Pregnant after a Loss

Heart rate 6w ultrasound

I'm hoping for some encouraging thoughts and possibly some happy outcomes that have resulted from others in my situation. 

I miscarried twice last year, in January at 6w1d and in late March at 4w, the day after my bfp. HCG declined very slowly from that and wasn't resolved until early May. We took some time off, did lots of testing, and got the go-ahead to try again in August. I take optimized folate and a daily baby aspirin; the RE thinks they could help, but really the testing didn't offer much in the way of an explanation.

We tried on our own for several months (I think conception happened, but no implantation, in two of the five months we were trying) and were about to start the process of IVF when the RE drew blood and confirmed I'm pregnant again. Two follow-up HCG draws looked good. I had some bleeding at 6w1d and went to the ER but everything looked ok--sac in the right location, HCG good, cervix closed. I had an infection, and recently finished a course of antibiotics for that.

so i eagerly anticipated my first early non-emergency ultrasound this past Monday. We saw a heartbeat (!!). However, it is 87 and should be 100+. By the calendar I was 7w2d but they measured me at 6w4d (not unreasonable, as I think I do ovulate a little late).

the dr is "cautiously optimistic" but I am constantly worrying. I still have symptoms but am concerned about a missed MC. We have another appointment on Monday 2/13 and are obviously hoping for better news.  I recognize that most ladies don't have u/s so early, and therefore most women wouldn't even know to be worrying at this point.

Anyone else here have a low heart rate during an early ultrasound and have it turn out ok?? The data I've found aren't encouraging, but sometimes anecdotes are. :)

Re: Heart rate 6w ultrasound

• Hi there! I didn't get an ultrasound until seven weeks + 3 or 4 even after my loss. Which was frustrating but they had been tracking progesterone and hcg and I was just trying to hang on to that by then. So I really don't have anything to offer other than thoughts and prayers--I hope this is your sticky bean! Keep us posted after your next u/s. I'm glad it's soon though I'm sure that doesn't feel soon for you. And for what it's worth I had some early spotting with this little one too. 
  • Thank you--I hope this is the sticky one too! It's certainly making me feel its presence. I know it may not be enough, but it's comforting to continue to feel the nausea and fatigue knowing that's generally a sign things are healthy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an early US at 6w3d and LOs hr was at 90 bpm - very similar. My doctor didn't seem concerned at ALL - he was just happy that we were able to detect a hr at all that early. I'm now 35ish weeks in and her heart is still beating strongly in a very normal range. I really wouldn't worry too much about it! Sending lots of T&Ps your way for a sticky little bean!!! 
  • Thank you!!! Exactly the kind of story I was hoping for. Maybe my dr's cautious optimism was legitimate and all will be well on Monday :-)
  • Keep us updated on Monday - I am a person who believes in prayer, so I will be sending lots your way in the meantime!!
  • My low HB u/s didn't end well. I hope that's not the case for you. Hoping for s positive result on Monday.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @divinemsm620 that's great!!! So good to hear. Thanks for the update and I'm so excited for you. 
  • @divinemsm620 wow!! Awesome news!!!
  • What AWESOME news @divinemsm620 ! Congratulations :)
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @HGRich @byrneme @Bok Bagok thank you!! I'm sending many happy thoughts your way as well. I feel so much gratitude for this wonderful gift and for all the support and encouragement!
  • @divinemsm620 Yes!!!! Best case scenario!!! So thrilled for you and your family! I'm happy you had a similar experience to mine - I will continue to pray for you! 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 thank you so much!! We spent the whole week hoping for this outcome. Your story was so encouraging.
  • So happy for you! :)
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Great news!!! :) 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3