August 2017 Moms

Yeast infection

anyone use a home remedy for a yeast infection? I was diagnosed with one at 6 weeks and my obgyn won't treat it with medication until I'm in my 2nd trimester. I'm in my 11th week now and it's getting pretty unbearable:/ 

Re: Yeast infection

• I have heard of women taking probiotics or using a probiotic yogurt, but not sure how it works and/or how safe it is in pregnancy.  Did the OB office offer any suggestions?  I essentially had a yeast infection for half of the third trimester last time.  It sucked.  Luckily, I was allowed to use monistat.

They do make cooling wipes for the outside part.  Not sure if that will help you at all.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vickers224Vickers224 member
    edited February 2017
    The obgyn said probiotics and eating plain sugar free yogurt is safe. I just have been reading about topical plain sugar free yogurt on the effective area or apple cider vinegar...or soaking a tampon with these things and inserting it into the vagina.  just wondering if anyone has tried any of these
  • Loading the player...
  • I would not go inserting anything into your vag at this point!!  Make sure your husband or partner is not infected too because you could pass that shit back and forth. Have you looked into the candida diet? 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• I wouldn't insert anything unless you have your OB's say so.  Not worth the risk of causing a different infection or making the situation worse. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a yeast infection 1st trimester with DS and they told me over the counter Monistat was fine.
  • You've been dealing with a yeast infection for 5 weeks?! Girl, get you some Monistat, stat! It's safe to use during pregnancy. 
  • I used probiotics. It took weeks, but did go away. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • mechanicwifemechanicwife member
    edited February 2017
    Lurker here.  I was just researching this today too. I decided on probiodics and cranberry pills for a while. I decided not to insert anything cuz I'm scared of creating a different infection. 
  • Which is better and safer? Miconizole or clotrimazole
  • Monistat is safe in pregnancy unless your doctor knows something about your condition most pregnant women don't have. If you use it, do the 7 day treatment though since 1 and 3 day treatments can be too harsh on sensitive skin. Oral Diflucan is contraindicated in pregnancy though.