August 2017 Moms

When is the earliest ultra sound gender determination?

when is the earliest you could find out via ultra sound? With accuracy, obviously. I'm waiting until 20 week 2 days, but just curious.... would love to know sooner but can't really afford an out of pocket u/S right now. 

Re: When is the earliest ultra sound gender determination?

• 15 weeks... my family has done it with all the grand kids and all have been right 
  • edited February 2017
    A quick google search turned up 14-15 weeks. I'm considering having an elective ultrasound to find out the sex this time (previous genetic testing came back as invalid). I priced them yesterday in my area, and found them to be more affordable than I originally thought. The basic sex determination package was $89, and that included pictures & a DVD recording of the session set to music. 

edit because I can't even English today...
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor offers it at 16 weeks for only $30!
  • My doctors office won't do it until 16 weeks. For us, it's $60 out of pocket.
  • Are you AMA?  Then the blood test might be covered to reveal gender
  • This is great to know, I'm going to google places. I'll be 16 weeks in a few days so may see if I can get my husband on board to find out earlier. I'm not AMA but have heard you can find out on a blood test if you are which is pretty awesome. 
  • All the elective places here won't do it before 16 weeks because before then they can't be certain.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited February 2017
    We found out the gender at 12 weeks during our NT scan!

ETA lurker from July! 
  • We found out with this baby and my daughter at 15 weeks at an elective U/S studio. It cost $90. 
  • I am going to a place that does them as early as 14 weeks.  I'm a little nervous about the accuracy, but one day a month the price is cut in half and I want to know before the JBF sale here. Priorities. 
  • I find out this Tuesday at 15 weeks. It's only $75 at this studio. I've been there before, and it's a wonderful experience.
  • it cost $70 for the basic gender reveal package at a boutique ultrasound place, they can do it as early as 15 weeks. I did it with my first and will be doing it again with this baby. my appointment is next Saturday! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The elective place around me says 13 weeks! We found out at 14 weeks. 
    H & I: Both 28
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1: June 2016
    BFP: 11-24-16 ~ EDD 8-9-17
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are any of you guys going back to get 3 and 4D shots closer to 30 weeks to see the baby's face and stuff? We waited for sex with DS til 20 weeks but did a 3D session at like 28 and it was amazing!!! I'm thinking of doing that again this time. They did the sex for this baby as part of our NIPT tests but we aren't going to find out this this next weekend I think. Im actually kind of freaked out to find out. It makes it all so much more real. 
  • I found out through a blood test, but it was easily confirmed via ultrasound at 13 weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @dmbfan46835 I did that last time at 31 weeks! It was amazing! I probably won't this time because it is a three hour drive. Also second baby problems..everything was more exciting the first time. 
  • @LivLew it was for us. Both my sister's were as well 
  • @livlew my husband thinks their creepy too.  I really want to know what I'm having, so we may go to a place but we don't see anything this Friday at our regular appointment.
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @brookedeyo lol! I totally get second baby problems! DH thinks its unfair to do it for one baby and not the other. Like this ones going to care that they didn't get the same Ultrasound? Pretty silly. He also wants to do another big sex reveal with his family.  I had to shut that shit down. I love being able to get a sneak peek of how they look. It's totally not creepy when they are that far along and don't look like lord Voldemort anymore! 
  • @LivLew, if you tell your ultrasound tech that you don't want to know the sex, she will just have you cover your eyes while she's looking at that area. You will get the see everything else during the scan... it's maybe 90 seconds total of not looking. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• @dmbfan46835 We did the 3rd trimester 3D ultrasound with Noah, but we didn't get to see his face (they even had us come back the next day to try again), so it wasn't a great experience. We haven't done it with any other baby. 
  • Are any of you guys going back to get 3 and 4D shots closer to 30 weeks to see the baby's face and stuff? We waited for sex with DS til 20 weeks but did a 3D session at like 28 and it was amazing!!! I'm thinking of doing that again this time. They did the sex for this baby as part of our NIPT tests but we aren't going to find out this this next weekend I think. Im actually kind of freaked out to find out. It makes it all so much more real. 
    I bought a package of three 3d/4d ultrasounds at my boutique place. I had one just now at 22 weeks (I already knew his gender), will have the next at 27 weeks, and then 31 or 32 weeks. They don't recommend after that because everything is so squished! There was a decent discount for paying for all 3 together. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Ours was $50 for a DVD and CD. They said as early as 13 weeks. We went at 14 weeks. I don't know if they were correct but she said 100% positive it's a boy. So I'll find out at my Dr appt on March 20th
  • edited February 2017
    i loved being able to fall in love with my son's face before meeting him. 3D ultrasounds are not creepy at all to me. I felt more in love with the baby inside me afterwards. 

Edit: pic from first pregnancy in 2013
  • @brookedeyo and @glitterfish look at your humans! Omg! Yeah, def doing the 30ish week U/S again now. I love seeing these faces!!  <3
  • We actually just found out our twins are boys at my 14 week ultrasound last week. I was shocked you could tell that early but there was no mistaking it. 
    ~Megan~ Anniversary IAmPregnant Ticker
  • The earliest I've ever had one done was 16 weeks.  It was clearly visible at that point, though I did always have that what-if nagging that it could have been wrong since I normally wait until the 20 weeks one...but nope, the birth confirmed it was accurate.
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Went to my elective US this past weekend and they do it after 15 weeks and cost $60.00.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to a ultrasound place and they say as early as 13 weeks. At 14 weeks they said boy. My anatomy scan is not until March 20 so it will be interested to see if they were right. 
  • I'm not in a hurry to find out the gender so I'm planning on waiting for the AS at 20 weeks to find it, but I loved my 3D ultra sound and plan on getting that again. My little guy was sleepy and yawning and pushing the wand away, it was so cute! I felt like it was a hour of getting to know my baby and seeing his little personally before he was born.