March 2017 Moms

My disney baby is here! *8 update

disneybaby84disneybaby84 member
edited February 2017 in March 2017 Moms
Wednesday at 1:30 am, which is exactly 39 weeks for me, my water broke like a gushing river. I got mild cramping contractions at 2:30 am. We got to the hospital at 4:00 am. I labored for 33 hours, all natural. At one point, during labor the on call doctor showed up and threatened an epidural and a C section if I didn't progress. Somehow I got out of that, not sure how, things got a little surreal after a while, like I was having an out of body experience. Baby Paul Phillip was born Thursday Feb 23rd, at 10: 25 am. He weighed 9lbs. 1 oz, 23 inches long. My doctor at the last appointment, estimated a 7 lb baby. Unfortunately,because I labored so long with brken waters, baby Paul got exposed to meconium, and he was having difficulty breathing. He got admitted to the Nicu, they did a chest x ray and found he has pulmonary hypertension and a heart murmur. They doing tests on him to see if he improves and giving him some medicine. So, therefore pictures are coming once I get more than a few minutes with him.

Spoke with some of baby Paul's doctors today, got more information and news.  The heart murmur is gone, it was the distress of a long labor. His lungs are clearing up. New news is that they are concerned about his adrenal gland working properly and need to do some testing to determine if it is a problem. Based on how the results come back, he might need a little bit of steroids or steroids for the rest of his life. He'll definitely be here another week.

Re: My disney baby is here! *8 update

• Congratulations @disneybaby84!!! I'm glad you got the med-free birth you wanted and weren't forced into a c section! Fingers crossed for baby Paul to have good test results! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of baby Paul. Hope he's feeling better and going home soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations @disneybaby84! Way to go laboring so long for the birth experience you hoped for!
    And I can relate to what you said about the out of body experience.

Awesome job mama!
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats!!!  Can't wait to see pics!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Congratulations mama!!! I'm so glad you were able to get the birth you wanted and avoid the c-section! Can't wait to meet little Paul! Prayers he can escape the NICU really quick! 
  • Congratulations !
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Congratulations!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations mama! I hope he is doing better very soon so you can snuggle with him!  Amazing job, 33 hours, hope you're recovered soon as well!! 
  • Congrats 
  • Congrats @disneybaby84 I'm so happy for you and so impressed by your endurance & strength!!! Sending prayers that he'll be doing better very soon!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations @disneybaby84! So glad you got the birth experience you hoped for. I hope Paul gets out of the nicu very soon! Can't wait to see him :)
  • Congratulations! 33 hours! You are amazing!

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats!!! Amazing props to you on a long natural labor! Hope little man can escape the NICU soon.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Congratulations to you and your family! Hope Paul gets out of the NICU ASAP! 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • Congratulations! Thoughts and prayers with you and your little one!
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Congratulations!! Hope you're both doing well! 
  • Congrats @disneybaby84!! I hope Paul's NICU time is short and you're doing well! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congratulations on baby Paul and 33 hours pain med free! Praying for a quick time in the NICU. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Congratulations!!! I hope you can snuggle him 24/7 soon :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Holy wow lady!!! 33 hours in labor officially holds the record for MBM, or "most badass Mother" in my book! Truly, well done! Prayers for your sweet son to be back with you soon and a speedy recovery for you both <3 
  • Congratulations!! I know having a nicu baby is hard - being away from your child in any way is heart breaking right after birth. I hope he has a short stay and is set free quickly so you can adjust to life at home with him. 

I feel like there's so many of us nicu moms we should start a support group! If you need to vent or cry feel free to PM me or let someone know. Nicu time is unlike anything else. Some days are great and some days are bad. You never know what days you take steps forward and what days you take steps back. Sometimes it's multiple steps in one day, other days it's like a snail crawl to the finish line. We decorated our sons isolet to help make it feel like he had more of a home in the nicu vs just an incubator. May help you too or not. It's just nice to have something to do for him when so much is out of your control and you're just wanting to bring him home. Prayers to you and your family. 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Congratulations!  Hope and prayers for baby Paul!
  • Congratulations! 33 hours with no meds. Phew! Way to power through that one mama! My little guy aspirated on vernix and was in the NICU for 2 days. They were also saying he may have a murmur and heart issues. Everything resolved on it's own and I'm sure little Paul will be just fine too. Hugs!
  • Congratulations!! I'm hoping little Paul only needs a short stay and that you can both be home soon! Praying for you!
  • Congratulations!! Hoping all his tests come back well and for a short nicu stay. Way to go on having your med free birth!! 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations!!!!

• Congratulations @disneybaby84!!! Praying that baby Paul's tests come back with positive news!
  • Congratulations @disneybaby84!  Hoping Paul's NICU time is short, and you can take him home very soon.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Congrats! T&Ps for you and baby Paul. Hang in there!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Congratulations !!!! You did so great Momma!!! What a joy to have your little one here! Lifting baby Paul in prayer.... I also pray you are able to hold him close very very soon!!!!!
  • @disneybaby84 congratulations! You did such a great job!

It is so hard to have to accept that your birth plan/ after birth plan didn't turn out how you wanted it. The NICU is a scary place, but the doctors and nurses there are literally THE BEST in the entire world.

I know it's hard, but try to take care of yourself. Getting some rest will make it so much easier to deal with the pregnancy hormones and Nicu time!

Let me know if you want to talk!

@marshmallowfarts we should start a NICU group. I don't wish it on any March mama, but it could be a good resource if anyone else's LO needs NICU time!
  • Ahhhh congrats!!!!!

SaveSave
  • @disneybaby84 congratulations! You did such a great job!

It is so hard to have to accept that your birth plan/ after birth plan didn't turn out how you wanted it. The NICU is a scary place, but the doctors and nurses there are literally THE BEST in the entire world.

I know it's hard, but try to take care of yourself. Getting some rest will make it so much easier to deal with the pregnancy hormones and Nicu time!

Let me know if you want to talk!

@marshmallowfarts we should start a NICU group. I don't wish it on any March mama, but it could be a good resource if anyone else's LO needs NICU time!
    Day 33 in NICU for Alexa and Elena was released at 30 days...
    it has been a WILD ride. What a year... 
    NICU is hard... the ups. The downs... the finally seeing the light in the end of the tunnel... the anxiety and depression. All while we are moms are healing physically still. It doesn't get easier.... but routine is so important.... make friends... talk to other NICU moms, connect with ur nurses, bring ur baby clothes

ld love a NICU support group and try my best to update and connect as much as I have time for right now :) Elena is home but Alexa has to stay for a few more days we hope not longer 

SaveSave
  • Congrats!! Keep us updated on the results of the tests, glad the heart murmur cleared up
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker