August 2017 Moms

Low monocytes in my results.

What the heck does that mean? The results came through to my email today (saturday) so I won't hear from my midwife until Monday.

Naturally, I have now convinced myself I have hairy cell leukemia or Aplastic Anemia. Google is the best!

Anyone ever have this??

Re: Low monocytes in my results.

• edited February 2017
    Was there a note attached with the CBC that said you should be concerned, or are you just reading the lab report and seeing that it's not within normal range?   I'm asking because pregnancy can definitely throw things off, and if something is slightly out of range it doesn't automatically mean there is a problem.   

There can be a lot of different causes of low monocytes.. in general it means increased risk of infection but there's no way to say what is causing it for you... only your doctor will be able to tell you.   Also, I don't know how far out of range your results were.   
  • No note, I was just reading the report. I figured it was nothing but was just curious. Like I said, Google wasn't very helpful. Lol. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • If your white blood count (WBC) was normal, I wouldn't worry about the monocyte count. But you should call your midwife if you are still worried on Monday.