Options

Thursday Ticker Change 3/2

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17, Aug 24, Aug 31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Which room in your house is your favorite and why?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 3/2

• Options
    How far along are you? 18 weeks

How big is baby? Artichoke 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? I can feel LO moving now!  Way sooner than with DD since I had an anterior placenta with her. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just preschool insanity for DD. How are there not enough spots for the population of 3 year olds in our area?

I'm picking our kitchen. When we were looking for houses I told DH if he gets a shop, I get a nice kitchen. It has a walk-in pantry, tons of cabinets, and lots of countertop space. The only thing we plan to change someday is putting in a gas range. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I've been super crazy all week and haven't had a chance to get on here.....so here's to happy ticker change day and getting back to life!
    How far along are you?  17 weeks

How big is baby? Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, but AS is scheduled for 3/14, very much looking forward to that!

Still can button my pants :-( but I feel like I'm starting to look pregnant instead of just bloated, I can't wait for the more obvious bump
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just excited for the gender reveal - we're doing tannerite and the wholesale powder company is local, so we can pick it up the day after we order it instead of paying $20 for shipping!!
    Definitely the kitchen.  We have people over A LOT, even if it's just the neighbors, and everyone gravitates towards our kitchen - it's big and open with a bar for people that want to sit.  Very homy and fun to have everyone gathered in the same area just to hang out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bumpybump that's so exciting, you can feel the baby!!! Can't wait till I start feeling it! 

How far along are you?
    16 weeks! 

How big is baby? per Ovia - a dill pickle, per Bump an avocado. Ovia had an avocado last week, anyone know why it's off? 

Upcoming appointments this week? Next appt with midwife is 3/13. Met with endo on wednesday (have hashimotos), my TSH jumped from 1.6 to 3.6, so she upped my medicine a small amount. She wasn't concerned with the jump as my T4 was good. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Headaches! Every morning, waking up and feeling like I've been partying the night before! Also, bumps there, we can see it, crazy! I feel some of the bloat went away, and now the bumps taking over!

Rants/Raves/Questions? How's everyone sleeping? I normally sleep on my back or sides, but lately I find my back uncomfortable. I feel like my stomach gets pushed in. Sleeping on the sides is fine, but I hear the left is better than the right. Anyone know why? 

Hmm, probably the living room. We have an open kitchen, and the living room set up is so inviting! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jacksonbears I try to avoid sleeping on my back already since after 20 weeks it's advised not to anymore. Left is considered "better" than right. I believe it's based on less blood flow when laying on your right. But I've also heard it puts pressure on your liver.  For me it's all about comfort. I'm more comfortable laying on my left. I do remember that during labor with DD, her heart rate went up if I laid on a certain side so I was "stuck" laying on one side until I started pushing. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @jacksonbears I was sleeping fine until recently. Since a couple days ago when I lay on my back, I almost feel like I can't breathe as well. I've always been a rotation sleeper and would rotate between both sides and my stomach and back, so I'm hoping soon my body will just keep to the side when I sleep.  Also last night I had terrible vivid nightmares that kept waking me up.
    @bumpybump ahhh I can't wait to start feeling mine!
    @caity024 when are yall doing the reveal?!

How far along are you? 

17 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate
    None, but had US last Friday.  Little girl is looking so cute already!
    My days now alternate between nauseated and wanting to eat everything.in.sight. Also, headaches have hit me daily. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    When is everyone planning on buying nursery furniture? I don't want to order it too soon, but at the same time, I don't want to risk it being backordered and not getting it until late. (PS, Babies R Us has 20% off all furniture right now).
    Kitchen, hands down.  We were just forced to remodel our entire house (2 feet of water in it), and I am obsessed with the kitchen! I also used to love cooking (ahem, pre pregnancy), and I can't wait to want to cook again and enjoy my new kitchen.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 this first comment isn't helpful but we already have our furniture since we left the nursery as is when DD switched rooms to her big girl bed. But, we found our set on clearance about four months before DD arrived. It was at the store so we didn't have to wait on shipping. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    16 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Cupcake/Avocado
    None till the 16th :(
    Holy Hunger! I thought I was eating a a lot before!
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My hair has been super shiny and limp this pregnancy, will this go away?

The boys' room. It was my living room, but we had to safety proof it with the last pregnancy, and it's covered with baby stuff. 

@bumpybump @caity024 @NatSprat0703 I am jealous that you all love your kitchens! It's my least favorite room in my house. I would remodel, but it has a horrible set up, so I don't think it would make me much happier. It wasn't bad when I was single, but now married with two kids (and on eon the way) it is super unfunctional!
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703
    I actually bought my crib when I was pregnant with my first during the first few weeks because we found an awesome deal! We didn't buy a changing table because I heard it was pointless (we never missed it! we changed more diapers in the bathroom and living room than in the bedroom!) and we sued an old dresser we had. I know this didn't totally help, but my point was if you find a good deal on a crib, snag it! otherwise, you have time. Also, you may get back rewards from you registry, or even extra coupons. Normally the registry coupons can be combined with other deals (I know the target ones can be.)
  • Options

How far along are you? 

18 weeks 
    How big is baby? 
    An artichoke
    Anatomy scan next week
    Pubic bone pain, round ligament pain, bleeding gums that I got a rinse for from my dentist! 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: I'm hungry all the time now! 
    Rave: Lucky's had a DYI trail mix setup so now I have awesome trail mix to snack on! 
    My craft room! I love having a space to craft in!!! 
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 Ahhh just saw your March siggy... freaking adorable. I actually ordered a glider and crib from BRU yesterday because of that 20% off deal. They didn't have the crib in-store to see, but said if we didn't like it that we could return to the store and avoid shipping fees. Maybe worth it to buy something if you guys really like it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703, we find out the 14th, blowing up the tannerite 3/18  B)B)B)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    16 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    A can of soda.
    Not for a few more weeks now.
    Same old, same old.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    MIL.  She asked if I could feel the baby.  I said not yet.  She told me I was wrong and I really should be by now.  I can't even anymore.  How do you even set these boundaries everyone speaks of?
    My living room.  It's the only room in the house that I feel is completely decorated.  Every other room is still missing finishing touches.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    14 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Lemon
    Upcoming  appointments this week?
    Not for another 2 weeks
    Just feeling heavier in my belly. My lower back is starting to hurt, but a lot of that is also from standing for long periods. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I had a special gender determination scan yesterday and did a fun confetti balloon pop yesterday. We found out we are having a boy and a girl!  My son is excited today, but last night he had himself convinced he was going to have two brothers. He pouted for a bit. 
    I don't know. We have slowly been fixing up our house for a year, but no room is where we want it. I guess the living room, since that's where we spend the most time. 
  • Options
    @jacksonbears get some extra pillows!  I put one behind my back so I can lay on my back at an angle. It's not ideal, I miss being able to lay flat on my back. 
  • Options
    @secicc12 Thanks, it's not very springy but I don't care, I just love beagles haha. ah so exciting! So you can go in store and order ones that aren't on display?? Hubs and I are going this afternoon!
    @Mamabee2 I love a good trailmix!
    @taylormarie923 ahhhh congratulations! One of each, how exciting!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 Yes you should be able to! I ordered over the phone, but if you see a piece you love online and it's not in-store you should definitely still be able to order it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll blame it on pregnancy brain, thought it was Thursday today...

How far along are you? 

17w1d

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate 

Upcoming  appointments this week?
    I'm going to my primary care since I'm sick 

I actually looked pregnant yesterday! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

We move into our new home 3/24 but so far I've loved the natural light in the living room and my little wingback chair that I'll put in it.

• Options
    @MrsPlatz good luck with closing and moving!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump Thanks!  It's all happening at once!  I'd rather be doing it now and not when I'm bigger, so I'm grateful.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  15 weeks

How big is baby? a navel orange

Tuesday! Looking forward to it
    More energy!! And the bump is obviously a bump at this point. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    my spring break is here!!!! I can finally deep clean my house which hasn't happened since first trimester sickness came on... gross! And I'm looking forward to working in my garden and spending time with DS.
    hmm I guess I would say our living room. It would probably be our kitchen but all of our appliances seem to be crapping out at the same time so it's a source of frustration lately.

congrats on the new house! @MrsPlatz