July 2017 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• edited February 2017
    neludelu said:
    LM1007 said:
    I usually go food shopping alone during the day and shop for the essentials, try not to get to many extras since it's on my husbands card.. It's still kinda new to me cause when I was working I bought groceries no problem and splurged all the time. 
    After he came home from work I asked if we can go food shopping together, so we did, and I was like a kid in the candy store, well grocery store ;) He just kept saying get whatever you want, and he loves his fair share of food and snacks too. I think we need to shop together more often! 
    Did he let you eat the groceries too?! Your post is strange and I hope that you just worded it incorrectly. If you feel like you need to ask your husband for food or permission for groceries... you need to reevaluate your relationship. Please get help. 
    ETA I didnt know you ladies turned this into a thing... I tend to jump the gun before reading the rest of the post. Hey guys, I like FFFC, please dont get it shut down.

It is a difficult transition when you go from working to not working and relying on one income. It is an adjustment, and she shouldn't be judged for feeling the way she does. I feel the same way she does, I am naturally a bargain shopper, especially when on one income. I could win the lottery and still shop the same way. When my husband goes with me, and we are doing well financially, I feel like a kid in a candy store too, because it's like you instigate eachother. There was a year when I was 23 and was bringing home 2000 to 3000 every two weeks or so (summers in Coronado spas are very lucrative) AND my husband made good money too. I didn't even blink at buying a huge fruit bowl everyday for lunch for 11 to 12 dollars a day. But still budgeted for groceries. Like I said, an adjustment.

I know a couple who keep their finances completely separate, and even will call the other to ask if he/she will chip in for pizza. They have lived together for years, are engaged and expecting a baby in Sept. Which is really strange to me, but hey, to each their own. I have a feeling that will change once baby is here.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited February 2017
    @Itsnotyourturn very true, however many relationships work very differently. I know many women who prefer to "wear the pants",  women who like giving their husbands control and living 1800s style and it works for them. Couples who do everything equally. I choose not to judge them, because it works for them. I do not tell them that they need help just because it would never work for me. My husband has some strange ideas sometimes, but we share all finances. Whether I have a job or not, we discuss budgets and purchases with eachother, and I see nothing wrong with that. 
  • edited February 2017
    LoveLee85 said:
    LM1007 said:
    @neludelu How is my post strange? Maybe you just don't get it. I would never have to ask permission for food or groceries. 
    I limit myself when I shop alone only because I don't want to go crazy with snacks and things we don't need and will waste, also not to run my husbands card $200+ every trip. I eat, quite well, thank you. All I was insinuating was we together both went a little crazy on food this trip. Things I wouldn't normally buy, things we could've went without. 
    I'll eat all the groceries happily. Thanks for your concern. 
    I didn't think a thing of your comment. I knew what you meant. You use to splurge on anything at the grocery store, now it's one income and more budget friendly. We eat very healthy in our home, but then when we shop together things like pop tarts, frozen breakfast sandwiches and jumbo boxes of fruit roll ups somehow make the cut! Haha. You are fine. Nowhere in your post did it seem like you aren't allowed to eat/have to ask for permission to eat....and you don't need help or to evaluate your relationship. Her comment was the weird one to me. 

Eta: I wrote this BEFORE all the back and forth reply. Lol I won't dirty delete but I don't want to add to it. 
    Yeah, my thoughts too. Just seemed like she jumped down her throat for what was to me a cute confession. But my feeling is that there is a history there that I do not know about.
  • @CarsonsMommy, nobody told her to come in and divulge that information in a confession thread.  I personally could care less about how her and husband do their finances, but I don't understand putting that info in FFFC and expecting not to get judged.  We only know the info she chooses to share.
    I didn't expect to get judged over my initial post. I don't think what I wrote was divulging in any way. All I was trying to say was we indulged in a shit load of junk food and other stuff, and I'm happy we went shopping together. That was my confession. This was taken so far wrong I really don't even get it. But okay judge me for being a SAHM for now and having my husband take care of the finances, judge me for being conscious when I shop alone. And lastly judge and think me and busyzee are the same person. Judging my relationship over a statement that people took wrong is mind blowing, even after I tried to clear it up. 
  • @CarsonsMommy You have the right idea, it was just supposed to be a cute confession. Apparently my wording sucks, my English isn't very good. Less is more. I should've left my statement simple. 
  • @LM1007 seriously there isn't any need to justify anything at this point. Your post was  confusing to me too but I don't know how that led to you needing help and not eating. People will believe what they want to believe regardless of what you say. 

I don't understand one thing, even if your post was unclear, how does that lead you or me being in an "Oppressed" and "Horrible" relationship? And suppose that was true, is that what you say to people or around people who you think or may actually be in that kind of a relationship? This doesn't even make sense. 
  • edited February 2017
    @kerils, true but you choose what you share, or to participate at all.  FFFC is not a requirement.  If you choose to participate it works the same as any other thread, you can't control the responses you get.

ETA, I didn't take offense @kerils, I see how what I wrote could be interpreted differently than I meant it.  
  • kerils said:
    @Itsnotyourturn  Wait, what's the point of a FFFC if its not to divulge and confess stuff? I'm not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely confused on what it's for if that's not it. 
    it is the point. But then don't get all pissy when people call you out.

If it was intended to be lighthearted and funny, she missed the mark, as has previously been mentioned. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited February 2017
    Agreed @kerils .

Ok, well let's move on. Anyways, my FFFC is that I started this pregnancy at 127lbs. According to my doctors office, I am 141 lbs now. Owch. 17 weeks measuring at 18 weeks. I mean I know I have had my aversions and maybe indulged in too many carbs and frosted brownies, which I shamelessly indulged in. And MILs cooking is far from healthy (I have actually started to refuse some things she makes on her days because it makes me nauseous with all the extra calories and fats) but I was unpleasantly surprised by that. This pregnancy has flown by, and I guess I am at the half way point, but was hoping to only gain 18 lbs like last time. Oh well.

Eta I REALLY wish people would stop saying "have another bowl, you're eating for two now" or "you can't lift that, your pregnant" F***ING Bullshit Shit. I am not disabled, I am pregnant. Huge difference. And no, the extra 200 calores allowed is far from eating for two. Quite acting like I should be inhaling two plates of food. NO.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @Rae1 I get the assumption part, but I don't see why you would unnecessarily say that to someone just because you got that impression. 

If I genuinely thought someone needed help I wouldn't think it's necessary to point fingers at them. Especially with something as serious as their relationship

And  yes he does notice my nails being done or not, and "eyebrows". I also chose his clothes for him because he ends up buying horrendous stuff. It's just how it is. That may seem oppressive and horrible to someone but seriously, would you actually say that to someone? That's all I'm saying. 

edit: I don't mean you as in YOU said that.
  • LM1007LM1007 member
    edited February 2017
    @BusyZee well since we're the same person I guess our comments collectively make it seem this way. As we both know it's not true. Even if we were in such situation, I think it's incredibly rude for someone to say we're in horrible and oppressed relationships, over some comments. And to judge our relationships as a whole. Same thing with other comments that were made, like English being my first language.. and if it wasn't what is that supposed to mean, considering I'm sure there are a few woman on this board that it is not... also what if I was a gypsy? We're all different and should respect other life styles but that doesn't matter when jokes come to play. Also I forgot being a SAHM means I'm sitting home all day popping out kids.. insensitive is an understatement. 
  • LM1007 said:
     Also I forgot being a SAHM means I'm sitting home all day popping out kids.. insensitive is an understatement. 
    Is THAT what it means?! Oh man, I will just get right on that!!! Lmao. Gotta say, I miss meeting new clients/patients everyday, but I LOVE being a SAHM.
  • @LM1007 The thing is people will judge and everyone does to some extent. Correcting someone is different, but telling them they must be in oppressed and horrible relationships is quite a careless thing to say. Like I said, if that was true, would you actually say that to someone?
  • LM1007 said:
    @BusyZee well since we're the same person I guess our comments collectively make it seem this way. As we both know it's not true. Even if we were in such situation, I think it's incredibly rude for someone to say we're in horrible and oppressed relationships, over some comments. And to judge our relationships as a whole. Same thing with other comments that were made, like English being my first language.. and if it wasn't what is that supposed to mean, considering I'm sure there are a few woman on this board that it is not... also what if I was a gypsy? We're all different and should respect other life styles but that doesn't matter when jokes come to play. Also I forgot being a SAHM means I'm sitting home all day popping out kids.. insensitive is an understatement. 
    Again - I'm not the one that asked the question, but I was legitimately wondering. It's not a bad thing if it wasn't and the question wasn't intended in a rude way. I think it was more looking for an explanation as to some of the comments or wording being odd. That's all. 
  • @Rae1 Not saying you asked, but it was absolutely intended in a rude way. 

@Wearmi1 I was being sarcastic I suppose. 
  • LM1007 said:
    @Rae1 Not saying you asked, but it was absolutely intended in a rude way. 

OK seriously? I was trying to be nice and explain. How do you know how she intended it?? Asking a question isn't automatically rude. For someone who is annoyed at other people reading your own posts wrong, you are sure jumping to do the same to others. 
  • LM1007 said:
    Clearly reading isn't your forte, I said gypsies stay at home and pop out kids all day long, it's true, I've watched the show. (FFFC? Perhaps) not SAHMs. 
  • @Rae1 And how are you so sure it wasn't meant in a rude way? Going off the other comments she made towards me, I'm pretty sure it was not a question out of genuine curiousity. I was not annoyed with people taking my post wrong, I was annoyed with the immediate snark and judgment. 
  • EmeraldNC said:
    Ok ok ok.... I am just going to go ahead and ask what is on everyone's mind...

@LM1007 Is English your first language?

You're probably right but the "nice truck" comment got me thinking Gypsy Sisters.

Exactly my thoughts! A girl who just sits at home pooping out kids and her husband pays for everything including her 'nice truck', then she said 'school tuition' and I thought 'nah', because gypsies don't do school.

edit: popping, not pooping, but it's appropriate, so I'm leaving it.
    Here we go again, my literacy is a problem. Well maybe your post was worded wrong. Because those were still all your thoughts of me, except I go to school so you were able to rule out me not being a gypsy, solely because I go to school. 
  • EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited February 2017
    LM1007 said:
    @Rae1 Not saying you asked, but it was absolutely intended in a rude way. 

I am the one that asked. And it wasn't being rude... I asked because I genuinely didn't know if it was a language barrier issue or well.... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LM1007 said:
    @Rae1 And how are you so sure it wasn't meant in a rude way? Going off the other comments she made towards me, I'm pretty sure it was not a question out of genuine curiousity. I was not annoyed with people taking my post wrong, I was annoyed with the immediate snark and judgment. 
    Did you not just preach about people making assumptions?!?!?!??? But it's ok for you to....???
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LM1007 said:
    @Rae1 And how are you so sure it wasn't meant in a rude way? Going off the other comments she made towards me, I'm pretty sure it was not a question out of genuine curiousity. I was not annoyed with people taking my post wrong, I was annoyed with the immediate snark and judgment. 
    I know because I was talking to her about the question before it was posted. 

and again - it's the internet. If you don't like snark and judgement then.... (not finishing my thought because I don't want to get in trouble lol)
  • mrscate88 said:
    Wearmi1 said:
    @LM1007 you opened yourself up to snark and judgement simply by posting in this thread?  Do you not see that?  
    I think this is where a lot of the problems lie! So many people consider this whole site to be just for "support", when really, it's just an Internet forum with random women from around the world who happen to be due around the same time. Support is nice, but anything we say has the potential of someone calling us out or judging us...just comes with the territory. I wouldn't take it personal.
    I know what I opened myself up for, but no means did I think I'd get snark and judgment or even support for a stupid confession. And like I said, immediate snark and judgment, which I guess makes no difference in timing, but at the same time I wasn't given a chance to clarify before it spiraled out of control. But okay. 
  • Rae1 said:
    LM1007 said:
    I know because I was talking to her about the question before it was posted. 

and again - it's the internet. If you don't like snark and judgement then.... (not finishing my thought because I don't want to get in trouble lol)
    Lol okay well I really don't think any of my posts were so far off that my native language or literacy had to be questioned. But I'll take it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"