3rd Trimester Check-in: Feb. 20 — The Bump
Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in: Feb. 20

pdbirdpdbird member
edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What kind of personality do you give your LO?  Do you think he or she will behave/act/look a certain way based on the way he or she is while you are still pregnant?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@yelllow22 EDD 3/1/17 with a little girl
@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/20/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy
@pdbird EDD 3/22/17 with a little boy
@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with a little girl
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with a little boy
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with a little boy
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with little boy
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy
@pnw12rn EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@cato99 EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl

Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in: Feb. 20

• We've survived another week ladies!

This is a busy week for me. I have an appointment today with an LC in town who does house visits. I have an NST tomorrow. I have a diabetes class on Wednesday. And another NST on Friday. It's gonna be a busy week, and it's going to continue until after the babies are born. Over the next four weeks I have 3 appointments, then 4 appointments, then 3 appointments, then 4 appointments. Then it's birth week. All but two are in Riverside (the hour drive away hospital). Luckily I have a great support system, so I'll likely only have to drive myself to one appointment each week.

I'll hopefully get done with the nursery this week and can post a pic of it! We set up two cribs in the nursery and one in our bedroom, and our kitty has already been exploring at least the one in our room. DH heard a strange noise in the middle of the night on Friday and found her in the crib! She lives here too, and lived here first, so I don't at all mind her exploring the baby stuff. I hope it makes her more comfortable for when they come home.

QOTW: I definitely feel like I've kinda got them figured out. I know C is going to be a wiggle worm since she moves around the most and A is likely to be shy/quiet/bullied one as she's been push up into my ribs by the other two. B I can't quite figure out since he has a placenta in front of him so I rarely feel him moving. I have a feeling he'll take after his daddy though: quiet and thoughtful, but very funny to those who know him well.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Hey ladies! I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. I had my first NST with this LO last Friday. He moved so much, they made me stay longer just so they could get a legit baseline with him. And they advised me I have a wiggle worm. I told them, "Tell me something I don't know". I go back again this Friday for another NST. On Wednesday, I have my nutrition appointment and this weekend I have my baby shower. Oh and on Thursday, we have the baby room being painted and I'm getting my hair cut (last time before baby). 

Today I had my six month dentist appointment and I had to ask to have my chair raised up midway through as I thought I was going to hurl. It was the worst feeling and haven't had nausea for some time now. And I was having a massive hot flash at the same time. I came home, put on some sweats, and just vegged on the couch until it passed.

QOTW: I can tell this LO is going to give me a run for my money. Although he is behaving exactly as my first DS did in the womb, and when he came out, he's been fine. Stubborn, but not unruly! He will be an Aries, which I can only imagine the dramatic flare he will have (like his mother and father ;) ). Three Aries and a Libra in a house is going to be crazy, silly, fun!
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
    AandDM2014
  • Loading the player...
  • @pdbird I had my dental appointment back in November....I think I would be with you at this point if they tried to shove all that stuff in my mouth- bleck!

We did an infant CPR class today....thought I was going to need CPR after as I was nearly dying/sweating to death after the compressions, but it was a good refresher! I have an appointment Wednesday (week 34) and then 2 weeks from now then it will be weekly. We had our maternity photos yesterday and I can't WAIT to see them!!! She showed me a few on the camera and they looked so cute!

I think LO is going to be a busy bee! She may also be a bit bossy- she seems to get real "kick-y" when I eat too much or my bladder is full like "hey that's my space your encroaching on!". So far she is more active during the day/evening than at night so I am kind of hoping she keeps that day/night schedule when she is on the outside. 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
    AandDM2014pdbirdyelllow22
  • 33 weeks for me tomorrow. I had an interview tonight with a pediatrician and have an ob apt Friday and then my shower is Saturday! I just picked up my bassinet today and am waiting for the store to call me to schedule the delivery of the crib. Once we get that installed we'll be able to put the finishing touches on the nursery. 

Qotw: I tell dh that little one is going to come out stretching. It feels like he is trying to stretch from my ribs to my pelvic bone to see how big he can make himself. I've also been playing different music to see what he reacts to. So far he doesn't seem to care for my singing so he's taking after dh in that regards haha. 

@aanddm2014 you're going to be so busy until those little ones come!

@pdbird I have a dental apt in a couple weeks that I may need to cancel. My nausea is starting to kick in so bad lately.  
    AandDM2014pdbird
  • Hi all! Can't believe it is so close.. I am 37 weeks on Wednesday. Had our last scheduled ultrasound/growth scan today. I have an NST and ob appt tomorrow where they will check to see if I am dilated. 

I'm not really sure what personality I would give my little guy. He definitely loves to eat.. Moves around so much when I am eating! 
    AandDM2014pdbird
  • Holy moly you do have busy weeks leading to your birth week @AandDM2014 but it'll make the weeks go fast!! I'm so thrilled those babies are still happily hanging out in your belly! How funny about your kitty! I have two and I thought for sure we'd find at least one of them curled up in the pram thats currently living in our dining room, but so far none of them have attempted to climb in. They have been acting a bit strange these last weeks since I've started getting everything ready. I'm a bit nervous about how they will act when the baby comes home, I think they'll both be fine just a little unsure and slightly more needy than usual.

@pdbird I too have a wiggle worm.. when I'm relaxing he doesn't stop moving about and letting me know he is in there! BABY SHOWER this weekend!! YAY! ha I'm excited for you, and for mine! That dentist visit sounds awful! Hopefully it was just the room and not the return of nausea! I had mine a couple of weeks ago and we had to keep stopping because my gums were bleeding so much. 

@2legbaby I'm getting short of breath just thinking about the effort you went through! hehe. I love that you think your LO will be bossy! 

@ale9687 you also have a baby shower this weekend!! I remember from last weeks thread that there were a couple this weekend, how exciting!! I think for me that it will help make it feel that little bit more real (although the kicking and squirming for the majority of the day also makes it feel real!) I'm sure LO will love your singing 

@kfras wow so close to due date!! Do you feel ready?
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

AandDM2014pdbird
  • I wanted to split my posts up so it didn't look like I was writing an essay!
    AFM 10 WEEKS TO GO!!!!
    I have my next appointment in 2 weeks, I'll be 32 weeks. It's just a general check up, then another ultrasound at 34 weeks. I've been having a few moments throughout the day where I need to stop and catch my breath and also remind myself to slow down, I sometimes forget I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I've also been getting a shooting pain every now and then (usually at work) in my left hip, I went to the chiro yesterday to have it fixed but it happened again at work today, I think it must be something to do with how I sometimes change direction quickly at work, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.
    As for my LO personality, I feel like he'll be quite an active little thing as he moves around and kicks me so often throughout the day! My mum saw the last US and reckoned he has hubby's nose.. I'm really interested to see what he looks like and if he comes out with a head full of hair like I did.  
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

pdbird
  • @ale9687 I have a feeling I'm going to be busy for the rest of my life!

@teriulbricht Yes, I do hope it makes the time go faster since I get to enjoy more uncomfortableness in my last few weeks than most people. I was putting away baby clothes and sorting diapers yesterday in their room and my kitty just jumped right up and over the side of the crib to check out what I was doing, lol! She's been super obsessed with me this entire pregnancy, but I think more so since the cribs went up. I'm sure she'll be scared at first, because she's used to just DH and me, but I'm hoping she'll adjust quickly and be a good big sister. Yay 10 weeks to go! How exciting! I hope they go by quickly and without incident!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

pdbirdteebric
  • pdbirdpdbird member
    edited February 2017
    Does anyone know if @NurseTMD85 had her little Delaney? I don't want to remove her prematurely from the list, but I haven't seen a post if she had the baby. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird considering she was last active over 5 weeks ago, I'd say it's safe to remove her.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• OK, thanks @AandDM2014 !

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi Everyone!

Had another shower this past weekend! Got A LOT of clothing. I don't think baby will wear most of it bc we just have so much! Not complaining though! Didn't get a lot on my registry, but that's the West Texas way - they think registry gifts are "impersonal" lol. So I received a lot of toys, clothes, decorations, and things that the experienced mamas recommend using. Very unique and special gifts!

I had my dentist appt yesterday. The whole office was in there asking me about my pregnancy lol. It was really sweet. I have had issues with my gums receding, so I was told that I might need a gum graft (similar to skin graft) if they don't fix themselves after baby. Anyone else have this problem?!

QOTW: This baby is gonna be feisty! Every time they check heartbeat, baby kicks doppler. Dances whenever we play music directly on my belly. Does cartwheels to wake me up promptly @ 6am every morning. Both hubby and I are very outgoing and a little wild, so I imagine we are gonna have a lot on our hands (karma?). I love this little bebe so much already!

@teriulbricht @AandDM2014 we have 3 kitties and one dog... excited to see how they respond to baby! Maybe I should let them explore nursery a little more. Hope your kitties become well adjusted to your LO(s)!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
    AandDM2014
  • @babylonghorn16 how amazing another shower! Your little one is going to be spoiled. Sorry to hear about your gums. My mom has worked for our dentist for 15 years, I'll be seeing the office staff at my shower on Saturday and can ask them any questions you may have on the graft. 
  • @AandDM2014 Hope your busy week is going great Can't wait to see the nursery!

@pdbird Glad you were able to make it through your dental appointment even though it was hard, it's worth it!  Btw, would you mind adding that I'm having a girl? It used to be on the he list but got lost at some point

@ale9687  Hope you have a lot of fun in your shower!

@babylonghorn16 Yay for another shower! I'm actually a Periodontist so gums are my specialty. Make sure you are doing a great job brushing/flossing, soft bristle toothbrush or electric one but gentle pressure. The most common effect of pregnancy on gums is swelling/bleeding, they become overly reactive to plaque accumulation. Let me know if you have questions, I can unofficially answer them  :#

I have my 39 week appointment tomorrow, l'm anxious to hear what my Dr. says! 

QOTW: I also feel like my baby is going to be a handful, I've actually wondered if there's really a correlation between how active they are inside the womb and their personality once they are born. She is super active late at night so I'm a little nervous lol! 

37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
    AandDM2014
  • 39 weeks @yelllow22! So exciting!  I hope they see some progress at your appointment! 
    I had an appointment today and baby is head down  (hopefully she will stay that way!) and they confirmed that I would only be allowed to go 1 week post due date before inducing. 

They gave me the option at my 36 wk visit (doing strep b swab) to check my cervix or not...I'm thinking hey your down there why not? Just thought it weird that it would be up to me?
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    AandDM2014
  • @2legbaby I've read a little about the cervix check, and you can opt out of it if you want. There is some research that shows it doesn't help anything. This may help: https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/labor-delivery/ask-labor-nurse/questioning-value-vaginal-exams-late-pregnancy
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• edited February 2017
    @ale9687 @yelllow22 y'all are so sweet! The dentist said the recession is due to my electric toothbrush - says I'm brushing too hard on the right side (i'm a lefty, so apparently people tend to brush too aggressively on the opposite side...). But I'm guessing the reason it's happening now (I've had the toothbrush for 3 years) is because of pregnancy. Joy!

@ale9687 the only questions I really have are about the pain (what should I expect?) and the aesthetics (affecting my right front tooth and the two following it... so will be very obvious if it looks unnatural). The recession isn't very noticeable as is, but I'm afraid it will worsen... and my teeth are starting to become very sensitive :(

I love being pregnant... but just gotta laugh at all the nasty side effects lol!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • I'm 29 weeks along today, and on my last day of our unofficial 'babymoon'.  We're just in a vacation house on the San Juan Islands (near Seattle) with some friends.  The couple we are with just had their first (unsuccessful) IUI, and we've had some great discussions about infertility and pregnancy and it has been a great trip.

I have my growth US next week, which we're pretty excited about.  So nice to unexpectedly see our girl one more time before we hold her in our arms!

As for the QOTW:  I really hope intrauterine activity doesn't correlate to post-birth baby activity!  At every visit and US since pretty early on, the techs or my OB have remarked on how very active she is.  She has a whole dance routine going in there sometimes--complete with a kickline and acrobatics.  My husband and I are very laid back, mellow people, so we're hoping that she is just getting all her wiggles out now and will be a quiet baby.  

The thing I think about is that my sister is actually in the process of doing an egg donation cycle for us in early March, for us to use for baby #2.  She has ADD and has been really hyperactive her whole life, so we know that's a possibility for baby #2.  We're hoping we get quiet baby #1, but I suppose if she remains a wiggle worm we'll just be that much more prepared when baby #2 comes!
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
    pdbird
  • @2legbaby  yay for being in position! , from what I know there's very high chances that she will stay like that

@babylonghorn16 I've had so many crazy side effects that I never heard of, it's insane! I sent you a pm about the graft
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
    babylonghorn16
  • Ughh my message got posted incomplete... here it goes again:

I had my 39 week appointment today with the Dr. I do like. They did an US and she is doing great, good amniotic fluid levels (the other Dr worried me because my belly was a little too small and she said I could be losing af). She is big, they estimated 8.8lbs!!! Those measurements are not exact and the Dr said they usually overestimate the size but she's still probably at least 8lbs. I'm happy because she is doing good but disappointed because I have ZERO progress  :(  , I'm not even inducible at this point. Between my lack of progress and her size, which is expected to continue increasing the Dr. said that my chances of needing a C-section are high.
    I have always been scared of vaginal births (especially after being first row for my sister's which was long and difficult) but I really set my mind to overcoming my fear and convincing myself that I can do this and now my body doesn't agree... We'll see what happens, at the end all that matters is that she is born healthy !

37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
    pdbirdAandDM2014
  • Hi all, 

I'm new to this board because I didn't get around to posting last week--I'm 29w2d, due 5/8 with a girl. Like many others here, this baby is BONKERS ACTIVE and the doctors have remarked on it; I especially liked when she kept kicking at the dr's doppler a month or two ago so he couldn't get an immediate heartbeat reading. It felt to me very Baby Punk Rock so I've been imagining her as a sort of 90s Riot Grrrl. 

For those of you who did a fetal echocardiogram, was it essentially a zoomed-in ultrasound and you got to see the whole baby as part of the procedure? I'm just trying to figure out whether it's worthwhile juggling my husband's schedule on top of my own when trying to get an appointment for it. If we get to see the baby that's awesome and worth the hassle, but if it's just a screen full of beeps and bloops I'll have him sit this one out!
  • Welcome @cato99 ! I will add your info to the feed. 

I had a fetal echocardiogram and my husband did not come to it. They just looked at the heart in depth (heart beat, counted the chambers, looked at the valves, etc). I actually fell asleep during it until they woke me up to tell me to lay on my side to get a better view of the heart. They also just listened to the heart for awhile. I'd wait to bring your DH to one that he can enjoy seeing the baby. My DH is coming to my last U/S next Tuesday for a size check. Then we will get to see some really good close up views of my LO.

BabyFetus Ticker
    cato99
  • @yelllow22  - I'm sorry to hear you haven't progressed. I too was in the same boat as you with my first LO and he was 8 days late. I was due 10/3/10 and I had never progressed even at 40 weeks. I was induced on 10/10/10 and had my DS on 10/11/10. He ended up weighing 9 lbs, 2 oz and was finally delivered c-section as he refused to turn downwards. But I got to experience both kind of births. I pushed for 4 hours straight and went through all the contractions, and then was rushed into emergency c-section. Believe it or not, I'm scared to have my water break at home with this LO. I'm hoping I make it to my scheduled c-section, but if he comes early I will deliver the good ol fashion way.

You got this! Mind over matter! It's like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @babylonghorn16 I reckon I have the same problem with clothing and I haven't even had my shower yet! I have been given so many hand me downs and then I've obviously purchased a few items here and there and this baby has more outfit options than me! I hope the gum recession fixes itself after pregnancy, is it possible for that to happen?

@2legbaby yay for head down! My LO was also head down at my last US, I'm pretty sure he has stayed that way since then, although I do feel like he has moved a little.

@PNW12RN glad you're enjoying your babymoon! I had the opportunity to discuss IVF and the like with my SIL who is currently undergoing IVF treatment. She had a failed first cycle and is currently on the BCP awaiting the start of the next one, which I really hope works. I've found it's nice to be able to share my experience with others to help them on their own journey.

@yelllow22 really hoping that you get to have your vaginal birth, but it's good that you know early on that it might not happen. You're right the healthy baby at the end of this process is all that we are hoping for. At what point will they opt for a c-section and not wait for your body to progress naturally? 

@cato99 welcome to the 3rd tri board! We're on the home stretch now!

@pdbird my sister had a c-section for her first for similar reasons and was scheduled to have a c-section for her second, but LO decided she wanted to come even earlier. They ended up doing a c-section for her second anyway. Have you spoken to anyone about what would happen if you do go into labour earlier than expected?
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @cato99 Welcome to the third trimester! I hadn't heard about the fetal echocardiogram, is there a specific reason why you are having it done?

@pdbird Hahaha it does feel like waiting for Christmas morning!  I would like to avoid having a long labor only to end up still with a C-section so I will see what they tell me next week, if they see progress and chances of vag delivery great but if it ends up having to be a C-section it will all be worth it when I hold her. Hope everything goes as planned for you, you are very close!

@teriulbricht I have an appointment next Tuesday, I think if at that point I am not dilated/effaced at all we may discuss the C-section, the Dr.'s concern is that she is on the big side and if we wait longer she will get even bigger and that would also play against me. We'll see! 
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • @teriulbricht  - I did talk to the doc about what would happen. He said I would deliver naturally unless there was an unforeseen emergency when I arrived at the hospital. He said if the baby came early, it would be small enough to deliver naturally. I'm prepared either way. I just don't want my water to break at home because of the mess and leaving it for my DH to clean it up. ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
    yelllow22
  • @yelllow22 sorry there wasn't more progress on your visit- that is a big baby in there! Hopefully next check up will be good, maybe go get a massage and ask them to work the pressure points that trigger natural induction (ankles). I was planning to visit my acupuncturist if things didn't progress on time- but just found out she broke her leg pretty bad and isn't working right now! 

Welcome to the third trimester @cato99 !

@pdbird I hope this L&D goes more smoothly for you this time-whether au natural or with the scheduled c-section!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    pdbird
  • oh @pdbird aren't you thoughtful hehe! I'm sure DH appreciates your thoughtfulness! 

Can you ladies tell me your experience with braxton hicks? FTM here and I'm not sure what to expect...
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

pdbird
  • @teriulbricht I'm pretty sure I experience these. I notice a sort of tightening in my tummy, and it gets harder than usual. It doesn't hurt, but it is weird. I find it more noticable when I go from sitting to standing, especially since my belly is getting so large (who am I kidding, it's been large for a while now!). I didn't start really noticing them until about 30-31 weeks.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @2legbaby The massage is a great idea, last time I had a prenatal massage the therapist talked to me about acupressure for induction and also my back has been killing me the last few days but I haven't been able to get it because of my work schedule.  I'm hoping next week I will be able to!

@teriulbricht I'm still trying to figure out if the tightening I feel in my belly is bh... sometimes I feel like it's the baby pushing in one spot which gets really hard, others it feels more like an overall painless but uncomfortable tightening on my belly. What confuses me is I can't seem to be able to time them, in my case the sensation lasts longer than it should according to what I've read
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • I've been admitted to L&D. I'm getting a round of steroids and hoping the babies wait until Monday to be born. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 - I have been checking 3rd tri to check on you and your littles. I hope they can hold off a bit longer but I'm sure they will be okay.  How far along are you now? Ill be praying and thinking of you.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

AandDM2014
  • Thinking of you @AandDM2014, been following you everywhere. Keep them inside til at least Monday, you've got this! xoxo

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

AandDM2014
  • @kelrauh I'm 33 weeks today. The doc is hoping I can go until next Sunday when I'll be 34+1. 

@tvh1982 thanks! I'll probably update more quickly on fb or insta. Hoping for another week, though being hospitalized that long is going to be pretty boring. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Thinking of you @AandDM2014 hope those little ones stay comfortable in there for a little while longer yet! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

AandDM2014
  • Hoping all goes well @AandDM2014 and that those LOs stay inside a little bit longer!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    AandDM2014
  • @AandDM2014 - hopefully they stay in there. I'm guessing you are on a floor much like me. The days pass quite fast for me, hopefully they do for you too! If family and friends come and visit it makes the days go by much faster.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

AandDM2014
  • @AandDM2014 sending prayers your way!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
    AandDM2014
  • @kelrauh I'm in the L&D department. If I have to stay on continuous monitoring I'll stay here for the duration. So far it's been pretty boring, but I'm relatively tired so don't really want to read or turn on the tv.

@yelllow22 thanks!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• As for the BH question, thanks for your responses @AandDM2014 and @yelllow22 that's what I've been feeling too and wasn't sure if it was BH. They describe it so differently and confusingly on websites and in the books. 
    We've (well DH) been painting the nursery these past few weekends, I can't wait to have it all set up. We pulled out th existing built-in wardrobe that was a gazillion years old and found that the floor underneath is raw timber and hasn't been varnished, so now we also need to sand back the room and we decided instead of a clear varnish we're going with a lime whitewash on the floors. We've always wanted to change the floor colour so why not start now? 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

AandDM2014yelllow22