August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 2/20

How are you feeling today?  Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 2/20

• I have had egg white discharge almost this whole pregnancy.. looks like my ovulation mucus. It's clear but slightly yellow at times, I assume from urine? I had a lot yesterday and it worried me that it's my mucus plug. However, when I lost my mucus plug slowly in third tri with my son, it was light green and more globby not stringy. Anyway, any one else experiencing ewcm? 
  • Still dealing with nausea and morning sickness. Now that I'm hitting 17 weeks, I'm getting real discouraged that it might be here for the whole pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I woke up this morning with a head cold. I've gone through half a box of tissues already. Also had the usual morning puke session. Good times!
  • Not sure if this is related to pregnancy somehow, but I swear I have been sneezing sooo much more since I got pregnant.  I've probably sneezed more in the last 15 weeks then I have in over a year. I've also started getting killer headaches almost daily now. Thank goodness for tylonel!
    @brookedeyo yes, I've had lots of CM pretty much the whole pregnancy, but it's gotten worse lately.  I read somewhere it can increase in the second trimester.  Lots of CM is really common throughout pregnancy, so I would try not to be worried too much!
    @Kathryn0903 I've been thinking the same thing.  I'm only at 15 weeks, but I feel like the MS should have stopped 2 weeks ago! Thankfully I haven't puked in a week, but I came really close this morning.  I hope yours goes away soon and isn't a whole pregnancy thing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NatSprat0703 apparently pregnancy rhinitis is a thing. I keep having random sneezing fits.

I had 2 migraines Saturday. One around 1:30 am that went away quickly with my imitrex, then late morning it came back.   So annoying 
  • @brookedeyo me too on the CM. It's pretty gross and annoying.  

I had had a ton of snot and boogers. Had the same issue with DS. I feel like I can't ever get everything out. 

I can hear my HB in my left ear pretty hard. I had the same with DS. I guess it's the increased blood flow in my body and it creates temporary tinnitus.  So weird. 

Sickness is pretty much gone and and my energy is back, 13 weeks today. We did an insane amount of yard work this weekend and I was able to clean my house from top to bottom. We sent DS I MILs Saturday afternoon and night and it was amazing to be an adult and do whatever I wanted to do without amclingy toddler up my ass!!! And I am now able to make healthier more responsible food choices without snacking on garbage all day. So I am feeling like a rockstar right now! I'm so sorry for all you still sick mamas. Your relief is coming soon I'm sure! 

@pinkprincesspiper sorry you are sick! Still patiently waiting for your results over here.... 
  • @NatSprat0703 I too am having sneezing fits...so crazy!

New for me for the last week has been low back pain, right above my left hip.  Pretty debilitating.
  • I have had pretty bad headaches off and on the last week or so and dizzy spells with racing heart the last few days. I have a doc appt on Wednesday and I'll discuss the frequency. I had it with my first so I know that it can be normal but this seems a bit above the common. I'll probably ask for an iron and glucose test while I'm there. 
  • I'm kind of annoyed with the bloating. I don't know what size I'll be from one day to the next. Friday and through the weekend I wore a Bella Band. Today I'm wearing pants that didn't fit two weeks ago, but today they close with just a little button extender. There's definitely a bump, but bloat on top of bump varies so much from day to day! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Crazy unpredictable skin. One minute it's dry, then next it's oily. I woke up with a glow and perfectly clear pores, but the time I left the house, I had like 4 new blemishes and redness patches. Also itchy body/tummy. 
  • @dinofreak get some sugar scrub for your tummy, it's amazing. I went through so much during my first pregnancy. 
  • I feel like I have been sick with something my entire pregnancy so far. January we all had a horrible five day stomach bug, then I got a cold with a sinus infection. Then we start feeling better and we get another stomach bug and now I no joke got pink eye in both eyes from my girls with another cold.  Daycare is a petri dish and my weakened immune system cannot take it. Seriously though. I feel so defeated lately. My poor husband too. I just hope we turn the corner soon. I am ready to not be sick. 
  • my daughter has RSV and received her 6 month shots.I am not feeling too well either my chest and head hurt like a cold is coming my way :( think is the weather.
  • edited February 2017
    Too ensure I dont develop serious symptoms,  due to a congenital heart defect that doesn't impact me outside of needing xtra antibiotics for any surgery, I get to have an Echo in the next few weeks, and echo for baby after the 20weeks. Yay cardiologists!! I love precautions and knowing everything but the time spent at doctors offices, waiting rooms etc is nuts! I swear I need pre-maternity doctor leave to have time for it all. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @jadkins2, ditto. My SD (we have her 95% of the time) is in pre-k and I feel like I've been sick since week 10.  Coughing, sneezing, congestion ....whole bag of tricks.  On top of that, had a 3-day migraine that the whole Tylenol/Coke thing wasn't cutting.  Dr. prescribed Feriocet, which thank goodness at least took care of that!

Here's to lots of chicken soup and rest ladies, hope spring brings us all a bit of relief!  <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jadkins2 said:
    I feel like I have been sick with something my entire pregnancy so far. January we all had a horrible five day stomach bug, then I got a cold with a sinus infection. Then we start feeling better and we get another stomach bug and now I no joke got pink eye in both eyes from my girls with another cold.  Daycare is a petri dish and my weakened immune system cannot take it. Seriously though. I feel so defeated lately. My poor husband too. I just hope we turn the corner soon. I am ready to not be sick. 

This has been me too.   Migraines, 2 stomach bugs, a GERD and Gastritis flare up,  and the kids illnesses of course...   I've already blown through my PTO for the year.  I'm now eating into vacation days.  Thank God (and New Jersey) for 16 weeks of maternity leave.   I'd be screwed this year.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• Anyone that dealt with nausea or is still dealing with nausea tried the unisom/b6 combo? Nurse practitioner recommended it before bed to help with my daily morning puking episode.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sore lower back and hip joints. After a long day (especially if I've been walking a lot) I feel a thousand years old.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My eyelashes are noticeably longer. I'll take it! Anything to distract from my crazy breakouts and giant pores.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My boobs itch so bad. I'm going to claw them off 
  • @SouthernMama15 yesssss UGH they itch so. bad. 
  • @Kathryn0903 and @mrsmatt1212 I don't know what to do. The underside is the worst. Lotion makes them sweat, which makes the itching worse.  They didn't itch this bad with DS and I went up 2 cup sizes. Wtf.
  • Anyone else feeling like they are having hot flashes.  Im normally super cold, and have to dress like its winter in my office all year round.  Lately Ive been able to break out some lighter clothes, and I currently am super warm, almost too warm.  Im not sure its 100% a hot flash, as Im not sweating or anything, but I am so warm!  I might just take off my sweater and wear just my t-shirt! This never ever happens! Ill take it!
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @Kathryn0903 yesssss it was a life saver. Can't believe you haven't tried it yet. 
  • @brookedeyo I may try it if I continue to have issues. I'm very much someone that doesn't like taking medicine, so I usually hold off till something is very bad. I didn't puke today so here's hoping I go a couple days without.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's nice to see all these people with similar symptoms!

I'm Jessica btw :)

@SouthernMama15 - holy boob itch. It's intense but I'm loving the size improvement :)

I have horrible headaches/migraines. The tylenol takes the edge off but they never actually go away. Everything actually tints yellow when it's the worst. I work in a fast paced doctors office and I'm having trouble. 

I'm 16 weeks today with baby #2 and I don't remember have nearly as many symptoms as this time. 
  • I think we need a new 2/27 thread but anywho. 

Does anyone else ever feel (especially STM who've been around this block before) like you're getting stabbed in the vagina?
    I've gotten used to the stabbing round ligament pain but this is a new feeling, with the stabbing so far down there. DH and I haven't had intercourse for awhile so that's not the issue. I haven't been riding a bike, so that's not the issue either. But the location of it, you'd think I'd done either or both activities. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 I just started the new one. Been gone all morning so took me a bit to get to it :)

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @DeansGirl14 YES!! I think I saw someone on our board refer to it as "lightening crotch". It's so bad! Only lasts a few seconds though then it goes away.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 definitely lightening crotch. I've had it much earlier this time