Baby Names

Logan James

DH and I thought we found a name that seemed to "fit," but my mom pointed out that everyone may think we named him that because of the new Wolverine "Logan" movie that just came out.

I'm not due until July, so I figured the movie would be forgotten about by then. DH is a bit of a nerd lol, but that is certainly not our reasoning behind the name. We just both like it. 

Thoughts? What do you think of the name itself? 
Me: 27   DH: 28
Married: November 2015
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Logan James

• Totally agree with @MamaWren919

Logan has been popular for quite awhile 

• Loading the player...
  • Really like Logan!!! That connection never would have crossed my mind.
  • I would have never connected it to the movie, just because it is such a popular name. 
  • I loved the X-men cartoons as a child, so I always make the connection, but that is just my nerdyness ;) That said, Logan is a known name and was popular before the Wolverine movies. Personally, it wouldn't hold me back from using the name I love.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Definitely didn't think of the movie, I thought of my cousins son who is Logan James

Love it!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • This makes me feel A LOT better. It's also making me realize maybe I shouldn't share our name choices with family until after the baby is born lol. 

Thank you ladies!
    Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really like Logan, good choice.
  • Logan is a common name, I doubt anyone will actually think that. Even if they do, it's a solid name, use it anyway.

• No association at all
  • I suggested Logan to DH, and he said no, because everyone would think we named him after Wolverine.  I didn't even know what he was talking about!  Glad to hear you ladies don't make that connection either!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Weird..: I love Logan and would never make the connection. 
  • DH and I thought we found a name that seemed to "fit," but my mom pointed out that everyone may think we named him that because of the new Wolverine "Logan" movie that just came out.

I'm not due until July, so I figured the movie would be forgotten about by then. DH is a bit of a nerd lol, but that is certainly not our reasoning behind the name. We just both like it. 

Thoughts? What do you think of the name itself? 
    I think your mom doesn't like the name Logan (for whatever reason) and made the movie excuse because of it. Logan has been around longer than the movie and no one would think you named your LO after said movie. If you like it, go with it.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Logan James was my girl name for when I was pregnant with my son! LOL So, I love it. 
  • I don't know much about comics, but actually just watched Logan today and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this name bc Logan's birth name was James. 

But I think the Wolverine association will die down pretty quickly so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus even if people make the association, Wolverine is a very loved, kick-ass character so it's a good association! :)
  • That's my son's name! I don't think anyone would assume you named him after the movie.