February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of March 6

NiceyMeanyNiceyMeany member
edited March 2017 in February 2017 Moms
Do we still want to keep up regular appointment threads? We will all be going to follow-ups and pediatrician appointments for a while. 

Re: Appointments: Week of March 6

• @Jab3 things have picked up on Facebook. That's probably a contributing factor on why this place has died down a bit. 

Z has her one month appt tomorrow. Curious to know what her weight is up to now! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Nate goes for another growth/weight check on Friday.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sort of sad to see how quickly it died too @Jab3.  
    I'm in favor of the weekly threads continuing still like this one @NiceyMeany

Tomorrow, I have a 4 week PP appointment and on weds Austin has his 1 month check up!! Geez 1 month already! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with the weekly threads! I'm not part of the Facebook group (not enough of a regular contributor around here, I think), but have always enjoyed reading the advice given. 

Check up tomorrow for me -- my LO has his one month check up next week! 
  • @concreteangell, I figured as much. That damn Facebook, it's getting more tempting by the day lol 

@kswiger06, do our babies have the same birthday? Mine was born on the 7th...
  • How do we get added to the facebook group?
  • @kswiger06 It is sad how quickly things died around here. When I was on The Bump with my first pregnancy (DD is 7) boards were set up differently and stayed much more active after delivery. The interest boards( Attachment Parenting and The Eco-Friendly Family) were always super busy and moms transitioned to the baby age boards after delivery. 
  • No appointments this week, but I do agree I wish it was more active around here
  • Evelyn had a 2 week checkup today. She is 1oz from birth weight and everything looked good. We won't go back until she is 2 months now. 
  • @Jab3 yes, my little man was born on the 7th!! :)

@chef'swife I had thought people would stick around chatting or asking Q's about their baby's for a little while, it seems like March came and everyone left. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    I don't have a FB so I'm really sad to see this board slowing down. Whatever we have to do to keep it going, I'm in.

@Jab3 and @kswiger06 my LO was born on the 7th also! It must have been a busy day!
  • I don't have a FB so I'm really sad to see this board slowing down. Whatever we have to do to keep it going, I'm in.

@Jab3 and @kswiger06 my LO was born on the 7th also! It must have been a busy day!
    Lol its funny that all 3 of us don't have FB, and all our LOs were born on the 7th. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    edited March 2017
    Agree that we need new weekly threads to keep this board active. I think the reason the FB group is getting more action is because it's quicker and easier for short posts, random thoughts, and quick responses to questions from other members. I've been on here, but I just don't have much to contribute to the current threads since we don't have many appointments, and threads like weekly randoms get so long I just can't keep up. I like @Partyof6? 's suggestions for new threads!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll take a thread :) What do other boards do?
  • I can do a thread too, but I don't know what people want... I was going to keep doing HDBD since that's been getting posts still
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    I don't have a FB so I'm really sad to see this board slowing down. Whatever we have to do to keep it going, I'm in.

Lol its funny that all 3 of us don't have FB, and all our LOs were born on the 7th. :)
    The 7th must have been the day for the anti Facebook babies to make their appearance lol

@chef'swife, yes my DS is about 6 1/2 so very close to your DD's age and same thing, my old BMB kept going strong for at least the first year after the babies were born. Same for my DD1 who's 4 1/2. I've loved this board and still do so hoping it does make a comeback.
  • I have Facebook but didn't join the group because I'm more comfortable staying here. I hope the board stays active. As the board died down a little, I thought about starting threads but couldn't think of anything worthwhile, so so didn't. Anyone have ideas?
  • I don't mind starting any threads!

I don't know if this would be helpful, but for those going back to work, maybe a back to work/going to day care thread? I went back last week and DD started day care yesterday. Maybe we could commiserate about not being home with our LOs anymore lol.
  • I would love to see more threads around here!! I didn't join the Facebook group and I love having the community here to get advice from and to read everyone's stories. I'm liking all the threads suggested so far and I need them because I am so new to all of this haha. I'd be up for starting one too even though I haven't before. Maybe a PP fitness/wellness check in or something? I do the know how well that went over during pregnancy though 
  • LOL I still would love a fitness check in. I find them pretty motivating but I give up on trying to make it happen. If someone else starts it I'll participate though! I like the back to work idea also. 
  • Yes to the PP fitness check in! I think it would be super motivating -- and probably goes without saying, but it shouldn't be a competition about weight loss. I'd love to get recipe ideas, exercise challenges, etc. just to get me motivated and off the couch once I'm cleared to work out again. 
  • It looks like Nov 16 had some boards so here is some inspiration:
    -WTF Wednesdag
    - MOTN (monthly)
    - Working Moms
    - Weekly Randoms
    - Dumb Questions (Monthly)
    - Sleep / Sleep Training (Monthly)
    - HDBD
    - PPD
    - Childcare (just one it looks like)
    - Rainbow Baby Check In

Anything look appealing? 
  • Are we keeping FFFC and UO Thursday? 
  • Yes to the fitness thread. I think tying in with healthy eating would be good too. The suggestions from the November board all look reasonable. I'd be willing to start any of them. In the early days of this board I was crazy busy with work and my H's new restaurant start up so I couldn't contribute as much but things have settled down a lot and Baby and I have gotten into a pretty good routine. 
  • MommaBean said:
    Are we keeping FFFC and UO Thursday? 
    I'd like to!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • WMommaBean said:
    Are we keeping FFFC and UO Thursday? 
    And Monday BF!  Surely we all still need these :-)
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll start a monthly sleep thread-last night was a rough one here. 
  • I can start a working mom's thread, but I think almost everyone is still on mat. leave lol. Would the end of March be better to start that? What do you ladies think?
  • @ColeBug89 I think you could start it now. People could address fears or concerns about returning to work or if they are changing plans now that little are here. 
  • We have a boob thread which is super all-encompassing. However, I exclusively formula feed. Does anyone else EFF? Or supplement with formula? Is formula feeding it worthy of its own thread?
  • @purplewriter I supplement with formula occasionally, however DD does get all of her meals from a bottle since I EP. I don't know if anyone else EFFs? It could be a good thread if there are enough people interested!
  • @kswiger06 just out of curiosity, did you get cleared for exercise at 4 weeks? My checkup is at 5 and I wouldn't mind getting cleared for exercise but told to wait a few weeks on sex!
  • @kswiger06 just out of curiosity, did you get cleared for exercise at 4 weeks? My checkup is at 5 and I wouldn't mind getting cleared for exercise but told to wait a few weeks on sex!
    My Dr did a pelvic exam and checked where my stitches were, she said I am all healed up and as long as I feel good doing something I can. She gave me the go ahead for sex (if I want to try, but I know you had a big baby) and she said I could ease back into exercise but to not do any big ab work for a while still. If I get too tired, or if it hurts she said to stop.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Interesting about the ab work @kswiger06! I'm pretty eager to get going on that so I don't look pregnant anymore. Good to hear you can be cleared for some exercise before six weeks, though! I'm starting to feel like running could be nice again as my stitches heal. Sex still sounds scary but maybe in a few weeks...
  • @Xstatic3333 I had a bad tear that went up with our son. Sex hurt sooo bad, even after a few months. Now it has me terrified to even think about it for a while still lol but I'm with you on getting my stomach back in order. My belly has gone way down, from what it was, but it's super flabby and mushy. Even my stretchy pants manage to cut into it and cause lumping. I've been sucking my stomach in to start toning the deeper muscles and been tightening, by pulling in and up to try to gain some muscle strength back. I hope that's not considered exercise because I've been doing it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Intake with early intervention this Friday. The pedi wants to keep a close eye on Evie right from the start because of my sons development delays. Fine by me as they tend to offer moms support groups/playgroups and stuff.