July 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

I didn't see this started and I have a WTF to get off my chest. Forgive any toe stepping 

Re: WTF Wednesday

• DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited March 2017
    I fell yesterday, hard. We rescued a cat off our porch and had her in a big dog crate for a couple days to make sure she was litter trained and help her adjust. We put this crate in our office which also doubles as the kids playroom and changing area. We let the cat out of the crate and due to my kids unwavering desire to bang on and play in the crate, I collapsed it. 

Fast forward 2 days, last night I was going to change my daughter before bed and the light was off in the office. As I walk in before I could hit the light, I had completely forgotten about the collapsed crate on the floor. I trip on it and with something worthy of a looney tunes cartoon fell and got my pajama pants caught on the crate somehow which tore from the knee to the butt. Luckily for me (and I doubt I could ever repeat this) I was able to put my daughter down mid-fall without her getting hurt but I fell hard on top of the  crate and my entire left side is bruised and hurts so bad I couldn't sleep last night (that and tornados). This morning has been even worse. Thankfully I never hit my stomach but my side is black and blue from my armpit to my knee. Grace was never my strong suit. 

WTF gravity and dog crates? I was trying to do a good thing! Plus those were my favorite pajama pants :( 
  • Oh no @Dcwtada that sounds seriously painful! Glad your daughter is ok (moms manage to do some pretty crazy heroic crap for their kids), and that you didn't fall on your bump! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    A second or third cousin of mine had a fire in the attic of the house she was renting and has been blowing it up saying she lost everything even though the pictures she posted was mostly of fallen debris from the ceiling and you could see clothes and furniture was fine, but needed to be cleaned.  She started a crowd funding page and has been bugging everybody to share it because her family of 7+ needs to raise $10,000.

I'm all for helping people out, but this particular person is hateful and mean and talks so much crap about the entire family.  She's burned bridges with her mother, father, and two siblings, as well as all the extended family from just being horrible!  She's greedy and took off with things that weren't hers to take after a family member passed away.  She constantly refers to her 15 year old daughter and young nieces as the b-word like it's normal. 

It's been about two or three days since the incident I think and she's only raised $600 (which is way more than I thought she'd get) and she just put everyone on blast on Facebook because nobody (family wise) has helped her out.  Um... Do you not remember how many times you've cut people out of your life for dumb stuff?  I always give people second and third (fourth, fifth) chances depending on the circumstances, but I have NO sympathy for her based on who she is as person and her actions that continue to show her true self.

One of the richest parts of the whole thing is that she keeps posting her fundraising page and saying, "Please share this with everyone, tell them what kind of people we are!"  Oh believe me, you really don't want me to do that.  You'd probably lose donations.

ETA spelling

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Dcwtada Oh my goodness!  I'm glad you and your daughter are okay and that you didn't fall on your bump! That's seriously awful and I'm sorry that happened to you.  I had a nightmare about being in the basement during a tornado last night after our conversation lol.  Hope you get to feeling better and that you find new favorite pajamas!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My WTF goes to my dad.

Two families from my town have had pretty tragic losses in the last couple of days. The first family lost their mom to a skiing accident, she leaves behind 5 kids ages 18months-11years. The other family the dad and kids died in a plane crash leaving behind a 22 week pregnant mom. I have been so heartbroken and thankful for my family. Well my dad sends me a message this morning telling me that he has made me his legacy contact on Facebook and that he updated his Will giving me the brunt of responsibility if something were to happen to him. I know it wasn't meant to upset me but it's been a rough week for our entire community and him mentioning that something could happen to him really didn't help my heart. So now I am just an emotional mess.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Oh sweetie @cssme13 that is tough, I know what you mean. My dad had cancer this fall and not only made me executor of his will but wanted to go over everything each one of the kids would get in case my mom passed too.

so sorry for all of your losses, community heartaches can be so painful and hit close to home in a way you can't shake :( Wishing your dad many more healthy years. Hang in there! 
  • @Dcwtada thank you! I definitely get where he was coming from because my mom passed away almost 7 years ago and had absolutely nothing in terms of a Will and it was tough for him to get stuff like her business and personal accounts taken care of so I know it is coming from a place of love and wanting us to be okay when he does pass but goodness I still expect a good 50 years out of him.

• @Dcwtada so glad your bump and daughter are okay, falling while holding a child is no fun and even worse if pregnant. 

@cssme13 it's so had to keep emotions in check during pregnancy, but it's a huge honor for your dad to include you in his plans and make sure everything is in place. I had a friend from high school who found out she had a brain tumor and had to get brain surgery, she has a 2 year old. The news really shook me and DH up and got us to rewrite our wills to include new baby.

My WTF was to the Starbucks Batista who took my order then questioned "decaf" I didn't say decaf so nooo please give me the caffeine and stop judging me. Also my children are sick and acting as if they are feral animals   , hence the need for starbucks today. 
  • @Dcwtada Ouch!  I hurt just reading your story!  I've definitely have moments where I'm mid-fall thinking, 'This is NOT going to end well.'  Hope you are on the mend soon!  

@cssme13 I get why he did it and I know you do too but sooooo totally not the right time to mention it.

@maybeitsmadeline I'm the jerk who would totally call her out if she had the nerve to say that about family so publicly.  I get why you don't feel sorry for her and I wouldn't either.  $10k?!  That ain't no chump change!  I once had a friend ask me to start a GoFundMe for her so she could buy a new vehicle (new as in a used beater) because she was too embarrassed to do it herself.  She said she didn't want to ask her family directly but knew they would contribute if a fund was set up.  Just from being her friend I don't approve of the way she manages her money so I said no.  Without telling her my reasoning of course.  It's just awkward. (I know it's not my business but when she'd rather spend $ on weed as opposed to bills, you bet your ass I judge the ever-loving hell out of her!)  My cousin also created one once to go to school.  Which wouldn't be an issue except... 
    a)  His Dad/my Uncle passed a few years ago and he got a nice chunk of change and blew it on God knows what.  His sister on the other hand purchased her Dad's house and spent the money wisely  b)  I had some help from family but still ended up with debt and had to pay that off myself.  Zero sympathy.  c) He was asking for the full amount of his course.  Like, you're not going to pay for any of it yourself?  Ugh.  You get a loan and work while you're in school.  It wasn't like an actual diploma or degree, it was for a heavy equipment training and license so there's really not a lot of 'book work' involved in the course at all and working during it is totally feasible.  (I know because my husband holds several heavy equipment and specialty licenses) 

My WTF Wednesday...
    1.  I forgot to wash the lettuce before I cut it up so I I had a tasty salad with a side of dirt for lunch lol
    2.  People who spend $900+ on their kids birthday parties.  And I don't mean some big bash.  Literally 2 hours at our facility.  Makes my head spin!   
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @stokesm21 Girl YES.  You get it.  It might even make more sense to me if it was her house she owned, but she rented it and the owner is the one that is really up the creek having to get all of that fixed.  She's been making up likes about her husband not working to get more sympathy and donations, but we know better.

The two stories you shared made me roll my eyes soooo hard.  It takes a lot of nerve to ask someone to start a GoFundMe page for you.  And if you need a car that badly, I would just go to my family!  I don't see how going around it helps anyone.  I know it's awkward, but come on.  I wouldn't have felt comfortable starting the page either!

As for the school thing, that gets my blood boiling!  Firstly because so many of us had to take loans because we didn't expect other people to support us, and secondly, I get especially heated about the ones that have no plan to cover any expense themselves.  I saw one recently from a girl that was in her last semester and hadn't taken any loans the entire time, but needed help to finish her last semester out.  She was looking for everyone to cover her so she could graduate.  If you haven't had loans the entire time you were in school you are truly blessed and can handle one small loan to finish.  I don't get it, but maybe it's just my pride.  Idk.

Sorry about our lettuce!!! Dirt sucks. >:(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cssme13 My parents recently updated their will and gave me power of attorney so I know how you feel. However, now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm glad I know what their wishes are. 

My WTF goes to my FIL, who said that because I have a small frame, my baby won't have enough room to grow and stretch out and will probably end up with leg and joint issues ("but it's ok because they can do surgery to correct things like this"). I laughed when DH first told me this, but then I cried the next morning. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @stokesm21 I am curious about where you work, is it just like an event hall? I know so many people who rent out huge event places for their kids first birthdays its ridiculous to pay that much for a basically empty room when the local skating rink or kids play place do full birthdays for about $200.

Also +1 on the ridiculous gofundme pages. I paid for all of my schooling and came out debt free because I worked my butt off so why should it be any different for anyone else? I've seen them for kids, when I say kids I mean like 20+ years old, to take trips abroad during the summer, I'm sorry but it isn't necessary for you to travel if you cannot afford it.

• cssme13 said:
    @stokesm21 I am curious about where you work, is it just like an event hall? I know so many people who rent out huge event places for their kids first birthdays its ridiculous to pay that much for a basically empty room when the local skating rink or kids play place do full birthdays for about $200.

Also +1 on the ridiculous gofundme pages. I paid for all of my schooling and came out debt free because I worked my butt off so why should it be any different for anyone else? I've seen them for kids, when I say kids I mean like 20+ years old, to take trips abroad during the summer, I'm sorry but it isn't necessary for you to travel if you cannot afford it.
    THIS.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    My WTF goes out to my work. At 11:30 today, my mom sent me a local news story about a boil water advisory including the hospital where I work. Normally I use our water and ice machines all day long but I then bought a bottle of water at lunch. The hospital sent out an all employee email at almost 2pm informing us of the advisory!! Hope nothing too bad is wrong with the water for all of those employees and patients who drank it for those 2 hours!!
  • lol traveling is something that motivated me to finish college, and live frugally to save for world travel trips!!!! Work+ saving money by being cheap= money= world travel(in my life situation) 
  • @CPR79 yikes! Boston once had a boil water advisory for FIVE days. I had to call my husband because I knew he would drink it otherwise. Of course, it coincided with the first warmer weather of the spring/summer transition. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline Did she not have renters insurance?  It's pretty popular here.  Everyone I know who rents has it.  It's dirt cheap too! 

@ccsme13 I work at a Trampoline Park.  They jump for 1 hour and get 40 minutes in a party room.  The rest of the package is based on # of jumpers and in turn, determines how many pizzas and pitchers of drink they get.   
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @stokesm21 That's another question on my mind.  I would think it's required or strongly encouraged.  The whole thing is bull.  She's telling people she just only needs enough for a deposit on a new place... What kind of place would be $10k deposit?  She also just posted that they lost almost all of their clothes and all the furniture.  Like... how are you gonna lie when I see your clothes are fine and untouched in the photos you're posting!!! It was a two story house, so I guess you only posted pics from upstairs bc... why?  Probably because your downstairs furniture is fine.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 on the GoFundMe issue. Another thing I don't understand is college students constantly complaining about how broke they are, yet somehow affording a luxury trip to the Bahamas with 20 friends for spring break. Unless their parents paid for it?? I never did anything like that in college. My loans are my responsibility as well...I've never asked my parents or anyone else to pay for any of my schooling, my car, etc. 

@GreenBean I just LOVE when people somehow magically "know" things about my body and my baby. Not. :angry: People making assumptions about anything and everything is literally my biggest pet peeve.

Speaking of assumptions, my WTF comes from a Facebook comment yesterday. I'm probably being petty with this one, but the tone of this comment really irked me for some reason. (Also hopefully no one I know IRL is on here haha)
    Anyway, I posted a status asking for other moms advice on car seats and strollers. One girl who I never talk to commented and said they didn't use a "traditional bucket seat/stroller system" - which I have no idea what that means - and gave me a website as a resource. Which is completely fine. I told her I was looking for something like that, because I want to be able to remove the car seat, click into the stroller and go. But then she goes on to give me a warning about the baby getting a flat head from being in a carrier, or any other sort of seat, bouncer, etc. too often. I'm sure her intentions were pure, and I'm probably taking it too personally but it kinda ticked me off. Just because I want a normal infant car seat doesn't mean I'm going to leave the baby lying around all the time and let him get a flat head. :neutral:
  • @kat0607 Oh my goodness.  That would irk me too!  I laughed at first because really?

Image result for does not compute gif

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kat0607 said:
    Speaking of assumptions, my WTF comes from a Facebook comment yesterday. I'm probably being petty with this one, but the tone of this comment really irked me for some reason. (Also hopefully no one I know IRL is on here haha)
    Anyway, I posted a status asking for other moms advice on car seats and strollers. One girl who I never talk to commented and said they didn't use a "traditional bucket seat/stroller system" - which I have no idea what that means - and gave me a website as a resource. Which is completely fine. I told her I was looking for something like that, because I want to be able to remove the car seat, click into the stroller and go. But then she goes on to give me a warning about the baby getting a flat head from being in a carrier, or any other sort of seat, bouncer, etc. too often. I'm sure her intentions were pure, and I'm probably taking it too personally but it kinda ticked me off. Just because I want a normal infant car seat doesn't mean I'm going to leave the baby lying around all the time and let him get a flat head. :neutral:
    I still haven't posted on social media, and comments like this are a huge factor in the reason why. I don't want comments. I get enough of that from my family, and I don't take them well. I'm still running long distances, and I have two half marathons coming up. I don't want comments about my running, despite the "okay" from my doctor. I'm happy to talk about baby with friends who don't judge, but I'm not ready to shout things from the rooftops. I'm still not showing and can easily hide baby. 

I feel like like a broken pregnant woman. Some can't wait for others to notice they're pregnant. I'm prefer to not have to attention. 
  • @kat0607 Ughh that's obnoxious of your friend.  Most of us do the bucket seats!  I posted a similar thing on fb a while ago asking for convertible car seats recs and people started a total mommy war on my wall over which brand was the safest.  It was so awkward!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate my work.  Last week I asked if we could do some restructuring for lunch/phone coverage because I was going to lunch at 1pm or later, which wasn't working for me any longer.  The reason that my lunch is so late is because the person who goes to lunch before me takes, on average, a 90 minute lunch (we get an hour).  

When I talked to my boss about it, I didn't even mention the long lunches of my co-worker but she told me that she would work something out, thinking they would just ask my co-worker to go after me, and everything would be good.  Now, the person that goes to lunch before me wont talk to me because she got reprimanded for her 90 minute lunches because I simply asked if we could restructure phone coverage and lunch breaks. WTF, grow up!
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @kat0607 That would annoy me too. My new favorite people are the ones who have said "trust your body, it knows how to do this" or "every baby is different but x is what worked for me" (because I really do want suggestions). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SquirttheTurtle I can't tell if everyone just has really good WTFs today or I'm just annoyed by everything, but GAH!  Seriously, your coworker needs to grow the f up.  I can't stand it when people take advantage of the system like that and then get mad when they get caught.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OperaSingerMommy right!? I wasn't even aware that there was a different option for infants besides that bucket seat. 
  • @Dcwtada - Ouch! My side is hurting for you!

@maybeitsmadeline - I had someone like that post a go fund me page and I called them out on it but that's because I didn't like seeing people give them $$ that I knew they were really going to spend on fast food, video games, etc and not for what they claimed.

@munchkinsmama - Ugh I hate when people question me on my choices - unless it's my DH but even he doesn't really do it.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• There is something stuck in my left eye and it has been in there all day. I'd try to flush it out, but I'm wearing makeup.
  • My WTF goes to DD (2) and BILs GF. 

Sunday was FILs birthday so the family celebrated at his house. DD has been potty trained for about a month (just a handful of accidents). Well, she was acting up hardcore at dinner and proceeded to hit DS, so I got up to put her in a time out. We walked into another room, and I put her in a corner and told her to count to 10. She faces the corner, counts "1, 2, 3..." then turns around, looks at me and says, "i don't want a time out, I'm gonna potty here" and pisses right there! I had to go back where everyone was to grab her change of clothes, and BILs GF asks if everything is ok. I let her know, yes things are fine, DD just pulled one on me, and explain what happened.  

DH, along with the rest of the adults, chuckle, as I head back to clean up DD )because, let's be honest, it was funny). BILs GF then says, "I guess T (DS) is the definition of 'birth plan' while A (DD) is the definition of 'birth control'."

I still want to punchabitch... (NOT DD)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• @maybeitsmadeline my thoughts exactly.

@SquirttheTurtle it's a pregnancy conspiracy!!! 

• @LoveLee85 ugh the caffeine police are so annoying! I was cleaning my coffee maker in the kitchen at work today and talking to a coworker about how happy I am that my stomach is finally up to coffee again.  Then she said, "oh just one cup?" I paused and said, "Noooo...." and she said, "you can't have more than one!" I told her my doctor said it's fine, and since I didn't go to med school, I'd be relying on my doctor's advice. Urrgghhh. 
  • @PurplePumpernickel I hate it when that happens.  Then you have one eye all done up and the other is all sad.  :(
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Soooo the maintenance guys finally came and actually FIXED the leak in my ceiling, 2 days later. When they were here on Monday they did something that slowed the water but not actually turn it off, so all the paint is messed up in the bathroom. They didn't even try to fix anything. I'm so frustrated.
  • @MrsLa3 I was actually just about to see if they had fixed everything yet. Glad they got the leak but sucky about the paint. Did they say anything about it?

• @mslynn2012 that would make me so angry! I hate when ppl make statements like that, hello they are kids, they all act up. 

@MrsLa3 happy for they finally showed up, but that sucks they left a mess.