July 2017 Moms

STM+ Check In 3/1

LuLiLaEvLuLiLaEv member
edited March 2017 in July 2017 Moms

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents)

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why?

Edit:clarify

Re: STM+ Check In 3/1

• How far along are you? 19 weeks! I freaked a little this morning when I logged in and it said 21 weeks left to go. What?! It's going by so fast this time...

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Feeling pretty good. Enjoying the 2nd tri. No complaints other than bladder control this time around is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I'll be full on peeing myself at the end.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Can't wait to see girlfriend in 2 weeks for my anatomy scan! With DD she was buried in my hip the whole time so we had a hard time seeing her during the anatomy scan. Hopefully this little one cooperates a little better.

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? I can't stand when moms/dads say they're "babysitting" their kid. I also can't stand people who count to 3 to get their kid to do something.

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I wish I was a good cook. I have no interest in cooking, and don't care to prepare a gourmet meal or spend any more than 10 min in the kitchen, but I wish I did!

• How far along are you? 18 weeks and 2 days  

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? RLP pain blows!! I'm actually having it a little later this time than last time and it really only acts up when I workout. I was in enough pain on Monday that I ended up crying and I haven't worked out since. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Any one else having Braxton hicks? 

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? Other judgy moms who judge the way I do things  

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? Memory. Because mine is shot. 

• Loading the player...
  • clioclio member

@LuLiLaEv I never understood the whole count to three thing either. I mean, what happens when you reach 3? I can never seem to tell.

How far along are you? 22 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? The heartburn has commenced. Other than that, no complaints!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I found out this week that MIL is getting married for the fourth time. I am really trying to keep my judgyness at bay but it's been difficult.

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? I generally enjoy being a parent, but the 24-hour responsibility gets to me sometimes. It's stuff like having a toddler bang on the bathroom door during a bout of morning sickness or having a horrible day at work and not being able to just binge watch Netflix. 

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I would finally master French. I majored in it in college but it never clicked. What I would give to be bilingual!

• How far along are you? Umm I think 18 weeks tomorrow, I really should know this

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? My nausea has finally sort of stopped. Everything is pretty much the same as it was with the last two.

Rant/Rave/Questions? A local family just lost their son and 2 grandchildren in a plane crash, leaving behind a wife who is currently 22 weeks pregnant. They found the plane on Monday and I have just been so heartbroken for them. Another local woman died in a skiing accident leaving behind 5 kids ages 11-18months. I have definitely been crying more and squeezing my babies more the last couple of days. My anxiety has kicked in and I hate leaving my kids because of all of the what ifs. It's definitely been a rough couple of days.

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents) Judgy parents who tell me "oh with my son/daughter we did this" Well guess what? I don't freakin care because what works for you might not work for me. Just like what works for my son doesn't necessarily work for my daughter because they are two completely different people.

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I would really love to be able to build my own furniture. I really want a farmhouse table for our new house but can't find any that are in our budget but I have found plans for a lot of really cute ones, if only I could build stuff.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• How far along are you? 22 weeks today!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Knock on wood, but I'm finally starting to feel better. The first 14 weeks of this pregnancy produced identical symptoms as last time (same food aversions, same gagging whenever I blew my nose or brushed my teeth), but I've had lingering nausea this to around. I'm hoping I finally turned a corner!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I wish I didn't have to get up at least once during the night to pee! I have plenty of days of not stttn in my future, and it feels too soon to start now! 

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents) Agreed with Clio about the 24/7 responsibility. It's been hard taking care of my son when I've barely been able to take care of myself!

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I'm a decent knitter, but I never took the time to get to the next level of skill. Who knows when I'll have the opportunity now!!

So sad to be stuck in the box!!!

• How far along are you?

19 weeks yesterday. 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Had to get up to pee a record SIX TIMES last night. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents)

Constantly having other parents competing with you whether with their kids accomplishments or their parenting practices. Or even people comparing my kid to other people's kids. My daughter has always been verbally advanced but she lagged in the physical stuff. Sat at 7 months, crawled at 10 months, walked at 16 months---and having babies the same age or even younger in the family that could was so annoying with people asking 'oh is she doing this? So and so is walking at only 9 months!' Um ok? What are you trying to say? My 1 year old is incompetent? lol it gets me riled up when I think about it. 

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why?

I would love to be able to swim. I never learned and I think it's too late for me now. 

BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• How far along are you? 21+4

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Lower back pain and my siatic. All 3 of my pregnancies have been so different. Something I'm experiencing now that I did with my other 2 is my kids must have a huge growth spurt between month 5 and 6 with all my pregnancies this is when I have my big weight jump. With my 1st I gained 12lbs in that month then evened out (only gained 28 the whole pregnancy) with my daughter I gained 8 that month (30 total) and now this one I've gained like 8lbs in a week so I'm up to 9 total. I know they'll say something to me today at my appointment that it was too many for one month but I seriously can't explain it lol

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? Other people thinking they know what's best for my kids. Also as a teacher my biggest pet peeve is parents that think they're kid is always right.

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? Cooking if I were really good at it maybe I'd do it more often!

• How far along are you? 22+4

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Heartburn, sciatic pain and tailbone pain.  Not sure if the last is pregnancy related but it happened in my first pregnancy.  Had it after that pregnancy as well but I'm going to blame it on that.  If i sit for longer than 10 minutes on anything remotely hard my tailbone kills me.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents) Backing away from this since it's not UO Thursday....

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? A second language for sure

@cssme13 - You totally can build your own furniture!  Check out Ana White's website, she has super easy to follow instructions.  I had never touched a drill or saw before and built a coffee table and console table using her plans.  

• @abmommy15 that's where I have found all the plans that I love! DH thinks I am a total crazy though and I worry about messing everything up. Glad to "hear" from a real person that they are easy to follow, I may just take the plunge and go for it.

• @cssme13 start with a smaller project like an end table so you can make mistakes and learn without wasting a ton of wood and materials.  My H also thought I was nuts but he loved the end result.   
  • @abmommy15 did you do any pocket holes? The table I want to build has plans with pocket holes and without but the one with pocket holes is said to take less time and cuts but I can't decide if spending the money for the kreg jig would be worth it.

• How far along are you? 18+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Just some hip and lower back discomfort and still peeing every ten seconds.  This is pretty on par with my pregnancy last time.  Also, my skin is disgusting.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I bought a double stroller on Craigslist last week and now I feel like I'm done prepping for this baby, lol.  I know there is still a lot to do but I guess the stroller was my biggest to-do and everything else will fall into place.

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents)  Time management.  I miss being able to make my own schedule.  I love what I do professionally and I've been thinking of going back to work but I'm struggling to figure out the way the pieces will fit together.

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why?  Time travel?  That's help me with my problem above!  Seriously though, I wish I were better about prepping meals ahead of time so that making dinner wasn't so annoying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LuLiLaEv @Clio oh I'm totally that mom. I count to 3 with my 20 month old son and for some reason he's terrified of 3 and time out. I'll threaten time out (although he's never been) and he shapes up real quick. I'm sure things happen at 3 with other moms but for right now I'm rolling with it  :D
  • How far along are you?

21w4d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy?

Just extreme pelvic discomfort. So, nothing new. Starting to feel definitive movement every day, although it's still sporadic and unreliable.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Nothing today.

Honestly? Not really any. I guess if I really thought about it, it probably would be the guilt. I think all parents feel some amount of guilt about pretty much everything. "Am I playing with him enough?", "Am I feeding him right?", "Will he still think I love him enough after his siblings come?" I hate feeling guilty over things that I shouldn't feel guilty over. It's an emotional drain that unfortunately comes with being a parent.

Better language fluency. Or maybe being able to play an instrument. I speak French with conversational fluency, have basic understanding of Spanish, and understand and speak rudimentary German, but I do wish I was better at all of them. And I'm abysmal with all things musical. Miserably tone deaf and useless with anything other than a basic drum beat. I wish I knew how to play the violin or fiddle.

Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ktewart I don't believe in tone deaf ;). With the right music teacher, you'd surprise yourself!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yellow1daisy Six times??? :o  Your poor thing!
  • How far along are you? 22+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Not too much  heartburn is chilling out, and if I have insomnia I don't realize it as I'm still taking unisom (I NEED my sleep to keep up with my 2 and 3 year olds!)

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have a headache  acetaminophen is a joke for me - grrrrr

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? I hate asking others to watch my kiddos, like DH has a banquet to attend (he coaches basketball), and I've been invited to come along. I'd LOVE to go, but hate asking my ILs to babysit.

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I wish I was a good hair do-er. Like, I'd like to know how to French braid, or do super cute things with DDs hair, but I suck and she's 2 and won't sit still for very long, so it's just regular pigtails for her. 

married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• How far along are you? 21+6

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Mainly just tired (from chasing a 1.5 year old all day) and feeling extra huge. My motivation around the house is so much better but is nonexistent for other things. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I've been seeing a new chiropractor which has been great. But since he's started, my back pain is out of control. 

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents) The lack of freedom is the hardest thing about being a parent to me. I miss the days of going shopping when I wanted and taking a bath just because I felt like it after dinner. As far as other parents, I hate all the judgment. In the PNW, I'm constantly judged for my "southern parenting" and I can't stand it. 

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I would be amazing with money. I'm so jealous of people that are extra frugal and are great with investments. 

• @cssme13 the Kreg Jig is 100% worth it.  I only have the Kreg Jig mini which is super cheap but kind of a pain and I still love it.  Planning on getting the full sized one when I start my next project.  
  • How far along are you?

19 weeks

still just tired. overall i think i'm feeling better compared to my last pregnancy but it could be because I just know what to expect? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

nothing. just cannot wait till my anatomy scan next tuesday

biggest pet peeve about parenting: not as much flexibility, not enough time in the day!

biggest pet peeve re: parents: sanctimonious and smug parents 

Public speaking, maybe? 

Edit:clarify

• How far along are you? 20w3d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Finally getting some energy back, but still wishing for a desire to cook.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I'm still on cloud nine from finding out we're having a girl yesterday.  My mother already ordered the bedding lol.

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents)  i have a "friend" whose daughter is a month older than my son, and she would always make judgy comments.  I would say I wanted to go shopping at the outlets with her (something we always did pre-baby) to get DS some more sweatpants, it it would be, "Oh, really...do you dress him in sweatpants a lot?"  Well, yes, he's a boy, and they're comfy and easier for the sitter when she has to change him.  "You sure let the sitter make a lot of parenting choices for you."  No, I listen to the advice and comments made by a woman who has been caring for children for 30 years. "You let him drink out of a bottle still?"  Yes at 10 months old, while I'm caring for my hubby who just had a stroke, the sippy cup is the least of my concerns."  Always stuff like that...questions that seem ordinary until you think about them, and realize how much judgement there is.

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why?  I am torn.  I can crochet pretty well, but never learned to knit, so that would be cool.  I'm another one who is tone deaf, so I would love to learn to sing. @OperaSingerMommy You have never heard me try lol.

Re: cooking...I was very unskilled an thought I needed lessons, but they weren't easy to come by near me.  So I started doing the HomeChef meals, and I have gotten a LOT better. (That is, when I'm not pregnant and can stand the smell of food cooking...)

Re: counting.  I would count down from 5 for DS all the time this past year and a half.  It's a technique I learned in my education classes.  Children need learn to listen to directions, just like they learn every other skill.  It's a way of teaching expectations.  The countdown techniques shows them early on that when mom/dad asks you to do something, they mean it.  The consequence is typically a time out.  When we first started I would say something in between each number to teach him why I was counting, and what the consequence would be for not listening.  It works very well, and now I hardly ever have to go there.

• clioclio member
    @nktrodden826 @chiquita928 Dude, I had no idea that the counting technique actually works! I'm open to anything that helps wrangle an unwieldy toddler- if I ever try it I will report back.
  • @clio I think if there is NO consequence for getting to the end number, then it's pointless.  It's also important that kids know what action is expected, what the consequence will be, and are reminded of it during the count (especially young ones) in the beginning of implementing the practice.  I found counting down to be more effective than counting up.
  • @abmommy15 i was wondering if the mini would be too much of a pain but glad to see it's not too bad.I convinced my dad to come help me when we finally move into our house so hopefully we can get the table built, he's pretty handy. 

• @chiquita928 That makes a lot of sense and is really interesting! I guess I should have specified it annoys me when no consequence is given when they get to 3. Like the parents I'm thinking of start counting again. Like what are you doing?! 

• @cssme13 - I built a learning tower from Ana White's instructions- easy to follow, I got a kreg jig from lowes for $20. Worth it. If you already have the rest of the tools you need, it's not terribly hard to build furniture. I've done some light wood working before, and then built the learning tower 4 years ago and it is still going strong! I love it. My husband took a furniture building class, so he's much better than I am- but if there is a plan, it's easy enough to follow (DH makes his own designs, i'm not on that level). 

How far along are you?

21w+1d

I'm having PTL, which I had with DD but not this early. Starting progesterone to stop it and keep my cervix strong.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Progesterone is stupid expensive. Like, ~$200 a week stupid expensive. 

My biggest pet peeve about being a parent is people automatically assume that means you are good with kids and like spending time with kids. No, I only like my own kids- please don't hand me your baby. 

I'd love/kill to be fluent in Spanish, especially since I moved to Texas. 

Oh, I'd also like to have rhythm and be able to dance- like any kind. I'd even settle for being able to tap my foot on time to the music. I mean, I dance... just not well by any standard LOL

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Re: counting.....I will have to say it doesn't work with all children. Only 1 of my 3 ever listened to me when I started counting. My oldest just thought I was joking apparently (even with the consequences) because he would always laugh when I started. My youngest would start crying. I learned it was so he could get out of doing what I asked and not get punished for not doing it. Had to learn other ways to get him to do things. My middle all I had to do was ask him to do something, wait, say his full name while repeating task then say 1 and he'd do it. Not sure why it worked for middle child and not youngest.

How far along are you? 18+4

Just exhaustion still. Lucky for nothing else to be consistent enough for me to be frustrated yet.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

none

Being judged for being a strict parent. Both my husband & I are. Even from our parents who we thought were super strict compared to our friends' parents we are told we're too strict. Let me parent the way I want to as long as I'm not endangering my children.

Hmmm...Calligraphy. I've always loved the style of writing but never had the patience. I had a sunday school teacher who used it all the time.

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Counting definitely doesn't work for all kids. With my son as soon as I say 1 he does what he's supposed to. With my daughter if I say 1 she just says 2 and giggles. We've found other ways to get her to do what she's supposed to but the counting definitely works for my son.

• Yikes, @cheriep get a new chiro!! You most definitely shouldn't be feeling worse!

LOL, I found myself counting to three yesterday with DS, and I felt so stupid and he looked so confused. Not trying that again without a plan

@chiquita928 ew, your judgy friend sounds awful!

How far along are you?

22+4

Regular stuff for pregnancy. Numbness in my right elbow and wrist sometimes. Feeling pretty good overall. Been lucky in both pregnancies so far.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I have the world's greatest boss. It's been a tough week, and whenever I call her, she always has my back 1000%. I've worked for her for 8 years and would never change jobs as long as she's around. 

I hate early wake ups, and I hate myself for still not being able to embrace them after 21 months. Most days I can smile. Yesterday I was rude to my toddler and felt like such an asshole. 

I wish I was handy. Would love to be able to do home repairs and installations. Would save us so much money.

• How far along are you? 18 weeks and 3 days

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? This pregnancy has been soooo much harder than with my other 2 kids. I was fortunate and never got sick with them but this time around the constant nausea/vomiting has been a real struggle. Hoping it goes away soon because it definitely makes it hard to enjoy sometimes.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Im really excited about having another boy especially since my son and this baby will only be 21 months apart. Although I know it will be hard

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents) Its hard... I would never change anything but man I'm exhausted all the time lol. The contant worry takes a toll on you but its definitely worth every second.

I do have to admit that I count with my daughter but she's terrified of being in trouble so I only have to get to 2 and she stops what shes doing and says "stop counting!" It works for her and I rarely have to get to that point. It used to drive me crazy when my friends would do it with their kids but I get it now. 

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I have always wanted to play the piano. I feel like I missed my opportunity as a kid and now regret not learning.

• How far along are you? Tomorrow will be 20!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I don't know if I have any right now. I'm eating a lot, which is similar to last time. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? DD is sick and we have not had one night of sleep since Sunday. DH and I are running on fumes and I feel so bad for DD as she is coughing all night long. At 17 months old, I doubt I can give her cough medicine. 

What is your biggest pet peeve about being a parent? (Or maybe I should say about parents) when other parents enjoy your misery. Like when she's sick or throwing a fit or ruining our apartment, my friends snicker like ha ha it's finally our turn to struggle. First of all, I don't mind the tougher things and secondly, I would never wish for people I love to have a hard time with their kids or suffer through illnesses. 

GTKY: If you could master one skill you don't have right now, what would it be and why? I need to become an illustrator! I write a lot of rhymes and books for DD and I want to draw them and print through shutterfly. I can draw, but it takes me months to get one page and it's only mediocre. I'll never be done in this rate. 

Pregnancy Ticker