July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 2/6

For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31. 

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's your most embarrassing moment (that you can share ;) )?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: Monday Ticker Change 2/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    For anyone due 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31. 

How far along are you? 19 weeks (almost half way there)

How big is baby? A mango (adorable)

Upcoming appointments this week? One more week.  I broke down and bought a Doppler because I was losing my mind.

Any new symptoms or changes?  I've had a little more energy but I have been sleeping 12 hours a night.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is it movement or just tummy rumbles, I never know.

GTKY: What's your most embarrassing moment (that you can share   )? Until about a year ago I thought you burned pallets (like the giant wood things everyone on Etsy builds furniture out of) in a pellet (tiny round balls) stove.  I never understood how they could be economical until the day I was visiting my Dad and say him loading the pellets into the stove.  When I told him what I thought had been going on he just looked at me and went outside.  I have never heard him laugh so hard in my life.  Later in the car he turned and looked at me again and I said "you want me to tell my husband don't you?"  He replied "you better, before I do" as tears formed in his eyes trying to keep from laughing again.  

@SpongeWorthy, I hate when doctors and their offices pull that nonsense.  Hopefully your thyroid is easily treatable and you doctor gets back to you soon.

@schreefel, for me the MIL struggle is real.  You seem so much nicer about it though.  If mine did that I would have gone bananas.
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy - I would start researching different practices because what they did would not sit well with me at all.

@schreefel - GL with the a/s today. Let us know how it goes!

@Itsnotyourturn - I sleep a lot at night too but the level of energy in the morning is crazy but come 6 pm I feel like I've been up for 36 hours.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 17 Weeks

How big is baby? Onion

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope. Next appointment is on the 14th

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Lately I have been feeling really hungry so I will make something to eat and after eating 1/2 of what I made (ex: last night - quesadilla) I feel sop full and the thought of taking another bite makes me nauseous so I stop eating but then an hour later I am hungry again.... Ugh lol

GTKY: What's your most embarrassing moment (that you can share )? I have several to pick from. I will have to decide and update this part later.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @schreefel GL with the anatomy scan today!

@Itsnotyourturn I got a Doppler a few weeks ago and I love the reassurance of hearing the heartbeat at home :)

@SaphireSweetie88 Thanks for the advice.  I did some research today on different practices and requested an appointment with a new doctor.  We'll see how it goes.

@maybeitsmadeline That is strange about your mom.  I'm sure it would be super stressful to have to negotiate that situation diplomatically.  Fortunately everyone in the family seems to be getting along so far over here.  We'll see how it goes after the baby comes...

@ginger1228 Haha too funny.  You caught me in my alter ego conspiracy ;)
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy - GL with the new appointment / doctor
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited February 2017

How far along are you? 19w

How big is baby? Ovia says a gameboy or hedgehog

Upcoming appointments this week? I was supposed to have my 3 hour glucose test this morning but got a flat tire and was stuck at the dealership until 1:30. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Starting to experience some back pain by the end of the day or if I sit too long. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We only have a 1 bedroom house so we dont get to have a nursery and it bums me out a little that I dont get to decorate much. Our lease is also up in October and we hope to move so no point in doing much.

GTKY: What's your most embarrassing moment (that you can share  )? pregnancy related- 2 weeks ago I threw up and pooped my pants at the same time. I have a bad habit of peeing my pants when I throw up so I usually sit on the toilet and throw up in the trash can. This time I pooped and peed as I vomited. I thank god that I was sitting down! Not pregnancy related- 2 years ago we went home to visit our In-laws and decided to get busy in his brothers room since that's where we were staying. Well the door didnt lock and my FIL walked in while my legs were in the air. He immediately walked out of the house and my husband went after him to apologize. Things have been weird between us since. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 17 weeks!

How big is baby? Pomegranate or onion

Upcoming appointments this week? No midwife appointment until next week, but I have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon.

Any new symptoms or changes? Less nausea (yay!) but still dealing with constant abdominal pain (most recent reaching opinion is that it might be muscular, hence the chiropractor)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just need to get on this daycare thing. I keep putting it off!

GTKY: What's your most embarrassing moment (that you can share
    )? In recent history, it was at a huge national conference for my profession a few years ago. I was going down an escalator in a long skirt (with a few hundred other people) and my skirt managed to get caught in the escalator. Thankfully I was able to pull my skirt out and it stayed up, but I did bring the escalator to a screeching halt.

@SpongeWorthy Ugh, sorry for the unhelpful doctor’s office! I ended up switching practices last week because of several things that made me upset/uncomfortable.

@Itsnotyourturn Everyone keeps asking if I’ve felt any movement yet. I guess the answer is no since I’m not sure!

@SaphireSweetie88 We’re appointment buddies again! I go in Feb. 14 too, but sadly not for my ultrasound.

@maybeitsmadeline I’m a little worried about the “sharing the baby” dynamic too. It will be my ILs first, so I’m not sure how they are going to react yet.

@ginger1228 Hooray for good NIPT and glucose results!

• Options
    @schreefel I so wish I could see that jig!  I'm trying to picture what it would have looked like lol! Also GL at your A/S!  So exciting!

@ginger1228 I'm starting to think that @RubyRedPirate and @abjm0325 have me beat!  Those stories were top notch!!!  I'm laughing silently in my office so no one will come in here hahaha!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @abjm0325 - What is yours for? I don't think I am having an u/s. I think its another one to hear the heart beat but I'm not sure. I have my a/s on March 3rd
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited February 2017

How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? Avovado, which looks alot like lady bits to me...

Upcoming appointments this week? No, 15th. I am waiting impatiently because then I will schedule A/S. I'd rather sooner than later, I just wanna know what it is! Hubby thinks boy, everyone else says girl. I would be super thrilled with boy, don't know what to do with a girl... but will be happy with either.

Any new symptoms or changes? Uterus is very sensitive. Anything presses on it and owch. Also pee alot.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Looking at graco snugride 40, lasts until 2 years and is click connect, anyone used it/liked it? Pros and cons?

GTKY: What's your most embarrassing moment (that you can share  )? Hmmmm. Once I was working at submarina as a teenager and I thought I had to fart while I was restocking drinks. Well, it wasn't a fart, it was watery diarrhea and my pants were soaked. I told the owner that I felt really sick, sudden onset stomach bug and had to go home. He legitimately tried to make me stay my whole shift. I finally had to tell him I had shit myself. I got fired soon after because of it. I hated that job anyways.

Other one is I had this mare, bred to the nines. Gorgeous appendix quarter horse, but she was a little crazy. She has a speed index of 102 and liked to gallop sideways and that's really hard to stay on top of. Well, we went to a jackpot barrel race and my old team happened to be there. Of course I was 17 and wanted to show how well we were doing. Of course I let her run the pattern at a flat out run, and after we had turned the last barrel, she kicked it into high gear, sideways and gave a twisty buck and I landed in the dirt, face first. Of course, right in front of them. But hey, at least we jackpotted and won 600.

• Options

@SaphireSweetie88 Mine is just a regular appointment with the midwife. I should set up the A/S at that appointment, so hopefully it will be in just a few more weeks!

• Options
    @abjm0325 - ah okay. FX for a short wait for the a/s
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just wanted to say thank you ladies for the encouragement yesterday.  It helps to hear that I'm not being overly sensitive or needy.  I was able to switch doctors and she's already set me up with a prescription and an appointment with an endocrinologist.  My original doctor never even called me about my test results...
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thank you ladies for the encouragement yesterday.  It helps to hear that I'm not being overly sensitive or needy.  I was able to switch doctors and she's already set me up with a prescription and an appointment with an endocrinologist.  My original doctor never even called me about my test results...
    @SpongeWorthy

Glad you could switch and boo for your original doctor not even calling you.... I had a very sketch situation with my original OB before we switched and I am glad we did
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy So glad this new office is on the ball!  I've had hypothyroidism since I was 17 and it's annoying to deal with considering I wake up starving and have to have my pill first thing on an empty stomach with water. Then have to wait 30 mins to an hour before I can eat.  But, it keeps me feeling normal and is good for baby as well that I have a normal functioning thryroid.  :smile:

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker