Baby Names
Options

Girl name poll for team green baby

BethPSUBethPSU member
edited February 2017 in Baby Names
Siblings are Reed, Pierce, and Isla.  Kay is family name that DH really wants to use in mn spot.  Vivian is the spelling that DH prefers.  He thinks Vivienne looks too complicated and "trying too hard".  

Girl name poll for team green baby 80 votes

Vivian Kay
61% 49 votes
Fiona Kay
38% 31 votes

Re: Girl name poll for team green baby

• Options
    Vivienne should only be used if you're pronouncing it the French way anyway. :)

Both are nice, but I prefer Vivian with Isla. No rhyming. 
  • Options
    We are in Western NY and I pronounce them the same although I know there is a difference in many areas.  That is a concern of mine actually!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in Western NY too ! I don't hear them
    pronounced the same ever. I find Fiona more refreshing but I don't love both that and Isla ending in A. Voted Vivian and that's the spelling I would use in your case

• Options
    That is so weird!  I have asked a few friends and they all say it the same.  Maybe it is a subtle difference that I'm not hearing.  I remember in college being shocked to find out that people pronounced Aaron and Erin differently.  
  • Options
    BethPSU said:
     I remember in college being shocked to find out that people pronounced Aaron and Erin differently.  
    #1, I agree with this! I've ALWAYS heard them pronounced the same.

#2, But they are pronounced differently, because the boy's version is "ay-ay-ron" am I right?   :)
  • Options
    Love Fiona! 
  • Options
    I like both names, but prefer Vivian with the sibset: it fits without being matchy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers