

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  I had a check up last week that went fine because baby's heart rate was healthy and stuff but the nurse really annoyed me. She's on the midwife team there and was trying so hard to get me to do midwives only and no doctors but knowing all the issues that my sister had with her delivery in November, I'm not willing to commit to that and she wouldn't drop it so I got annoyed. 

Cravings? Basically all food at this point. 

Rants/raves?  My MIL somehow thinks she's going to throw us a shower at her house when she lives 2,100 miles away and we don't have time or money to randomly fly home. She's very selfish normally so this just adds to it haha

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy?  Like @littlebug2010 I told the whole TTGP thread probably before my doctor even... and then we told immediate families. Everyone else didn't start finding out til second tri. 
  • imwithbabyimwithbaby member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? // 16 weeks

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? // No, but I did *work* as a standardized patient for the midwifery school in our city for the students' final clincal skills exam. Twelve 30-minute prenatal doctor appointments was exhausting, but I did get to hear baby girl's heartbeat all day and got paid for it! 

Cravings? // Anything vinegar-y and pho!

Rants/raves? // Just a general rant about the pharmacy>insurance combo that has screwed up my antidepressant twice in the last week, to the point where now I'm out and won't have any until the 14th. No one can really tell me why (it's a different reason each time I call each of those places). Like the pharmacy won't even let me self-pay for seven pills to hold me over?! Wtf. Rave is that I saw a chiro today since I've been getting daily headaches and it was wonderful. She's also Webster technique certified so will be especially beneficial when we get closer to having to make sure baby is in the right position!

Questions for FTM, STM+? // I saw someone post about Braxton hicks and how they're already feeling them. Seems so early! I have no clue what that feels like, but I have been crampy-ish. If you had BH, when did you start feeling them?

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? // My BFF! Honestly it was hard to not tell her before DH because he was at work when I got the BFP, but the line was sooo faint I wanted to text her for a second opinion. I knew DH would be hurt if I shared we got a BFP with anyone else, so I waited. And then he made me wait until after the doc confirmed to tell her #eyeroll 

• How far along are you? 17 + 5
    I completely just blanked on how far I was! I swore I was 16 weeks and I had to go double check... Pregnancy brain much?!

Monthly appointment Friday and we will schedule the AS then for 2 weeks later!! 

Cravings?
    I'm still surprised that I haven't really had any. I get a few random things I want, but it's never like if I don't get this IMA kill someone kinda bad lol. 

Rants/raves?
    Rants: daily headaches. Go away please. 
    Raves: finally felt little one last Friday night!! And we ordered her crib and dresser!!! 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Did anyone have issues introducing their pets to their new baby? I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I'm not worried about the dogs but mostly about 1 cat. He's pretty needy towards me and can be an asshole when he wants to. 

My friend Sarah who had been along through my TTC journey.  She actually knew before DH because I just didn't believe there was actually a line there!
    @mrsmatt1212 I was wondering the same thing about Braxton Hicks!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 14+6

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Not until the 21st.

Cravings? Everything bagels & cream cheese

Rants/raves? Rant: At a baby shower this weekend with co-workers, my pregnant friend and I were talking about the hospital where we're delivering. Another co-worker says, "good luck there! May God be with you!" She's suing that hospital/company because of an experience she had, but I was so frustrated that she would say that to two first time moms. It's a very reputable hospital, where several other co-workers have had great experiences. 
    Rave: I'm off work Friday and a friend is visiting. It'll be a nice break!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Has anyone used a doula? I don't know if we'll be able to afford one, but I'm considering it to help with labor/delivery as a FTM, help avoid unnecessary interventions, and some help postpartum. 

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? The TTGP board! Then about a week later, DH and I told a couple we're close with.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • How far along are you? 18+6

Rants/raves? So... is week 17 onward the "rapid expansion" phase? I swear I'm bigger every single day. Putting on socks and tied shoes today was a smidge more challenging than normal. 

GTKY: Besides your SO and doctor, who was the first person you told about this pregnancy? My best friend since the age of 2. The month I got pregnant was actually very stressful so we'd been texting a lot. I'd said, "On top of everything else I may be pregnant." After DH and I got over our "wow we're having a baby" moment I texted her, "Break out the Entemann's, you're going to be an aunt!" (That's a Sex and the City reference.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 - haha I was wondering the same thing...all the sudden it's completely noticeable I'm pregnant.I had lots of little aches and pains last week so I thought maybe things were on the move!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• How far along are you? 18+3

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? not until 18th

Cravings? fruit, fruit, fruit 

Rants/raves? rave!: I'm pretty sure I finally felt this little bean move and I am freaking out! I've been super envious of people (here and fb) that have been feeling their babies for a while now...I even called SO at work because I just had to tell someone 

Questions for FTM, STM+?

my mom... called her more out of fear because we grew up very religious ( SO and I aren't married, not supposed to have sex before etc etc)... but she was actually super excited like squealing with joy because she finally gets a grand baby lol 
  • @DeansGirl14, yay I hope so!  I finally feel like I'm starting to develop a bump, instead of blump....I love getting bigger right now! It's so exciting!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JWatt5 said:
    @DeansGirl14 - haha I was wondering the same thing...all the sudden it's completely noticeable I'm pregnant.I had lots of little aches and pains last week so I thought maybe things were on the move!
    I'm glad to hear you guys say that.. I've felt more random aches and stretches the past week and was wondering if it was just me!

Pregnancy Ticker