May 2017 Moms

Possible Growth Restriction/Skeletal Dysplasia UPDATE

hp_mommahp_momma member
edited February 2017 in May 2017 Moms
I've briefly mentioned this is my weekly ticker change check in, but I feel like I need a place to document/vent/get things out. Things may possibly change or update between now and delivery so I figured it would be best to keep it all in one place instead of bogging down the Randoms/questions thread. This is going to get long but there is a lot of background info to catch up on. Kudos if you read the whole thing!

Our LO is being monitored for possible IUGR or skeletal dysplasia. We don't have an official diagnosis and most likely will not until delivery. 

Back in December we were informed that my Quad Screen results came back with an increased risk for possible Down Syndrome. MFM doctor ordered cell-free DNA testing to get an additional result before our anatomy scan. Cell-free DNA results came back all normal and we thought everything was in the clear. At our anatomy scan with MFM doctor, he noticed that the long bones were measuring small (8th percentile) but there were no other markers for Downs. Because of the small long bones and positive results on Quad screen, it could be issues with the EDD, IUGR or skeletal dysplasia. Baby looked great and healthy otherwise. We declined an amnio. 

Three weeks ago we had another ultrasound and long bones were continuing to measure small, but no decline in growth and following along the 8th percentile. Babies chest was measuring around 25% and head measuring 35%. These were important numbers as an extremely small chest measurement could indicate a lethal form of skeletal dysplasia and a very large head would more likely point to skeletal dysplasia such as dwarfism. So from this ultrasound it looked like skeletal dysplasia was still possible, but IUGR was still on the table as it looked like LO was measuring small overall. 

As of now, the plan is to monitor with growth ultrasounds every three weeks to see if LO is continuing on the same trend. Once we hit 32 wks I will start NST twice weekly with the possibility of delivery if anything concerning were to come up. DH is getting ready to be out of town until I'm 34 wks so I'm a little stressed about that. More than likely we will deliver between 38-39wks as long as things continue as they are. 

Tomorrow I have another growth ultrasound, so I'm starting to stress again to see how LO is growing. 
Married 03.09.09
Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
Little Brother Due 05.22.17

Re: Possible Growth Restriction/Skeletal Dysplasia UPDATE

• @hp_momma I'm sorry you're going through this. That must be stressful and scary, not knowing exactly what's going on. Sending lots of positive vibes your way for a healthy baby. Please keep us updated!
  • Oh I'm so sorry, that has got to be so stressful!  I'm glad it sounds like you've got a good medical team together who can help monitor Baby! I'll add you guys to my prayer list. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hp_momma Huge hugs. The unknowns are so hard to deal with. I'm rooting for your LO to pass the growth ultrasounds with flying colors and just be a peanut rather than have something extra going on. Will be thinking about you tomorrow! Update us when you can. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Oh, that sounds so stressful. I think not knowing what's going on during a pregnancy is one of the most unsettling feelings. Thanks for sharing--I will keep you and that sweet baby in my thoughts. It sounds promising that the critical measurements aren't coming in really small. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I had no idea this was going on, I'm really sorry to hear that. It sounds stressful and super sucky. 

You are really at one of the best hospitals though, it's one of the three places I would want to be in the same situation. 

Hoping for the best and you just have a peanut baby screwing with you. Kids are tricky like that. I'm glad you shared though, keep us in the loop. 

May '17 labor memes
  • The unknown must be so stressful. I'll be rooting for all of you and keeping you in my thoughts. Fingers crossed babe is just tiny, but it sounds like you have a good team on top of things just in case. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Good luck at your appointment tomorrow, @hp_momma! I hope that you get good news. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Glad to hear you've got some great MFMs where you are. And don't hesitate to let this stuff out here - goodness knows it can be challenging to keep rehashing with SOs, family, etc (or even just breaking he initial news) and this is a safe place to ease that burden. <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I remember you mentioning the long bones measurement before. Knowing that you have a plan in place, with growth checks along the way, will hopefully keep your mind settled and peaceful and unstressed. Thank you for sharing your story and I'm glad that writing it out provides some comfort. Sending you good vibes and happy thoughts!
  • I can't imagine how stressful that would be. I hope everything turns out well and you have a healthy baby. Good to hear that you have a team of trusted professionals. Having a baby is one of the best times in life but also one of the scariest .
  • Sending thoughts and prayers your way! It must be so hard to not know what's going on. I hope the growth scans continue to show the same measurements or better. 
  • @hp_momma I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers to you tonight to get some peace and rest and the same for your scan tomorrow.  Please post an update whenever you're ready.  
  • Hoping you get good news tomorrow! I will be thinking about you!
  • pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited February 2017
    Sending positive thoughts for a good appointment tomorrow. The unknown is so hard, but at the least you can prepare for any scenario. I'm glad you have a great plan set in place for you and baby!

• Sorry to hear you're going through this. Fingers crossed that your appointment goes well tomorrow.

• Sending positive thoughts! It sounds like you're in good hands with a solid plan in place. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Big hugs & prayers girl.
  • Glad you started this thread to share. I remember the early on story but have missed the bone growth issue as of late. So stressful for you but keep your head up and hope for the best. I'll be praying for you and LO. 
  • edited February 2017
    Lurker from June.   Hugs to you.  I'm so glad you're getting good care in a military hospital.  May I ask which one?  I've been in the Navy for 16 years now and always value hearing when someone is getting good care.  

Edited for autocorrect. 
  • I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you can get through the stress of the unknown. Hugs
  • Wearmi1 said:
    Lurker from June.   Hugs to you.  I'm so glad you're getting good care though in a military hospital.  May I ask which one?  I've been in the Navy for 16 years now and always value hearing when someone is getting good care.  
    I've actually been lurking on your story for awhile now! I remember seeing from your previous posts you had mentioned being seen at Seattle Children's and your military affiliation so it peaked my interest to follow along because we are just south of you at Lewis-McChord. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @WombThereItIs Yes I'm very thankful to be here over other options. We all know the bad reputations some military hospitals can get and to know I'm at this one does ease some stress! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Thinking of you and hoping your appointment goes well tomorrow. Glad it sound like you are in a good hospital to handle your case! Please keep us all updated as you go along! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm sorry you've been dealing with this and have all this stress on you. My friend had a similar situation as you but the little guys about 2 years old and they still don't know what type of dwarfism he has. I'm glad they found this early so you guys can prepare and monitor. My thoughts are with you
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Sounds like a good monitoring is in place. Thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hp_momma I'm glad you're getting good care at jblm. I'm only seen out in town for all of my care.  I wish you nothing but the best with your little one.  I've been through a lot with my pregnancy and the uncertainty of all the issues I've been faced with.  I know exactly what you're feeling!  Keep your head up and stay positive!   
  • I'm so sorry to hear you've been dealing with this and I agree the unknown is so stressful. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow and I'll be sending good thoughts your way!
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with the uncertainty of this. T&Ps to you. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this, I couldn't imagine dealing with those types of unknowns. T&Ps to you guys I'm sure this has got to be nerve wrecking.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thinking of you! Fx for you and your family. 
  • T&Ps for a good appointment! Sorry you have to deal with this uncertainty.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Sorry to hear that you're going through this. But I'm glad that you're in a place with really good care! Sending good vibes for a positive appointment today!
  • So sorry you're going through this. I hope your appointment goes well today.  You're in my T&Ps!

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Good luck at your appointment today!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thinking about you this AM! 
  • I can't imagine how stressful this is for you, but it sounds like you have a great support system at home (and here) as well as a great team of doctors! Dealing with the unknown in any situation is the worst!! Sending all of the positive vibes your way! Hope all goes well at your appointment today! :) 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • I'm sorry and cannot imagine how stressful this must be. Thank you for keeping us updated. My thoughts are with you. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Oh, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this :( Really hoping everything is A-ok!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry