August 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 2/20

How far along are you?

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FTM Check-In 2/20

• Options
    How far along are you?
    16 weeks 5 days
    Appointment on Wednesday to recheck my blood pressure. Doctor was worried about my blood pressure, so was having me take it at home over the past 2 weeks. I have white coat syndrome so of course it's high there and normal at home.
    Cravings?
    smoothies! Frozen yogurt!

Rants/raves?
    So sick of morning sickness. Scared it's going to last all pregnancy at this rate.
    Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Anyone else doing childbirth or infant care classes at some point?

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? 
    Havent bought anything yet. Planning on buying something small off of my Amazon registry to get the welcome box.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14 weeks 4 days

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Had one one friday, but not the best appointment. It was the first time meeting the OB. He was running late, which isn't a big deal, but once the appointment started, he was distracted, and we hear shouting from the room next door. He excused himself, and all we hear is a girl screaming and shouting how it's unfair, and we hear her hitting the walls.  The doctor kept coming back to our room, but nurses kept pulling him away. I'm not sure what was going on, but her tantrum impacted everyone else there, next appointment won't be till 3/13...at least we heard the heartbeat. 

Cravings? Nothing really, feel like I'm just more hungry. All the time! 

Rants/raves? See above appointments. Also, I feel some of my bloat is going away. Can't wait to see the come up!!! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? To all STMs - how were you feeling around 14-15 weeks? I'm feeling good, but worried with that the lack of symptoms and no real bump yet.... 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? I bought a couple of cute onesies and bib, babies first purchase! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    15+4

No doctor appts, but we are doing a gender scan Friday! We already know the gender from bloodwork, but we really just wanted to see her again now that she looks like a human and not a worm!!

Cravings?
    Not really, which really surprises me

Rants/raves?
    I am beyond over feeling nauseous all the time. Can it just go away already?! Also, I went to Destination Maternity on Saturday and spent wayyy too much money, but super excited to finally have maternity clothes!

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    I had a bunch of questions in my head yesterday, and naturally, I can't think of any of them right now!

I have not bought anything for her yet, but my mom has already bought her some shoes and a little keepsake box for all of her firsts (tooth, curl, etc).  My aunt got her a book, my friend got us a monogrammed onesie, and my cousin got her a little outfit.  Everytime I go in a store I want to buy her clothes, but I don't let myself bc I know we are going to get a ton at showers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+3

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Tomorrow!!

Cravings? not much at this point but still some aversions

Rants/raves? Working from home today bc my dog is sick and 10mins after DH leaves, I get sick. haven't had morning sickness in weeks, wth!

Questions for FTM, STM+? not this week 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? I bought a pink shark bathrobe/towel to help reveal gender to my DH. Otherwise our neighborhood has a kids freebox fb page, so I've gotten some free clothes, and watch for stuff on there. Looked at furniture yesterday, we'll order in the next month since we've been quoted 8-10weeks. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+4

Cravings? Still on the sweets. I ate this amazing crepe for brunch on Saturday- it was, for one thing, the size of a large burrito, and stuffed with bananas, strawberries, and nutella; then raspberry sauce and nutella were drizzled over it.  

Rants/raves? Still very tired. Yuck. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Did you do a birthing class, like Lamaze or anything? I heard there are several methods and you attend class in person for several weeks or there are online versions. I knew I'd sign up for classes at the hospital- like how to care for your newborn, child CPR, that sort of thing. But actual birthing methods- necessary?

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? The first thing have bought is a onesie with the logo of my all-time favorite band. They didn't sell them smaller than 18 months so Baby has plenty of time to grow into it. However, the first thing bought for my baby was the giraffe teething thing and some baby books, courtesy of my MIL. Now my own mother has told me she couldn't help herself at Target and got some adorable baby girl outfits. Oh, and MIL picked up another tiny newborn outfit. DH said, "I guess it's a good thing that I'll never have to buy my own kid anything." LOL. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    14+6

Last week, and it was underwhelming. Nothing this week, though I may hear back about Counsyl family prep and MaterniT21 screens.

Cravings?
    Food. Anything, but especially greens. I'm a little over carbs today.

Rants/raves?
    I'm so so so tired. It's my own fault. It doesn't make work this morning any easier.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    no, but @Kathryn0903, I'm not planning on those classes for a few months yet. I do wonder how far ahead they fill up though.

Yesterday, we walked around downtown and stopped at the bookstore, where we bought two books for the LO. And we did our first walk through of Babies R Us, and I've started a list/registry (on Amazon), so we're inching towards bigger purchases.
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 my hospital offers a childbirth class. I don't think it's any specific method, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 BP wise, I have high BP almost every time they take mine at first. They always re-do it since they know this about me. Some pointers (hopefully they've told you these) are to uncross your legs, take deep/calming breaths, and don't talk while they take the reading. 

@Kathryn0903 @DeansGirl14 we did birthing classes, new parent classes, breastfeeding, etc through our hospital. I found them helpful as it was more info to have in our arsenal. Our birthing class was more about relaxing techniques during labor and how DH could help. They also went through anticipating the best choice for mom and baby (vaginal or csection). I ended up with a csection. 

@jacksonbears whoa on that other lady!  Sorry you had a strange and unrelaxing appointment. At 15 weeks with both pregnancies I've felt pretty good (about when it changed for both). I just started showing now at almost 17 weeks. Try not to worry!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  Not til next Monday!

Cravings? Nothing serious.

Rants/raves? My appetite seems to have improved and my nausea has lessened (I should stop saying this because when I do, I always seems to get sick haha). I still don't have much energy. Everyone says that it comes back in the second tri and I'm still waiting!

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? I haven't bought anything for this baby yet. The first thing that we'll get pretty soon is wood for DH to start building the crib!
  • Options
    @bumpybump I have heard those pointers, but nothing seems to help. We have been recording my home BP so they know what it's like normally. I've had high BP my whole life every time I'm in a doctors office. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? // 13+6

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? // Had our first midwife appointment! We switched from our OB to a home birth midwifery practice. Love the type of care we're receiving: hour long appointments, at our house, whenever we want (this week was Saturday at 1pm)! 

Cravings? // Oreo's! 

Rants/raves? // Bloating is insane. I had issues with bloating before getting pregnant, and now it's just worse since there's less room in there. Last night I felt like my stomach was stretched to the max and I can't imagine what a 10-month belly will feel like! Also starting to get some low back pain. My belly is much bigger than I thought it would be at almost 14 weeks! I feel like I really popped last week.

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? // I went to H&M to get my first pair of maternity jeans, and browsed the baby section. HOLY CUTENESS. So I bought baby her first little cotton dress in blush. I almost bought everything they had.
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 so sorry you're struggling with your BP! We are definitely doing infant CPR, and will likely do a home study for hypnobirthing. I was trained in childbirth ed many years ago, so while we won't do that (because of my knowledge + our midwives), I definitely recommend it. It's a great way to prepare mentally for labor and know exactly what will happen with your body, that way there's less fear associated with the process and you can relax more since you know what to expect. They'll also likely focus on pain management (massage, water, breathing, etc) and those are great life skills haha.

@jacksonbears omg! I would've run for the hills if that happened!!! 

@NatSprat0703 I went to H&M and it was sooo hard not to buy all.the.things. Totally get it!

@DeansGirl14 we're doing hypnobirthing combined with the Bradley method. We're home birthing though, so having a plan for pain management is essential for us!
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    16 +2

Tomorrow!

Cravings?
    Have no cravings at this time, crazy last week it was sour candy, this week nothing!

Rants/raves?
    Having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes!!! 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Nope 

We bought a little blanket and classic winnie the pooh pluses for LO, my mom has already bought crib bedding, and my MIL bought books :) 
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    I'll be 16 weeks on Wednesday which absolutely blows my mind. 

Next appointment is next week. 

Cravings?
    doughnuts! I could eat them all day

Rants/raves?
    My skin is making me so depressed. I'm getting giant, painful cysts that are sticking around for weeks. Nothing helps them go away.  I don't even want to leave the house. I'm also still throwing up quite a bit. Sighhh

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Not at the moment 

Once we found out we are having a boy, I've gone a little crazy buying stuff. He has TONS of clothes (all different sizes) and I've also bought binkies, books, and some shoes. I really cannot help myself at all. All I do is look up baby stuff and want to buy everything! Lol
    H & I: Both 28
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1: June 2016
    BFP: 11-24-16 ~ EDD 8-9-17
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13w5d

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? none

Cravings? Sourdough toast with lots of butter!

Rants/raves? Finally, no more breast pain! They keep getting bigger, and I'm going to need a new set of bras. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? What are you doing/planning on doing with stroller if you have to go up stairs to get to your front door? All the travel systems (carseat + stroller) I've looked at are at least 30lbs, and reviews say it's difficult enough to get them in the car, so I don't know how I'll get up my outdoor steps to my apartment. 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? I was at a consignment store and I bought a stack of dinosaur onesies (of course, I couldn't resist). They were a quarter each, so if they don't fit LO, no big deal. 
  • Options
    @dinofreak is there a specific reason you want the stroller in your apartment?  Especially if you'll only use it down stairs or out and about?  We always kept the stroller in the trunk or back (Jeep) when not in use. We just carried DD inside/outside with the infant car seat carrier.

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    bumpybump said:
    @dinofreak is there a specific reason you want the stroller in your apartment?  Especially if you'll only use it down stairs or out and about?  We always kept the stroller in the trunk or back (Jeep) when not in use. We just carried DD inside/outside with the infant car seat carrier.
    We usually only have 1 car, and we have a covered porch outside our front door that is currently bike storage. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks!

Next week. Regular once a month appointment.

Cravings?
    Citrus fruits. I finally ate my way through the many bags of oranges and grapefruit on my counter.

Rants/raves?
    I've been zen af about this pregnancy, until last week when we told our parents. I think that it made it real, less abstract and now I'm having moments of getting panicky about everything continuing to go well. Processing everything ok usually, I talk it out with my H or sister when I get nervous. 

Pregnancy is a freaking emotional mine field. My heart goes out to all that are PGAL.  

Questions for FTM, STM+
    When did everyone start the conversation with their HR department to talk about maternity leave benefits? I'm leaning towards doing it soon because my company isn't based in my state and the HR dept is kinda a joke.

Did anyone have an excel spreadsheet set up for tracking? Leaning towards doing that or a one note notebook to keep all my dr's appointments info, insurance claims and maternity leave stuff in one place.

My Jewish family isn't big on pre-getting anything for the baby, it's a deep cultural superstition that still makes my Mom nervous. Because of those beliefs I am kinda nervous to bring in baby stuff too soon. To help give myself some balance , I have a plan of reaching viability of around 25 weeks before buying fun things or bringing things into the house. 

I can not wait to find out the sex and buy basically the complete Mini Boden Roald Dahl collection. Beyond obsessed with all those clothes! They are mostly out of stock now but some are still on eBay.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12W+5D

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? We have our 12 week appt Friday! Hoping to hear the heartbeat & get some test results.

Cravings? Let's just say, the girl scout cookies came just in time 

Rants/raves? Rant: 2 weeks later, and still waiting on Counsyl test results, which makes me nervous. Rave: bought more LuLaRoe this weekend and it's so comfy on my growing body.

Questions for FTM, STM+? None atm.

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? I bought DH a Christmas onesie to reveal our pregnancy and another one for Valentine's Day. We're now doing research on furniture, car seats, and strollers, and will probably start to buy more once we get through this next appointment.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    Late to the party this week!

@Mango517 I just told my boss the news last week. My company is huge though, so the maternity leave benefits are pretty much set in stone for all full-time employees. If you're worried about them having to figure out details for your situation, it can't hurt to share the news. I bet you'll feel better knowing everything is documented and taken care of well in advance. 

How far along are you? 15 weeks 4 days. Where is the time going?

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Finally have an appointment this Friday. It's been a month! It will be just be a quick weight/heartbeat check-up but I'm still excited.

Cravings? Salty, cheesy goodness... I was shopping at Target yesterday and caved and got a mini pizza from the Pizza Hut that's at the front of store. I don't think DH and I have ever ordered from Pizza Hut since we have pretty high "pizza standards" - but I literally couldn't help myself. 

