August 2017 Moms

Placenta Previa?

i an considered high risk due to my Sjogrens Syndrome, clotting factor and history of premature birth. I went in for my appt today and they told me my placenta is only 2cm from my cervix. They said it isn't complete previa but they want to keep a close eye on it. They said it can put extra pressure and cause shortening of my cervix leading to another premature birth. They say usually it moves up as your uterus grows so I'm hopeful. I had a low lying placenta with my daughter but not that low. Has anyone had anything similar? Did yours move up? 

Re: Placenta Previa?

• My best friend had placenta previa at her anatomy scan. Her cervix was partially covered and she was told to expect a C-section. At her follow up US at 32(ish?) weeks her uterus grew enough that the placenta no longer covered or even came close to her cervix. Did your OB/MFM give you a plan for when you'll be checked again for placenta previa? 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• I was diagnosed with a low lying placenta at my anatomy scan with DS, but in a month it had moved up. My sister is due next week and had the same issue. Irony of ironies, I did wind up with a c section because the little turkey flipped into breech position at 37 weeks. As more of us have anatomy scans, probably more people will have this diagnosis. Try not to panic, there is still plenty of time for it to move up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I am checked every 2 weeks 
  • I have placenta previa. It has moved a little and she said it is now only covering my cervix a little bit as I expand it should continue to move up. So for now they aren't really concerned just keeping an eye on it. If it doesn't move I'll just have to have a C-Section.
  • I had a partial previa with my first.  It showed up at 20 weeks, but by my follow up scan at 26 weeks, it had moved so far up, they didn't even need to measure it.   Try not to borrow trouble just yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• I've had two cousins with full placenta previa. They both had C-Sections and bed rest, but both of them did perfectly and have beautiful healthy babies!
  • I had complete previa with my first. I ended up on partial bed rest and having appointments/scans every two weeks to see if the placenta had moved and make sure I wasn't bleeding. I ended up having a c-section at 37 weeks since my placenta never moved. I know a few people whose placentas did move out of the way, and that they were able to have a natural birth. My mom included. :)
    6.1.10 -- Natural MC @ 6wks 3.17.11 -- BFP, born 11.8.11