July 2017 Moms

Exercise & Fitness Check-in 2/17

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a fantastic week so far. Let us know how you are doing and feeling. 

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week? 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: if you could try any new activity or hobby what would it be and why?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise & Fitness Check-in 2/17

• 1: How far along are you?  16+6

2: How was your last week? Good!  I was traveling for work this past week, and felt like I had a cold coming on, so I didn't get much exercise.  But, I managed to try out a prenatal yoga online video, which was my goal from last week (confession: I did it right before I posted here.  Hooray for accountability).

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  It's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, so hopefully I can get out for some long walks.  I'll try to get on the exercise bike too.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Maybe look into some maternity exercise clothes, or just a larger size.  I'm doing ok with shirts, but my exercise shorts and yoga pants are feeling a bit snug.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? Still feeling a bit down about my weight gain this pregnancy.  But I'm making healthy food choices (mostly... I mean come on, I am pregnant  :) ) and making an effort to get some exercise, so I'm doing my best.  Hopefully things will level off now that I'm past the "must eat all the time or I'll throw up" phase.  

6: GTKY: if you could try any new activity or hobby what would it be and why? Honestly, if I could think of a new hobby that sounded fun, I would do it.  So, I'll be watching this thread for ideas :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    JAM85theweevee
  • 1: How far along are you?  20w3d

2: How was your last week? great. 5 days so far and I have swim practice tomorrow for 6 days of workouts this week. And back on track eating from vacation. 
    3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  keep on keeping on 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    Eh have work Sunday and some tomorrow so tomorrow enjoying part of the nice day. Made a GF Flax Banana bread and making sautéed sole for the second
    time this week so that's yummy. 

I'm still bummed I've gained 17# so far and on track to basically end up at the same weight I did last time despite only gaining 15# last time because I started out heavier and did not remotely exercise and watch eating as much. But honestly if I'm still gaining this working out 60-75min 6 days a week and tracking food and eating healthy then WTH else can I do realistically. 

6: GTKY: if you could try any new activity or hobby what would it be and why? 

Always wanted to try kite boarding or yoga on a paddle board!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    greenbean-2
  • @GreenBean Hooray for gorgeous weather!
    @JAM85 So many props to you keeping up such a workout schedule. And I agree - you can't beat yourself up over weight gain when you are doing so much to stay healthy. I haven't weighed myself recently, but I know I was a bit bummed at my last appointment, even though my midwife didn't even bat an eyelash.

1: How far along are you?  17+1

2: How was your last week? Not fantastic. I was swamped at work which didn't help. Also has some lower back and hip pain which prevented me from running. Got a few walks in and somehow made my step goal each day.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead? We also have amazing weather (75 degrees in the Midwest!!!) so I'm hoping to be outside as much as possible. Hopefully get a run in if my hip and back cooperates.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? With some more movement, and hopefully some meals grilled outside! I love grilling season and even though DH will still try to grill in the middle of winter, it's better when the weather cooperates!

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? My colleague got a salad for lunch today that was way bigger than she expected it to be, so she shared with me and it was AMAZING! Mixed greens, beets, sweet potato, walnuts, quinoa and balsamic. I can't wait to try making it at home!

6: GTKY: if you could try any new activity or hobby what would it be and why? I'd really like to get into triathlon at some point. I run and bike and swim, but have never done a tri. I was at a point where I probably could have handled a sprint with no issue, but then my knee started acting up and I haven't gotten back into it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating since: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC since: 09/2016
    *TW BFP 11/16/2016 EDD 07/27/2017

greenbean-2JAM85
  • 1: How far along are you?  18w5d

2: How was your last week?  Better...I made it to training Wed and Fri.  I was still in a lot of pain Monday, so I went to the chiropractor instead of the trainer...and again Thursday...marked improvement.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Three days at the trainer.  Still hoping to get in a better diet, but I'v all but given up on that.  Every time I try to eat a healthy dinner, I throw it up, and feel like crap for the next day.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? At this point, I feel like seeing the chiropractor is a sanctuary lol 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?  I found a picture of my bump with DS...it was May and I was due 7/27 last time.  So....32 weeks ish?  My bump is the same size now.  I have only gained 2 pounds, but geez.

6: GTKY: if you could try any new activity or hobby what would it be and why?  I wish there were more things around me...I'd love to try Pure Barre or a Masters swim team.  Or even go back to kickboxing.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    JAM85
  • (Stuck in a box)
    1: How far along are you?  
    21 weeks, 1 day
    2: How was your last week? 
    Pretty good.  Did pregnancy weights, one very long walk, and walked 2 days at lunch
    3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  
    If the weather cooperates (and work cooperates), I would like to walk every (not raining) day at lunch for at least 20 minutes.  (I'm not as active as some of you girls, but I like the motivation here)
    Pregnancy massage on Monday.  :)
    N/A
    6: GTKY: if you could try any new activity or hobby...
    My husband surfs and we are both excited for future ds to start surfing/skateboarding.  Post-pregnancy, I would like to get back in to learning, so that I can go with them and not just sit on the sidelines.

greenbean-2JAM85