Rants/raves? Rave: My day off yesterday was amazing. Woke up late, got my hair cut, did some shopping... such a relaxing day. Also found some sweet maternity clothes at Target! Just basic leggings, tank tops and a pair of jean shorts for summer. Rant: Back to work and dying. Also, is it spring yet? I'm so tired of waking up to 20 degree mornings. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? What cribs are everyone looking at? I've read some reviews on various models where parents are complaining about toxic smells when you take parts out of the box, paint chipping, kids' arms/legs getting stuck between the slats.. AHH. The price range of cribs is insane. We love Restoration Hardware and have a few pieces in our home, but I really can't justify spending $1000+ on a crib (or can I...? Ugh they are just too beautiful). 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? When we found out LO was a girl, we couldn't resist buying a few cute outfits! I also saw some Aden + Anais swaddle blankets at Marshalls for $20 - I think they're normally closer to $35, so snatched those up too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 cribs...there's no need to spend $1,000+ on one unless YOU want a certain look. LO isn't going to care one bit. Any that are manufactured and are on the market have to meet the current safety guidelines/standards for the country you live in. Is there a chance your LO will get their limbs between the slats, yep, with ANY crib (darn kids like testing that out it seems). Spending $1,000 isn't going to stop that. Paint chipping, eh, your LO is most likely going to put teeth marks in it anyway.  My advice, set a budget for the nursery furniture and stick to it. Don't allow yourself to look at cribs that are more expensive and just pretty. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks today!

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I had an apt Friday, wasn't feeling too well but i'm better today. They put my on asprin because they thought my blood pressure was a little high at 130/74, it's been a little bit higher lately.

Cravings?pizza always

Rants/raves? I'm so paranoid about hating my belly getting huge...and scared haha. This isn't a rant but I felt the baby actively moving last night for the first time and it was insane and a little freaky!

Questions for FTM, STM+? Do you ever get used to your body changing so much so quickly? It's giving me a little bit of anxiety lately to feel my back killing me while trying to sleep or that its getting harder to get off of my couch or out of my chair. 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? we have a crib already and a rocker because they were on super sale at target, my parents were buying us the crib anyways :)
  • Options
    @secicc12 I am going to be an enabler and tell you that this will be the third child we are using the same crib for, so depending on how many kids you want you can divide the cost of the crib by X and it makes it much cheaper ;) . I work in finance and my main creative outlet is interior decorating so I tend to allow myself to splurge there (although I do attempt to find the best deal, or wait for a sale, etc.).

I agree with @bumpybump that you probably don't need to pay up to get a safe crib. In fact, paying up would probably be more for personal style preference (which I totally understand!). I am just starting to cover sustainable/environmentally/human-rights friendly companies at work and Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn's parent company, scores significantly higher than Restoration Hardware on a lot of these issues. I actually just discovered PB a whole eco-friendly/green guard crib section. Also, the mattress is super important as far as air quality goes. I'm actually in the process of switching out all of our pillows at home for organic wool ones that don't emit any toxic chemicals. If this was my first kid I would definitely be all over this stuff:

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/baby/healthy-home-feature/

Our crib is pottery barn and it is in perfect condition two kids later.  

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks, 2 days

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? None this week for the first week in a long time! Last week I saw my family doctor & got the nice Valentine's Day gift of hearing the baby's heartbeat.

Cravings? Still pasta - specifically spaghetti hehe

Rants/raves? Right when I've had no headaches at all for over a month, today I have a doozy of a headache. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? The first thing was a onesie &  the cutest moccasins. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @JWatt5 Baby moccasins are insanely adorable! 

@donehue Haha that is true! Especially when some are convertible all the way to a full-size bed..I like to tell myself that we wouldn't be buying new furniture every few years. I've been looking into the safety standards too, PB is definitely a good one! But @bumpybump has a point that LO doesn't care what her crib looks like..it's really more for mom and dad's viewing pleasure :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jacksonbears  So sorry your first appointment @jacksonbears
    @secicc12 We are looking at one of the Ikea cribs.  I plant to go elsewhere for the mattress, but the crib is under 200 bucks, and most get pretty good reviews! They might not be the same level as PB, but they are still safe.  I think the mattress is more important anyway, and I plan on spending more on that anyway. 

How far along are you? 16 weeks

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? nope not until the 17 of march.

Cravings? sweets. I want all the gummy and sour candy.  

Rants/raves? Bought my maternity clothes, and I am jealous of those of you who got to shop at HM. I went to mine and they didnt have any baby clothes or maternity. I guess I have to go into the city for that.  I am in love with the jeans now, and Im starting to POP!  

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? We bought a super cut book this past weekend. Its Hedgehugs, and about how the hedgehogs couldn't hug because they were to spiky and how they figured out a way to hug.  DH's favorite animal is a hedgehog, and we just couldnt resist. We are waiting for the AS on the 17th to go buy more stuff.  I also need my parents to dig out all my old books and bring them to me, so we don't have a ton of duplicate stuff. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I need to plan a trip to raid my parents' house for books and toys too! It's mostly a matter of deciding I'm driving an hour to get there (and cleaning out the car first!), and timing the trip so my mom will feed me. *still operating as a poor college student, ten years later*
  • Options
    @lyse01 My Dh's family has his stuff at their house about an hour away, but unfortunately my parents live about 4 hours away, so its a long haul.  I think they are planning to visit in March, so I am hoping to have them dig out the books from their attic, and bring them with them.  When they come to visit, they always pay for food, so in many ways we are also living like poor college kids 10ish years later as well! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Vickers224Vickers224 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 13 weeks 6 days 

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Today I had my second prenatal visit with the midwife. Went over my blood work from my first trimester screening test and all is well! Everything was normal! Thank goodness! Was able to hear the HR with the doppler in the office too which was such a relief! Midwife said it was strong at 152 bpm :) 

Cravings? I just really want junk all the time. Candy, sweets... but I'm trying to eat healthy. And anything Italian! My husband his family and my sister are taking me out to this amazing Italian restaurant on Friday for my 32nd bday! I can taste the meatballs and eggplant parm right now! 

Rants/raves? Raves-Found out one of my friends is pregnant. About 7 weeks behind me so that's pretty neat to go through this with her. Rants- just gotta stay away from Dr Google and trust everything is ok with me and baby. Oh and this constipation/heartburn is unreal. :/ 

Questions for FTM, STM+? I had a Pap smear with this exam. I'm assuming they are safe since they wouldn't offer one but just making sure there is no risk to me or baby? I've had some mild cramping but no bleeding, spotting so far. 

GTKY: What's the first thing you've bought for the LO? If you haven't, what's the first thing you plan on buying? Haven't bought anything yet. But I've got ideas in mind in my Pinterest board. Once we find out the gender at our 18 week scan, I will prob start buying some stuff that can be specific and personal to baby. My husband already said if it's s boy, he is buying him his first pair of Vans sneakers. He is obsessed with Vans and owns over 15 pairs! 
  • Options
    @Vickers224 my DH is like that with Converse...so when we found out officially we were expecting I got him a baby pair. We are having a girl-and he has already said it doesn't matter she will have matching converse to her dads...SO cute!! I keep telling him she won't need shoes til she is walking, and he said-'that's fine, I have time to stock up' and they think girls are shoe crazy!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14
    We took a childbirth class that went over basically everything that happens and can happen during childbirth. It wasn't on any particular method but talked about the stages and ways to stay comfortable. It went over everything from homebirth, to c section and post pardum care. It was VERY helpful. My husband and I were very glad we attended. I'm from a big family and have even been in the operating room for c sections etc and I still found myself much more calm about the process after attending.
    I would suggest taking a general class like that and not necessarily one focused on a specific method.
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I'm a FTM but what we're planning is the same as what @bumpybump and @belmont1785 mentioned for childbirth classes. They offer a general class that's basically 8 hours over 2 days (various ways to do it, though but all about the same amount of time). We also signed up for the other classes you mentioned. These are all offered by my OB/GYN's office but they are a network and most classes are 20 miles from us so we already signed up to make sure we got dates/times that worked for us. Weeknight traffic can make 20 miles an hour+. If you're more flexible, you probably have time to wait to sign up. I'd also see what your doctor recommends. Ours told us about the classes and said we'd want to sign up at least a few months in advance but I was being proactive.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker