August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 2/6

How are you feeling today?  Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 2/6

• Options
    bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited February 2017
    Not a symptom of pregnancy but ugh, head cold!  Second cold within 4 weeks. Come on prenatals, build up my system and fight this off!  Being a STM sure does expose me to more germs.  :/

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My "morning sickness" has beginning to hit hard. I'm just over 11 weeks and it comes strong about 6/7pm. I have all these ambitions about what I'm making or in the mood for dinner, then when it comes to make dinner I'm just trying to keep the day's food and drink down. Never in the mood for anything at night except the sickness gets worse when I don't eat. So sometimes I eat something then immediately want to puke it. Yesterday it came so sudden I just puked on the floor. Thankfully it was tile. How much longer of this! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't felt too nauseous in about a week or so.  I was thinking/hoping that I was done with MS, esp with hitting 14 weeks later this week.  But noooo, MS came back yesterday.  Naturally, when there were tons of good looking superbowl foods around.  Still feeling it today too.  I really hope I'm not one of those unlucky women who have MS the whole pregnancy!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tried to go off the Diclesis last week (middle of week 13) and couldn't. Had to get a refill of the prescription and now I'm fine. But I'm going to be afraid to go off it. I can try over the weekends (won't risk it with work) but that would really spoil a weekend. 
    Plus, I figure the medicine is so damn expensive I should probably just use the whole month's worth. That'll take me to Week 17. If the doctor gave the original prescription with up to five refills I suppose it must be fine to just keep going. 

Getting colds/sinus issues sucks! The sea salt spray helps a little but it's hard to get real Sudafed. That's the only thing on my doctor-provided list of appropriate medicines for sinus issues. Blugh. I hate mouth-breathing. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My nausea seems to be getting better some days. I used to be puking every day, now sometimes I'll go 2-3 days without puking. It gives me hope that maybe it's on the way out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    While I'm still constantly exhausted (probably due to low iron and low vit d) my nausea is beginning to ease up a bit.  I do get a little gaggy here and there but it's nothing like it was weeks ago. 

Still kind of crampy...  3TM+...  I don't remember the crampy stretchy feeling lasting this long with my first two. Is this one of those things that gets worse with each baby, like the after birth pains?  

Very irritable. Very little patience.  LOTS of mom guilt when I lose my shit around my kids. :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• Options
    @oriole2017 My nausea hits me hard in the evening too!

What's more frustrating is I have a UTI and the doctor prescribed Keflex for me to take for 8 days. It's frustrating because this medication seems to make my nausea and headache worse. And now I feel like I'm getting a yeast infection. :(

I'm 10w4d and so scared to take any medications. Anyone else have to take antibiotics while pregnant?
  • Options

I'm 10w4d and so scared to take any medications. Anyone else have to take antibiotics while pregnant?
    Not this time but last time, yes. Baby was fine they wouldn't prescribe somehting that could harm it, plus the risks of infection is worse than meds anyway. Take it with food to help the nausea. Also, eat yogurt or take a probiotic to prevent yeast infection. 
  • Options
    Thanks @brookedeyo - I've been taking probiotics and eating yogurt, so I'm glad I'm doing something right. I called my doctor and she's giving me a cream too. I can't wait for this course of antibiotics to be done. 
  • Options
    Cross posting from the FTM 2/6 thread. 

I thought of a question.

What helps your energy levels? I haven't sworn off coffee completely (have been careful to stay under 200mg a day), but I slept really well last night yet am just dragging ass today. I dragged ass all weekend too. This baby is a parasite sucking my life force. Since you can't OD on the caffeine what else helps??  I do go for walks on my lunch break at work, I do work out for about 30 minutes 3-4 days a week...

<< yawn >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Headaches and so much gas.  

@mjjc7709 I took a z pack at 12 weeks this time and I took an antibiotic very early on with my first pregnancy due to a UTI. Like @brookedeyo said, infection is way worse, especially if you get a fever.  
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 - same with headaches and gas...I think constipation has been my worst enemy the whole pregnancy so far and will continue. No matter how much fiber/water I take in it keeps going. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    dmbfan46835dmbfan46835 member
    edited February 2017
    @oriole2017 my shit hits hard at night too. Start to feel icky at like 4 and then it just gets worse and worse and peaks during DS's bath time which sucks! What the heck is up wth night sickness?!

ETA- my boob are so sore! I can't remember with DS if they were this sore and how long it lasts. But OUCH. Cannot wait to get home from work and out on a sports bra!! 
  • Options
    Usually my nausea is ALL DAY but this pregnancy, it's been mostly at night too!  So weird. 

And, @SouthernMama15, I have bad headaches this time around too.  Usually my migraines go into remission during pregnancy.  I've been getting them super frequently this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Formerly MrsAB1316

• Options
    Cross posting from the FTM 2/6 thread. 

I thought of a question.

What helps your energy levels? I haven't sworn off coffee completely (have been careful to stay under 200mg a day), but I slept really well last night yet am just dragging ass today. I dragged ass all weekend too. This baby is a parasite sucking my life force. Since you can't OD on the caffeine what else helps??  I do go for walks on my lunch break at work, I do work out for about 30 minutes 3-4 days a week...

<< yawn >>

I've noticed that I  am more tired when I'm dehydrated and drinking a cold glass of water seems to help. Also staying away from super sugary foods is helping me stay awake during the day. I also resigned to going to bed as early as 8pm. If I'm tired I try not to fight it! :/ 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    TMI symptom warning: 

I'm so itchy down there, like to the point that I wake up in the middle of the night. I don't know that it's a yeast infection because it's not around my vaginal area. It's almost unbeatable and I even use the itch relief wipes. I have an appointment next Thursday but I'm wondering if I need to go in before that. Anyone else in the same boat???
  • Options
    Just need some positive thoughts tonight as I am having some spotting & intermittent cramps. I am trying to keep myself calm.  I spotted last pregnancy for most of first trimester, but it had stopped by around this point.  

Doc on call assured my it's probably nothing and said it is very rare for things to go badly at this point.  

Rational part of my brain says not to panic, but irrational brain makes that tough.   
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Lauradi1010 deep breaths, mama! I've had intermittent cramps most of my pregnancy. Have you had intercourse within the last 48 hours or so? That could contribute to spotting. Regardless, I bet the doc is right! Keep the positive thoughts going!!!! 
  • Options
     Thanks @mrsmatt1212

Deep breaths and rest are exactly what I am doing.  I used the fetal doppler my sister sent and hearing the heartbeat is definitely reassuring.  

No sex here.  We had some early scares and we're being extra careful.  At this rate we will be celibate until August.  

I tried to get some housework done today and hubby thinks maybe that contributed.  It's tough because I was hoping to be a bit more active this pregnancy.  

I know a bunch of us here have been through and/or are going through this same issue.  It's nice to have encouragement and support.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you @SouthernMama15 - I've started the antibiotics and will continue - it's certainly better to not let the infection get worse. I just have this irrational fear and hope I get over it soon.  :s Thanks for telling me about your experiences, it definitely helps. 
  • Options
    @Lauradi1010 Thinking of you! Take it so easy, feet up and lots of water!  My bff spotted throughout her last pregnancy. If she went jogging, had a hard poo, sex... Spotting. I think she just had a really sensitive cervix that time around. Are you PAL? I just am wondering because her second was right after a loss and it definitely messed with her mind. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Lauradi1010 I hate the feeling of trying to be rational yet the irrational fear takes over. I know how you feel. DH and I haven't had any sex either because of fear. I'm glad you have a doppler to ease your mind. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @mango517,

No sex because we had an earlier scare.  I have had to "push" a bit harder to clear things out on the poo end.  I hadn't even thought that that could cause some straining in other places.  Not PAL, but know a woman who had a late loss due to a recent car accident.  That definitely could fuel my fears.  

@mjjc7709,

Thanks.  It's crazy how our minds can get us worked up.  At least I was called the OB before consulting DR. Google.  Made that mistake in my first pregnancy and it made everything worse.  Btw, how are you feeling?  Have things improved? 

@morgy_bee,

Missed your itch question earlier.  That sounds exactly how my yeast infection started in my first pregnancy.  If it's bad enough to keep you up I would suggest trying to get to the OB. Their nurse line may be able to help if you call in too. When I was pregnant with my son I put off going in until my next appointment and was miserable. I had never experienced a yeast infection before, so I had no idea that it wasn't a normal pregnancy symptom.  Due to waiting so long it took forever to go away.  I think I had to go through 3 rounds of monistat before it went away 8 weeks later.  For some reason those nasty yeast infections live pregnant women.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm going to use this to vent a little. Today I've been in so much pain!!!! I have had constant cramping in my stomach and back then about every 15-30 minutes i have sharp cramps that curl me over. Plus shooting pain from round ligament cramps. On top of all that my little guy is teething, i am babysitting my 3 year old niece this week and my DH is working or if town =( i want to cry guys!!
  • Options
    @JWatt5
    Try dried prunes. They worked AMAZING for me.
    I eat 3 every day. At first I did 5 just to get things moving but now 3 does the trick.
  • Options
    @Lauradi1010 I had spotting with in the 3rd trimester with DS any time I strained.  They told me I have an irritable uterus.  I'm not sure when you start experiencing symptoms of that, but could be worth asking about 
  • Options
    Ugh evening sickness came back to strike last night. I went up to bed around 10pm and just started to lie down when that feeling came. Puked for a few minutes. Made it to the bathroom this time. I too have started noticing a pattern, I'd go a few days ok then 2-3 days that are bad. I noticed the other day my boobs felt fine whereas yesterday I puked and my boobs were super sore. Anyone else with off again on again boob soreness? Seeing if it's related with the puking. 
    Is pushing too hard to poop a thing?? I hadn't realized. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm starting to have good days which scares me because with my daughter I was so so sick right up until delivery. I never had good days at all with her. I'm 14 weeks today.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of feeling great and a pregnancy I can really enjoy!
  • Options
    For those in my boat, I heard that morning sickness may take until week 20 to go away. So even if you have it week 14, and thought if it's not gone by now that you'd have it full term, it's possible it will fizzle out by week 20. There's hope. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    morgy_bee said:
    TMI symptom warning: 

I'm so itchy down there, like to the point that I wake up in the middle of the night. I don't know that it's a yeast infection because it's not around my vaginal area. It's almost unbeatable and I even use the itch relief wipes. I have an appointment next Thursday but I'm wondering if I need to go in before that. Anyone else in the same boat???
    I had this last pregnancy.   I thought it was just irritation from having extra discharge (which was normal discharge...not weird or yeasty or anything).   I had never had a YI before so I was at a loss.    My midwife took one look and was like, oh yeah. That's yeast, my friend.   A 7 day round of Monistat right when I was traveling back to Arkansas for my baby shower and maternity pictures was NO fun.  But, it finally got rid of it and I got some relief.  But, i suffered for WEEKS before thinking to get it checked out.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Formerly MrsAB1316

• Options
    Hi ladies,

Baby looked good on the ultrasound today and they didn't see anything that would cause the spotting.  It seems to have resolved itself for now.  I was told to get plenty of bed rest and to take it easy for a few days.  We will see how that goes with a toddler.  OB appointment is on Friday and we will follow up then.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @morgy_bee I had that symptom last two nights now...thanks for bringing it up bec I think I may have a yeast infection. Great just great....another symptom to add to the list of others, right? 

I'm still taking my Diclegis because I attempted last night to not take it and felt so nauseous. Guess I'll be staying on it even through week 12. Since taking diclegis, I haven't vomited in over a week. Although sometimes I wish I could vomit like last night so I can feel better. 

At night I feel like I get run over by an 18-wheeler, I'm gassy throughout the day, instantly nauseous, and right now I feel bloated. Thank goodness I don't have folks in the two cubicles beside me at work bec I'm so gassy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lauradi1010 So glad to hear that everything went well, and I hope it continues to go that way! I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking. I think more so than ever, I'm just having a lot of anxiety and crying spells. PGAL brain is no joke. 

kodariah I'm sorry you're having a rough time - when it rains it pours. I hope you feel better ASAP!

oriole2017  I wonder if it's a fluctuation of hormones? Either way, puking is no fun. :( 

@morgy_bee I have one right now from taking antibiotics for a UTI. The first night I noticed symptoms,I was itching and burning in my lady parts. Taking probiotics is helping somewhat, but I'm still having yucky discharge. I have a cream that the doctor prescribed - haven't used it yet because I was hoping the probiotics (and eating yogurt) would help. 
  • Options
    Every time I think the diarrhea is gone, it comes raging back.  
  • Options
    @mjjc7709,

Hang in there!  I wish I could make the anxiety magically go away.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Totally have such an appetite now. Like I can't eat a ton at a time still, but am getting hungry more throughout the day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    morgy_bee said:
    TMI symptom warning: 

I had this last pregnancy.   I thought it was just irritation from having extra discharge (which was normal discharge...not weird or yeasty or anything).   I had never had a YI before so I was at a loss.    My midwife took one look and was like, oh yeah. That's yeast, my friend.   A 7 day round of Monistat right when I was traveling back to Arkansas for my baby shower and maternity pictures was NO fun.  But, it finally got rid of it and I got some relief.  But, i suffered for WEEKS before thinking to get it checked out.
    I have a huge increase in discharge so that's what I thought. I think I'm going to call the OB tomorrow. It's unbearable mostly at night. 

Thanks for for the input!!!
  • Options
    My gums are so swollen and painful and bleed sometimes when I brush. This happened with my daughter too. Dentist told me it happens because of the extra hormones and in fact usually your insurance covers an extra cleaning while pregnant because of it.
    It comes and goes but I woke up this morning they were instantly sore. Sucks.
  • Options
    Maybe not so much a symptom, but I'm now gaining weight! Feels good after initially losing weight likely due to puking most days.
    BabyFruit Ticker