Options

Saturday Ticker Change 2/18

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 5, Aug 12, Aug 19, Aug 26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: what's the one thing you couldn't live without (before or during pregnancy)?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 2/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    15 weeks

How big is baby? 
    A naval orange

None this week, my next one is the 27th, a boring checkup where they just listen to the heartbeat.

Major tooth and gum sensitivity.  I've been to the dentist and oral surgeon 4 times in the last week. My back molar feels loose, but the oral surgeon assures me that it's fine and that everything is just being affected by pregnancy hormones.  It's driving me nuts though! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My son loves Sesame Street... which is fine and dandy except my in laws obsess over this, and buy him every single Sesame Street thing they see.  The kid doesn't need 30 big bird books!

GTKY: what's the one thing you couldn't live without (before or during pregnancy)?
    before pregnancy, I couldn't live without coffee.  Now, it is gross to me. During pregnancy I can't live without my snoogle!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?  13 weeks

How big is baby?  peach

Upcoming appointments this week?  none this week. Find out gender in 3 weeks!

Any new symptoms or changes?  no changes

Rants/Raves/Questions?  sickness in my home has got to go!  I had/have a bad cold virus that has produced enough mucous it makes me vomit. I wasn't able to eat for 2 days because any food would all come back up. I feel better yesterday and my husband said he started feeling bad. Tonight he has a 106 temp!!  And my 16 mo has a bad cold and nasty ear infection!  I think we may all go to doc in the box tomorrow and see if we can all get well. 

GTKY: what's the one thing you couldn't live without (before or during pregnancy)?   during this pregnancy it's been mt dew. I never was a coffee drinker or someone whom needed caffeine in the morning but man, it's been a mood and life saver this time around!  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    14w

Nope

On Monday my midwife thought my cervix felt short, but I won't get it measured until 3/15. I'm still running a lot, but I'm starting to imagine I can feel my cervix shrinking as I run. Hurry up 3/15!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    speaking of running I love my maternity support belt, even if it is only holding up my poor intestines at the moment. This is my third pregnancy and I never used support wear before. I will definitely be investing in more. 

In order to sleep comfortably I need my retainer (dork alert) because I grind my teeth, a sleep mask for complete darkness and a thick pillow between my knees (side sleeper). All of these things have become such custom that I can't sleep without them. Otherwise my daily life requires coffee, peanut butter and running.

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    14 week
    How big is baby? 
    A giant peach... or that's how I feel. 
    None this week
    I'm not as tired these days. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    It has been so warm the last couple of days!! It's made me feel so much better when we can actually be outside.
    Coffee! It keeps me going! 
  • Options

How far along are you? 

13 weeks - almost done with the first trimester! 

How big is baby? 
    Lemon

Nope

Thought I was getting off the vomit train, but j/k! Major vomit sesh last night has me feeling all sorts of defeated.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    SO ANNOYED with my two cats. They drive me nuts. The fight. They smell. They mess up my house. 

Before - def coffee. Now, I can't even stand the smell of it. My poor DH has to brew his cup in the garage. During - sweatpants. They are my everything. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    15 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    an apple
    nope
    Nausea is getting better.  I am taking unisome at night and still really restless, I am worried that once I don't need it any more I will have insomnia.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Our internet and cell phones were down all day Friday.  Seriously what did we used to do during the day? 
    My kindle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks 

How big is baby? Jalapeño 

Upcoming appointments this week? My second appt is tomorrow! I'm hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! 

Any new symptoms or changes? My appetite is back. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm hungry all the time but I'm trying to eat healthy (still wanting to eat all the fruit and vegetables) 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My best friend had her shower yesterday. I am so excited for her but also starting to get excited for ours! 

GTKY: what's the one thing you couldn't live without (before or during pregnancy)? Coffee. I had aversions to it up until a few days ago. I had a decaf iced coffee from Tim Hortons today and it was delicious! We don't have Tim Hortons where I live so it was perfect that my coffee aversions disappeared this week! 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options

How far along are you? 

14 wks 2 days since I'm doing this on Monday

How big is baby? 
    The size of a peach

None! My next one March 7

The nausea has lessened but I'm still taking my pills in fear it's not really gone. I'm still really tired! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My mother in law and mother are planning on giving me a sprinkle. (Which I don't want). My MIL yelled at me because we are team green, and she said but what if it's a girl this time then we could get you girl things. I told her I'm not finding out just so people can get me girl clothes. And besides I have everything we need from my son who was also a team green baby so all of my stuff is neutral and I like it. Grr it's just so frustrating!  

Before- Black Cherry seltzer water, now I want nothing to do with the stuff. During- nothing I can specifically think of it changes all the time. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks

How big is baby? 
    The size of a peach/lemon/whatever other random fruit or veggie a different app decides on

I had my regular monthly checkup yesterday and everything went very well. Got my bloodwork back from my very first visit and everything looked normal. Also got to see the baby again on US since my OB got a new sono machine and they needed a test subject. I was more than willing :) Baby was wiggling around and waving like crazy. Also had our NT scan last Thursday and everything looked great with that too. Just waiting for the bloodwork to come back, hopefully this week. 

Overall I'm feeling better with more energy, but I still have days where I feel like crap. Also, I'm still sneezing like crazy which I've been doing since I found out that I was pregnant.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We finally started to tell the rest of our family and friends over the weekend after we had our sono. Most everyone was just so excited for us because it's been such a long journey to get here. There was only one off comment about why we waited so long to tell everyone, which really pissed me off. Umm, it's our news and we can choose to tell you whenever the hell we feel like it. My fuse is also much shorter these days so the comment prolly made me more upset than it should have. 

I've always had a sweet tooth but it's waaayy more intense now. I really can't live without having some sort of chocolate every single day. 
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 same with sweets!  It's awful how many sweets I eat. Wasn't the case at all with my last one
  • Options
    I ate a pint of ice cream last night. I don't even recognize this person I became. 
  • Options
    You guys act like "pint" isn't the normal serving size of ice cream...

...I don't keep ice cream in the house for that very reason.
  • Options
    I would go gangbusters on any ice cream at the moment. Now I really want a DQ blizzard..
  • Options
    Anyone tried the halo top ice cream?  I have like 4 containers of it in my freezer. Oops!
  • Options
    sgrant432 said:
    Anyone tried the halo top ice cream?  I have like 4 containers of it in my freezer. Oops!
    Yes I tried the cookies and cream flavor. I didn't care for it. What types do you like? Mine was bland :/ 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 16w4d

How big is baby? Action figure

Upcoming appointments this week? Just a blood draw

Any new symptoms or changes? Still feeling exhausted and dizziness at least an hour to teona day if not longer. So over it!

Rants/Raves/Questions? My first pregnancy was a cake walk. Like I never understood why people complained. This one I'm learning my lesson :-(

GTKY: what's the one thing you couldn't live without (before or during pregnancy)? Diet Dr Pepper, Coffee, wine ... well I could live without wine but who would want to do that?! Haha After pregnancy lemon water and pillow, lots of pillows

*EDITED to add after pregnancy needs
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow I have tried the strawberry - bleh and the cookie dough - which had zero cookie dough chunks visible until you dug down about 2 inches. 
    Ive heard that if you set it out in the counter for 5-10 mins before eating it thaws it enough to make it more creamy. Who has time for that?  If I'm going to get my ass up to get ice cream, it means I want it now!
  • Options
    @sgrant432 Halo is just ok and, honestly, I'm more concerned about eating erythritol than real sugar.