Baby Names
Options

Looking for girl name suggestions

would love suggestions for this girl - I'm looking for slightly quirky names that aren't too unique but definitely not top 20. 
Some names I like include Margot, Matilda, Willa, piper, and Hattie. Clementine and juniper are too whimsical for me. 
Sibling is Carly. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for girl name suggestions

• Options
    How about Beatrice, Juno or Sybil?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Beatrice
    Phoebe
    Nelly
    Vera
    Thea
    Eloise 
    Mabel
    Fiona 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Margot and Piper

Nadia
    Daphne
    Polly
    Veda
    Winter
    Astrid
    Iris 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Love Margot and Hattie! 

Hazel
    Fern 
    Liza
    Millie
    Olive
  • Options
    Love Margot. I like Hattie but as a NN for Harriet. Suggesting

Bernadette
    Alice
    Florence
    Talia
    Teagan
    Paige
  • Options
    Nadine
    Minerva 
    Doris
    Zelda
    Colleen 
  • Options
    I love Piper and Hattie. Kind of spunky, but not too out there, where it just seems like you're trying too hard. Also suggest Willow or Stella.
  • Options
    Ramona
    Lena
    Arwen/Arden/Adair/Auden
    Alice
    Calliope
    Eloise
    Arrow
    Lark/Lake/Laken
    Oak/Oakley/Oaklin
    Meadow
    Sadie
    Rose/Rosalie
    Poet
    Adelaide
    Millie
    Penelope

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    Of the names you listed, Hattie and Willa are my favorites with Carly. Of those suggested by pp, I like Phoebe, Hazel, and Alice.

Ada
    Audra
    Autumn
    Brenna
    Brynn
    Edith
    Eliza
    Evelyn
    Georgia
    Imogen
    Ingrid
    Lydia
    Mae
    Mila
    Natalie
    Rose
    Sylvia
    Tessa

• Options
    Thanks guys! I'd always welcome more suggestions but there are some great names here to start with. i especially love Audra and Ada, Lydia, and Millie. 
  • Options
    Carys, elowyn 
  • Options
    Hi there, bumping this back for some more help - I learned the hard way that we should probably not welcome feedback from 5 yr old future big sisters because she not only hates the name Margot, she is gunning for names like Rosetta (from Tinker Bell) and Neveah. 

What's the consensus on Elliott for a girl? We've been toying with the idea of using the one boy name we've had forever for this girl. No gender (sex) disappointment here, just always sure of the boy name. We'd nn her Lottie or Ellie or something.  
  • Options
    I hate Elliott for a girl. It's a masculine name.  There are plenty of feminine names that give the nickname ellie or lottie. Everyone always cites Elliott from Scrubs as a reason to use it, except was a huge plot point that she was named Elliott because her dad wanted a son, and she spent so much of her life trying to live up to his expectations.  
  • Options
    I like Elliott for a girl. I know one and she's adorable and her Mom does not regret the name choice. She said she doesn't get made fun of because it's more common now anyways to see unisex or boys names on girls and she said her daughter loves that no one else in her school has her name. I would for sure go with Lottie over Ellie though, I fell like that nn is super overdone.
  • Options
    Also despise Elliott on a girl. But I hate the boy name on girl trend in general. Its the effing worst. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Ugh hate Elliot or the dreaded Elliotte on a girl. So trendy and unoriginal not to mention Ellie is even more trendy and yawnworthy.

• Options
    Oh. And because I am a dirty lurker, I saw your post in the July baby names thread. 

Rose isn't the root of Rosalind,  it's Hros (ancient Germanic for horse). In English the spelling influenced by the Latin "rosa linda" but the names origin and meaning has nothing to do with rose. 

Also Roz is 10 times better a nn then Elle/Ellie. (Lottie is pretty cool,  Roz is only twice as good as Lottie)
  • Options
    so what do you really think of the name, dirty lurker? :)
    i really don't like the nn ellie either, i definitely prefer lottie, and thanks for the etymology lesson. 

i appreciate the feedback, i certainly want to avoid using a name that is as potentially cringeworthy as neveah, so this was very helpful! the search continues... 
  • Options
    I'm on the no to Elliott/Elliotte/Eliette team. 

Rosalind nn Roz or Rosa is awesome.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers