Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday

Happy Monday, all! Let's get this week started! Oh, and I'm totes jelly of those of you who get today off.  :)

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what would kinds of traditions would you start with your family? 
Me: 31 DH: 32
Dating since: 11/17/2001
Married: 9/26/2009
TTC: June 2016
BFP: 9/01/2017
EDD: 5/14/2018

Re: TWW Monday

• flashley-2flashley-2 member
    edited February 2017
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 26

Timing: ED

Testing: ugh

R/R: I had spotting yesterday. Very light. All day and then last night nothing. AF is moving in early this month. Not expecting her until Thursday but apparently this is the new thing the past three months. I never use to have spotting so I don't know what's going on. Also this cycle and last I have sore boobs. Never happened before. How annoying. I'm just going to hang out here while I an waiting for a flowwwww. 

CS/Q: Because I wasn't temping I'm not sure when I Od. This spotting started 5 days before my expected period. Should I be concerned about this ? I have read it may mean low progesterone? I have horomone blood work to do. Just have to work up the nerve to get a needle shoved in my arm. Big phobia. 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what would kinds of traditions would you start with your family? 
    We didn't really have any traditions. I guess I would really like a "Family Sunday" with a nice breakfast, some activity, and maybe end the night with a movie. 

Eta @BertieMeetsGertie I work today too. Bummmmmeerrrrr. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 20/2

Timing: good

Testing: 3/5

R/R: Rant: I don't have today off ... so jealous of those of you who do! Rave: Can't wait to run today, I was so lazy last week.  

CS/Q: nothing

Hmmm I need to think about this.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BertieMeetsGertie enjoy yoga today!!!

@FLAshley  I like that idea for a family tradition as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 8/9 ttcal 13/14 total

CD/DPO: 24/7

Timing: ugh. -5 -4 -2

Testing: not until cd 28 (Friday) 

R/R: I guess O'ed later than normal this cycle because I was so so sick, which means we stopped HIO too soon. I also had almost no CM to go off of because of the cold meds. FF also waited 6 days to give me dotted CH on cd17. 

CS/Q:

I don't have many childhood memories, but I do remember Easter being a lot of fun. I can't wait to do all kinds of dorky holiday themed things with kids someday. 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @JulesDP enjoy the acupuncture!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FLAshley I wish I could shed more light on your spotting but after all the testing I had, nothing came back abnormal except for my estrogen being on the lower side on my CD3 bloodwork. She didn't check my progesterone so I still don't know if that was a problem or not. I only had 1 day of spotting last cycle which was a vast improvement over the past 6 months. 

@JulesDP hey friend!! Nice to see you over here. Enjoy your acupuncture! 

• jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited February 2017
    Month/Cycle: TTA

CD/DPO: 19/3

R/R: I technically get the day off today but I am working so I can use the time later. It's also torrential downpouring outside so it would have likely been a day cooped up inside anyway. 

CS/Q: So I got CH today as I expected but I noticed that my coverline is a lot lower then it was last month. Is this normal? Does anyone else notice that there coverline varies cycle to cycle?

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what kinds of traditions would you start with your family? 
    Hmm, we never had any particularly fun family traditions that I can think of. There were somethings we would do almost every year like go camping but that was just a typical summer activity.  

@FLAshley Yes, my understanding is that spotting before your period can be due to low progesterone as you stated. I have been worried about the same thing and plan to talk to my doctor if it keeps up. ETA- The info I am going off of is what I read in TCOYF. I also have a slow rise pattern which is another sign of low progesterone. 
  • @FLAshley if AF doesn't completely show tomorrow morning, I would try temping for just that morning or so to see if it would be like a normal post O temp or not. It can't hurt...
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Month/Cycle:10/9

CD/DPO:26/12

Timing:-4 IUI, +1

Testing: Wednesday

R/R: trying to stay in my bubble

CS/Q: nope it continues to be ugly

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what would kinds of traditions would you start with your family?  my dad would make crepes on Sudan mornings. we did family dinners. we do family dinners now and I love it

@BertieMeetsGertie have fun at yoga!
    @flashley sorry about the spotting
    @julesdp I hope you like the acupuncture

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• edited February 2017
    Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 29/13

Timing: -4, -1

Testing: nope nope nope. Waiting for AF to crash disney world vacation tomorrow or Wednesday 

R/R: had the most amazing day with DH yesterday. He only had to work a couple hours which is unheard of for him. We were going to go to a Brazilian restaurant we live but it was closed so instead we ordered Brazilian takeout and watched planet earth 2. Amazing.

CS/Q: nope. Temp dropped .5 degrees today. Ugh.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what would kinds of traditions would you start with your family ?
    On Christmas, all my cousins and cousins' kids (there are about 30 of us now!) Line up i  age order to go into the room with all the presents. I can't help it, my stomach gets all excited to see the tree and the gazillion of presents!
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @wabash15 I will continue to send my positive vibes your way!! 

@WillRunForWine21 we watched planet earth 2 on Saturday. It was soooo amazing!! Lol during the point with the small black birds, our cat must have thought they were real because she was really trying her hardest to stalk them!  :D probably helps that we bought a new SUHD tv a few months ago so everything really does look real. 

• Hi ladies - I'm back after a break, and wasn't temping this cycle, but...

M/c: 1/1
    CD/dpo: 21/7-8ish?  Based off feeling/cm, I know, I know...

Timing: every other day, so should be decent no matter which day was O.

Testing: arrpemting to hold out until CD 29/30... Haha we'll see if that happens.

R/R: so I feel exactly how I felt on the cycle with my CP and with PG #1, (yes, I know you aren't *supposed* to be able to feel anything prior to implantation, but I will own up to the fact that I swear my body knew and felt different on those two cucles than the other 8 while TTC...) So basically I'm in this TWW and either my mind is messing with my body or my body is messing with my mind and there's only time that will tell which it is!

Tradition: we didn't have much in the way of.formal tradition, but I loved going camping in the summer by the beach, I don't live near a beach now, but I'm hoping we can have vacation plans that are near beaches once DD and future children are old enough to appreciate it!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Month/Cycle: 23/27

CD/DPO: 24/7 or 9

Timing: -1 or -3, +1

Testing: like there is even a point

R/R: I've been sick all weekend and am so congested that I can't keep my mouth closed long enough to temp

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what would kinds of traditions would you start with your family? Haven't really thought about it

• Finally got my crosshairs over the weekend, yay!

Month/Cycle: 11 Cycles, 6 TTCAL

CD/DPO: 19/4 DPO

Timing: -5, -3, 0

Testing: Going to try and hold off testing until AF is late, I have such the trigger finger. 

R/R:
    Rave: My best friend is also getting married, and Saturday I got to help her pick out her wedding dress with her family. The last dress she tried on was a big ball gown type dress that reminded her of Beauty and the Beast - she was instantly in love.  <3
    Rant: Woke up with a sore throat...so it looks like I'm going to be sick again.  :s

CS/Q: 

When I was little my parents would always take weekend road trips to Pittsburgh. I always loved road trips, but now that I'm on my own and both my fiance and I don't like long distance driving, I rarely go on trips like that. Maybe few times a year? Instead my fiance and I have a tradition now where we go out for breakfast or lunch on Saturday and drive around town or go to the park.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Good morning ladies! AF came to visit today, so it's off to WTO for CD 1 and cycle 6!

Please, please, please do not follow me!
  • @dragonfly87 hugs girl I'm so sorry about CD1
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Month/Cycle: 7

CD/DPO: 21/6?

Timing: -1, O? -3,-2,O? Who knows. 

Testing: none. It's not worth it anymore 

R/R: I'm super discouraged lately. Temping seems to just confuse me more than help me. I have no idea what's going on and I highly doubt that I will ever Gkfu ever. Googling secondary infertility wasn't a good idea. 

CS/Q: nothing- my chart makes no sense. 

One present to open on Christmas Eve. "Gold" for st Patrick's day. Birthday dinner at their choice of restaurant. 
  • @dragonfly87 sorry for CD1, looks like I'll be following you soon. 

@Brooklyngirl6 I am currently suffering from secondary infertility. Hopefully you aren't also, you're still a bit of a way from a year of trying so try not to let Google scare you!!

Month/Cycle: 14/14

CD/DPO: 29/14

Timing: -5, -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing: not gonna happen

R/R: DH is off so we took DD to Cracker Barrel for breakfast!

CS/Q: temp dropped below the cover line today so I'm just waiting for AF now. 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite childhood tradition? If not, what would kinds of traditions would you start with your family? My BFF and I started a tradition two years ago--every year around Christmas we get our kids together to make Christmas cookies!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Ok ladies, I have a stupid question....this is my first cycle using the progesterone suppositories so I don't know much about them or anything. Has anyone had any issues taking hpt's with them? I know all about the discharge and everythinget from them, but I notice when I pee in a cup to do the hpt there's a sheen to the top of the urine that I'm assuming is from the progesterone. Well, the hpt I took today it's bubbled in a few spots almost curdled if you will like the discharge from the progesterone. Is this possible or am I crazy? 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited February 2017
    @FLAshley I read that your doctor would do a blood test 7 days before your period is due to see what your progesterone level is. Idk if there is a specific name for it... but they would just be looking specifically at your progesterone levels unless your doctor asked for them to run other tests as well.

ETA- I think it may just be called a Progesterone, Immunoassay.  
  • Okay guys I have a question--according to what I know about temping you're supposed to take your temp as soon as you wake up because it rises throughout the day right? So this morning I took my temp at 8:30am when I woke up and it was 97.25. Then for the hell of it I took my temp a little while ago at 1:30pm and it was 97.09! What the hell? Isn't it supposed to be higher? I then tried out my ear thermometer which I don't use normally and it said my temp is 98.5. Is it possible my BBT thermometer is broken? I'm using the Mabis one I bought off Amazon. 

This is only my second month temping so forgive forgive me if this is normal and I'm just being paranoid!!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• @shortstack930 hmm. Yes your temp should be higher in the middle of the day then right away in the morning. Did you drink something or have your mouth open for a while before taking your temp at midday? 

• @shortstack930 I am SO sorry! I also totally didn't mean to sound insensitive at all. I realize that I'm overreacting and being stupid. 
  • @BertieMeetsGertie nope didn't have my mouth open or anything, took it again a few minutes ago and now it's saying 98.24 which I think is more accurate but what the hell???

@Brooklyngirl6 oh no, I didn't think you were being insensitive at all! I know how you feel--when we had been trying for 6ish months I started freaking out and googling everything. My parents kept telling me to calm down but my feeling ended up being right and here we are 14 months down the line doing fertility testing. You're not overreacting by being cautious but definitely don't let Google get you crazy!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• @shortstack930: No idea honestly. My temp always drops after I get up and move around. I tried it quite a few times. I temp when I first wake at normal time, then tried temping anywhere from 10-30 minutes later when I have got up and about for the day. It's always way lower (like .1-.3 degrees).
  • @shortstack930 If room is colder than where you were under the blankets or if you ate or drank anything cold, your temp can drop on the second try. Oral temps can vary a lot. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility