CS/Q:

GTKY: How do you practice self-care?

Me: 28 | DH: 33
EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

Re: WTO Saturday 3/4

• Loading the player...
  • Happy Saturday ladies!
    Enjoy the warm weather @haylsbayls
    Good luck in the tournament @FLAshley and sorry for the cold weather to you and @RVAmom315
    @JJMNO1616  Looking at houses is so exciting. We bought our house last year and I knew it was the one as soon as I saw it. We even gave up on it for a while and looked at others but still ended up coming back and getting it. Good luck!

Month/Cycle:13/14

CD:5

WAYDTGKU: waiting for AF to take a hike 

R/R: It's finally the weekend. Yesterday was such a crazy day at work. We are having a get together later so I'm going to spend most of the day getting ready for that.

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? That's a good question. I guess the only things I do consistently are getting my nails and toes done and waxing. Hairdresser sometimes. Try to exercise at least 3 times per week but that doesn't always happen either. 
  • Month/Cycle: 7/6, 4/4 AL

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV, & Pom juice

R/R: Rave - MIL is watching DS so my H and I can have a day date! Usually when we get a babysitter it's for a group thing, so we hardly ever go out just the two of us. I think we're going to get lunch and go bowling. 

CS/Q:

Like everyone else I'm not very good at it.  I've been trying to get out and walk/run when the weather is nice.  I travel for work about once a month and I usually use the night away to relax at the hotel with a glass of wine and catch up on sleep!

@haylsbayls Enjoy the warm weather, it's freezing here again!
    @FLAshley  Good luck at your dart tournament!
    @JJMNO1616 Have fun looking at houses.  Even if none of them are "the one" it's still good to look to get an idea of what you like.  We actually ended up buying the first house we saw, but I made our agent show us a bunch more just to be sure it was the one.

• @Stargazer&gt;lily That sounds so peaceful-I'm looking forward to getting outside soon as it gets a tad warmer.  There's something so calming about being outside!

@FLAshley One of my favorite things to do is curl up with a good book.  So relaxing !

@JJMNO1616 Have fun house hunting!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • I'm back, finally! The last 2 weeks have been insane. I will explain below.

@haylsbayls Those scrubby towels are the best!!
    @JJMNO1616 Yay for house shopping! I think it's really helpful to see houses even if they aren't "the one" so it helps you narrow down the types of things you like or things that you might like that you didn't even realize, etc.
    @TigerCakes Cycle day twin!

Month/Cycle: 9/9 

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, preseed, all the usual

R/R: Ladies. I do not think I have experienced a crazier 2-week stretch in my life. First we adopted a new dog (yay!), and he's so sweet but definitely still a puppy! Then my mom was here during this whole stretch, visiting from out of the country, which was awesome. While she was here, she helped watch DS while I went on a mini vacation to Las Vegas with my aunt over last weekend. It was great except I got AF while there (on to cycle 9) and my grandmother died. While I was in Las Vegas. I was/am sad, but we knew it was coming. She was in her 90s, and was living on her own until last year. I could only hope to do as well. Then yesterday my mom went back home. It's been such a roller coaster. So many feels. And I missed you all, especially when I learned we had another unsuccessful cycle (haven't been at my desk the whole time, and I'm a terrible mobile Bump-er but tried to lurk as much as I could).

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: How do you practice self-care?  I try to eat somewhat healthy, although that's been out the window the last several weeks, as has my exercise routine, so I need to get back to it. I have a massage gift card from last year, so I suppose I should probably try to use that soon too.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @TigerCakes enjoy your day date!

@safire3 have fun at your get together

@Flashley @Stargazer&gt;lily @RVAmom315  I am ready four for summer at this point and so over the cold!

@JJMNO1616 GL with house searching! I loved the home buying process and seeing different options. We ended up buying a semi custom build because we didn't find the one on the market, but looking at different styles and set ups excites me.

@haylsbayls  enjoy your hike!

Month/Cycle:    5/6   4TTCAL

CD:  13

WAYDTGKU: waiting one more day for crosshairs 

R/R: Spending the day with my brother, his wife and and my nieces. Going to a local nerf dart range (kind of like laser tag). 

CS/Q: nope

I take breaks during the work day to walk around or talk with others, it helps me refocus after. I also try to exercise a few days a week. 
  • @alysapuggles. Wow what a crazy couple of weeks, so much going for you.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @alysapuggles yay for cycle twins! So sorry about your grandmother but hope you enjoyed your trip to Vegas!
    @dragonfly87 thanks! A nerf dart range sounds awesome! I'm going to have to look to see if we have one around here but I doubt we do.  Have fun!
  • Lurking from TWW but just wanted to say @haylsbayls great GTKY question. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the responses. Self care is so so important! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @dragonfly87 My H and I have considered a semi custom build for that exact reason but the problem is most of those houses seem to be in subs that don't have any mature trees  :( So we are also looking at houses below our price range with the intention to remodle if we can't find a "gem" that fits what we want. 
  • @haylsbayls I've never heard of those towels! Where do you get them?

M/C: 16/5 after 2nd loss

CD:13

WAYDTGKU: HIO and PNV. I'm taking a very relaxed approach to temping(like 3 temps so far) and not doing OPKs this month. My heart and my soul needed to step away from all of it this month.

GTKY: I'm very active but as far as nails, facials, etc not so much. I've invested in good skin care products the last few years though.
  • @purplg8r: It's a really fun place. Looks like this:

Also, don't feel like a horrible friend for not being exciting or wanting it to be over quickly. You have gone through a lot this past month and your feelings are valid! Hugs...and hopefully it goes smoothly and ends quickly!
  • @purplg8r I hope all goes smoothly and quickly for you today ! 

@dragonfly87 That sounds like a blast !

@Redpuma119 I hope the relaxed approach brings you some peace. 

@alysapuggles I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you. 

@TigerCakes A day date sounds fun !! Enjoy. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• @JJMNO1616 Have fun house hunting! I saw the strangest things when DH and I were looking at houses.
    @purplg8r Hope everything goes smoothly! I'm in the middle of planning a bridal shower right now for my future SIL, and I also hate hosting things, so I feel you on that side of it. 
    @cdnrunning Wine is obviously the best way to practice self-care!

Month/Cycle: 1/1NTNP

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNVs, CM, Vitex

R/R: Going bowling with friends tonight, and just generally happy that it's the weekend

CS/Q:

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? Mostly Netflix binges, but I also enjoy a hot bath (especially when it's cold out).
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @Cricket648 just curious since you said you areNTNP, but you are tracking temps and CM. Why are you counting it was NTNP? Are you just HIO randomly? 
  • @dragonfly87 Basically, yes, we're not specifically timing this cycle. I was already tracking those things becasue I was using FAM while TTA. I almost feel like I'm in between NTNP and TTC.
  • @cricket648 oh ok. But if you have been tracking, don't you already know which days you likely O? And then may just not HIO near it on purpose? 

Sorry for all the Qs, I am just used to hearing NTNP as when someone knows little about their cycle and just HIOs when they feel like it. 
  • @dragonfly87 Yes, I may very well decide to do that! Haha. I guess I used "NTNP", because I felt like I wasn't committed enough yet to claim TTC. I understand why that would be confusing to see though. 

I also don't know as well as I'd like when O might be, becasue my cycles are long and irregular (recently they've been between 45-94 days long).
  • @cricket648 oh I understand. Sorry your cycles are so long, 94 days is crazy long! I have heard Vitex helps regulate cylces, has that helped for you? 
  • @dragonfly87 My honest answer is that I'm not sure. My cycles had been getting gradually shorter, and then this 94 day thing happened. I'm hoping it was just a one time thing (I know it's not uncommon to have an anovulatory cycle every now and then), and not a new pattern. 
  • Happy Saturday! Moving over from TWW on CD1

@FLAshley Darts sound like fun! Curious, are you still in Florida? I love in SoFla and the weather today is perfect (I am just dreading the end of the month when it gets allllll kinds of swampy again). 
    @JJMNO1616 Have fun looking! I am an HGTV addict but my limited experience with IRL house hunting was more stressful and less fun than expected in the market we're currently in. Hopefully you have a better experience! 
    @TigerCakes Have fun with your day date! Sounds like a nice day. 
    @alysapuggles Sorry to hear about your Grandma -- losing a loved one is never easy, even if you are somewhat prepared. Hopefully you are taking care of yourself well and indulging in lots of new puppy snuggles. 
    @purplg8r H for the win! I may have had to google what a Cinderella's carriage waffle looks like and now I'm kind of jealous :) 

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 1 (two or three low temps below my coverline had prepared me for the move so I'm actually relieved I didn't have to wait longer... feeling hopeful about this month!) 

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, green tea... lots of bangin' ;-)
    I'm having EWCM issues so I ordered evening primrose and preseed that should be here tomorrow. We'll see.

R/R: Rave: It's Saturday and it's beautiful here. We're heading out to an arts festival and I get to have lots of guilt-free beers tonight at my favorite Irish pub. Rant: After like 8 years of Mirena and being spoiled with no periods/cramping for so long, my second CD 1 since I was 20 years old is hitting me hard. Like, ouch. I just feel pretty gross in general today. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? I wish I were a little better in this department, but since we started trying I do think I'm more health-conscious than I was. I do love a long bath with a book (Harry Potter for the roughest of days) and I love to get pedicures, especially when I've had a rough week. H and I laugh a lot and really appreciate comedy, so that's a small part of it too. This is a good question! 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• @CandyApple2012 LOL, this has came up so many times because of my name (I clearly didn't think my screen name through). I'm not from or have ever been to Florida. I'm Canadian actually ! The FL comes from my name ;). Glad you are enjoying the weather though ! 

@beachbunnyxo123 Goodluck in the TWW!! Rooting for you !!!

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16

• Hello! I just posted an intro in the Newbie thread, so this will be my first daily thread post! I'm going to try to keep it simple today and get fancier with tagging people and replies and whatnot for my next try. 

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, PNV, OPKs, all the usual stuff!

R/R: Excited to finally be posting after lurking for quite a while. Also excited that I'm finally on the mend after being sick most of the week. The sickness coincided with the end of my TWW, which was definitely not fun on a number of fronts! I'm embarrassed now by the things I tried to convince myself were pregnancy symptoms...

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? I am a major introvert, so the biggest thing is making sure I get some alone time to recharge. Fortunately my DH is very understanding about this and doesn't take it personally. I am also a big fan of peppermint tea and hot chocolate with marshmallows!
  • Welcome @Augusta108 !! I hope your stay is short !!

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16

• @alysapuggles are the towels as good as the internet says?! I'm waiting until tonight so I can get right into bed considering I'll be missing a layer of skin

@Redpuma119 google Korean Italy towels! Igor no them of father Amazon for $6. I'll report back tomorrow if they work!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I appreciate it.

@haylsbayls I sure think so! It's like washing and exfoliating simultaneously, and I especially love them during dry winter weather.

@purplg8r The puppy is a beagle mix. They weren't sure what the father was, but she suspected maybe Aussie. He's 4 months old and nearly as big as our other dog who is a beagle- pug mix. He's really sweet and learning quickly so far!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17

• Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pretty much everything except BBT

R/R: I'm in Toronto for the next 6 days for work. Happy to see a new city, but sightseeing in these freezing temps is rough!

CS/Q: Anyone from Toronto have favorite places?

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? I've started acupuncture and that helps but mostly my best 'feel good' activity is sleeping.  For me, a long nap (or multiple naps) heals all.
  • Month/Cycle:1

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: ED until Af

R/R: nothing really

CS/Q:

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? Um...I try to get 10k steps a day, try to cut out sugar, but I've lessened mostly to about 5 teaspoons a Day.
  • @dragonfly87 gah--the pic isn't showing up on my phone. And thanks!  It actually went pretty well!

@CandyApple2012 so sorry about CD1!  The carriage was our wedding theme so I had to get the waffle maker when I saw it--but I never use it!

@alysapuggles aww. I love puppies!
  • @JennyV56 Hey ! Haven't seen you around here before - forgive me I'm wrong. I thought I would mention CS/Q means chart stalk/question. More about your chart and anything pertaining to your chart and any questions you may have ;)

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16

• @FLAshley Oops! I was just reading through the "Where do you live" GTKY and realized I was probably making assumptions about your whereabouts. Parts of Florida are beautiful to visit, but I don't think you're missing out, lol. 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• @alysapuggles so sorry about your grandma!

@JJMNO1616 have fun house hunting!

@Augusta108 welcome!!

Month/Cycle: 15/15

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv, EPO, preseed

R/R: I got crap sleep today so definitely had to discard my temp. Work has been slow this weekend so I've been able to bump while I'm here!

CS/Q: nope 

GTKY: How do you practice self-care? Yoga! And I love to read, especially before bed. I'm looking into acupuncture also. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22