Infertility

New with quick intro & a few questions (tw: losses mentioned)

Aera11Aera11 member
edited February 2017 in Infertility
Hi all!

I've lurked for a bit and I'm finally in a good place mentally/emotionally to participate:)

quick history:
I had a CP in September 2015 & a m/c under 11 weeks in January 2016, both on rounds of clomid. Many rounds of clomid, 1 unsuccessful IUI later...I'm here doing IVF.  DH checks out fine, counts are on the lower end but so far nothing my RE is concerned about. 

This is is my first round of IVF. I did Gonal F, menopur, cetrotide & triggered Ovidrel last night. I'm doing a fresh transfer with no PGS/PGD testing (for now). 

Egg retrieval is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  

How much work did you guys take off after your transfer?  If I have any embryos to transfer it will most likely be Sunday and I'm wondering if I should just plan on the whole week. I know for sure three days basically on bed rest... 

Thank you :)

Re: New with quick intro & a few questions (tw: losses mentioned)

• After my egg retrieval I think I took 2 days off of work.  My Job isn't very physically demanding, however.  I will say it took me quite some time to feel "normal" again.  I wasn't in pain, but everything just still felt bloated and just off!

With my first 2 transfers I took 3 days including day of transfer.  This time, I went for total de stress mode and took the whole week off.  BFP :)
    Me: 35  DH: 36
    Me: 1, possibly 2, blocked tubes
    DH: severe MFI
    Married and TTC since 2/15
    Started stims 7/21/16, ER  8/2 --> 17 eggs, 5 blasts after PGS testing.
    Fresh transfer 8/8/16: Chemical Pregnancy
    FET #1 9/13: PGS tested 5AA, BFN
    Endometrial biopsy 10/18/16: normal result
    ERA test 10/18/16: "receptive" result
    FET #2  1/3/17: natural cycle, BFP!!! TWINS!!  EDD: 9/21 (8/31 with twin adjustment)

• Best of luck!! I had egg retrieval yesterday, definitely needed the day and today I'm just laying a bit low but feel fine.

seems like every clinic is different, mine said after transfer certainly don't start new exercises or go crazy redoing my house, but continue on normally (just a little more low key). I work from home so I'm just keeping my week a bit lighter but I'll continue on pretty much like normal, hopefully :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @Aera11  I was on the same stims protocol and I'm triggering tonight; ER is Friday morning.  I am taking the day off on Friday and will luckily have Sat/ Sun to recover.  If it was scheduled during the week I was planning to take ER day and the day after off.  

Good luck tomorrow and please come back to report how it goes.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Aera11Aera11 member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you so much @APM_SLP @Polythene Pam @laurad75 I honestly had/have no idea what to expect and my clinic recommends two days after retrieval and three for transfer but I know every person reacts and recovers differently. I've been doing okay with the whole process, just getting nervous to find out about my egg quality. 

I'll check in tomorrow after and update. Best of luck to you all too and I'll check into the Feb IVF board too so I can follow your journeys :)

edited for fat thumbs on a phone
  • Welcome! My clinic wanted us up and walking within less than 10 minutes of transfer with no down time and no bed rest AT ALL. They highly discourage it and provided me with a leaflet explaining the reason was blood flow to the uterus. Good luck!
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Quick update: 

the retrieval was pretty quick but they only got three eggs :( I'm pretty bummed about that...I know it only takes one but who knows if one will even make it to Sunday.
    I'm having horrible cramps and nausea from the anesthesia but I was prepared for that, I always get sick from anesthesia.  FX for one to make it to Sunday 
  • Fx!
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Hi @Aera11! I remember you from the TTCAL board. Congrats on your egg retrieval and good luck to you waiting for transfer. My doctor didn't recommend any bed rest, just taking it easy the day of transfer, but otherwise continue life as normal. Her idea was that she wanted blood flow from any activity. I went to the beach afterward, read my book and walked around.

Hope you are feeling well after retrieval!
  • @BornReady I hope it's not creepy I remember your transfer! I'm hoping to join the PGAL group but we'll see :) thank you so much for your well wishes and I hope you've been having a healthy pregnancy! Yeah there seem to be mixed reviews on bed rest vs activity for blood flow. I've been drinking Pom juice too...can't do the pineapple, doesn't agree with my stomach.