Options

TTCAL Check-In Week of 2/20-2/26

2»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 2/20-2/26

• Options
    purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited February 2017
    *update.  Long post ahead 

My levels went up to 885 on Monday.  Then went back to 699 yesterday. So they're saying ectopic even though they can't see anything.  They recommend that I go tomorrow to the hospital to have a shot of methotrexate. But there wasn't a lot of info given. I was at the expo for a race so my phone didn't ring & when I called back it was just the nurse that I don't like because the dr was in surgery.  

I asked about the procedure & what happens after and she just said the Drs would tell me at the hospital tomorrow.  

I told her I wasn't comfortable making this decision with talking more about to the doctor. Just from googling, I've read that it's a dose of chemotherapy, there are some bad side effects, that you can't TTC from 3-6 months after, and some even mention no PNVs or foods with folate.  But none of this was told to me.  She just said to show up to the post partum part of the hospital and they're waiting for me. 

I talked my SIL who's an ER dr.  She thinks it's fine to wait until Monday since I have no pain.  She says because my levels are so low, she doesn't think a rupture would happen and said I could even run the races.  

I called the nurse back and she said that they reccommended me to go in tomorrow but that I could wait until Monday & the dr could call me tomorrow to discuss it

but now I'm paranoid and worried that I'm going to rupture

And I know it seems insignificant to everyone else, but the races are a big deal to me.  A lot of money down the drain, it's my favorite race and I have legacy for it so I look forward to it all year. And if I don't run them, everyone is going to know something is wrong and I can't handle that.  I've held it together this whole time but lost it tonight because of it. 
  • Options
    @purplg8r I'm sorry you didn't get better news. The flu or a stomach flu can be an excuse if you feel you need one. Take care of yourself. We are pulling for you!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @purplg8r: Oh, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I think it's completely unacceptable that your office is not giving you full information before pressuring you to make a decision of when to get the shot. Glad you were able to talk with your SIL. 

It's definitely a tough call to make. Do you think you can call your doctor in the morning and try to get more info? Then you may feel more informed to make a decision. 

Hugs and hoping you can figure out what is best for you soon!
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Thanks for starting this thread! 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important (age, number of loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.)

I'm 28 and DH is 26. We had a miscarriage back in December at around 6 weeks. As this as our first one, my Gyno did not want to do any testing. My suspicion is that it had to do with low progesterone, as my progesterone results came back low. I had also just gotten off birth control, so I don't think my body was producing enough of it. 

How are things going?

I'm feeling pretty positive for the most part. Some days it hits me pretty hard and I just need a good cry. But DH and I have just tried focusing on ourselves and each other. We just started trying again this cycle and are trying to stay hopeful that a repeat won't happen.

Any testing coming up?
    No

Any recent results?
    No

How is your partner dealing?
    He's doing a lot better. At first he was pretty bumed out and blaming it on his "bad luck" but now he has realized it was something out of our control completely. 
  • Options
    @purplg8r I'm so sorry this is dragging on and that the nurse wasn't being receptive to your concerns. I would also have a big problem going in for a procedure and only getting the full story once I'm there. Please take care of yourself.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @purplg8r *Hugs, lots and lots of hugs* I agree with PP, wait until Monday to go in (especially since you spoke with someone who is an ER doc). I would want to fully understand everything that is happening.

@NYTino24, @dragonfly87 The cost of testing/meds drives me nuts. It was $500 before insurance for each of my progesterone tests.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker