Trying to Get Pregnant

IVF - My eggs didn't grow?!

Hello out there!

Wanted to post a quick questions, in hopes maybe some of those going through infertility/IVF may be able to assist. My husband and I did out first round of IVF this past month, and it was cancelled after 10 days of sim drugs because only 2 of my approximately 21ish follicles grew to be the appropriate size. We were shocked, since I have always been the healthy part here, and it is my husbands low sperm motility that was the identified problem. Now they are thinking their may be a female factor, even though my egg numbers and quality are good.

I'm wondering if this has suddenly happened to anyone else out there? And if so, did you try IVF again? How was your protocol different?

Re: IVF - My eggs didn't grow?!

• I am so, so sorry that you are going through this.  I hope you find the personal stories you are looking for on the Infertility board.  Perhaps ask if your RE can have a sit down with you and answer some of your questions about possible causes?
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely come join us on the infertility boards. Although your RE will be able to give you answers that are unique to your situation, there are many women on that board who have been dealing with all sorts of IVF issues, including problems with follicles.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~