Pregnant after IF
Options

Feb- PAIF graduates - new mamas

Re: Feb- PAIF graduates - new mamas

• Options
    @mskeenan Mommy brain definitely exists! I'm sorry to hear about your adventure; I hope the damage isn't too bad!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome ladies! Looking forward to learning from some more experienced Mamas lol! 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    It does exist @mskeenan,

i hate it that I cant remember where I read about it. But it had a lovely explanation.

It said that during our sleep we are still alert to hear our LO's, so our brains do not get the sleep they are used too.
    To be able to keep functioning our brain sleeps bit by bit during the day, so parts take a sleeping break while other parts function. This causes a mommy brain.

As to worry about Vince, I doubt that part of the brain shuts down ever :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @chicandbubbly - congrats!!!! So happy you are here. Carter is beautiful and he will def gain his weight back in no time!
    @mskeenan - mom brain in def real! It's the sleep deprivation combined with us being so distracted by our baby. I have a hard time remembering words like dresser and milk. Lol!
    @tvh1982- I'm right there with you on how big Eli has gotten. My brothers little girl is 6 weeks younger than Eli and she looked so tiny next to him. I couldn't believe Eli was that small just a few weeks ago. He was actually smaller. It's going soooo fast. I had to take the infant insert out of his car seat this week and almost cried 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Speaking of size. Cason was all spread out today & he looked so long! I can't deal lol 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Ladies I think my previous post may have come off bad about the crying but when u have two babies one is bound to cry because your feeding one and the other is upset because they don't want to go down for a nap and you wish u had an extra person or hand but u don't so you have to let one cry a little till the other is content. I felt like a bad mom after reading everyone's comments like I was intentionally ignoring a crying baby. I'm the only with these babies during the day and I'm trying to do my best to comfort them both. 
  • Options
    @ultratomato No one thinks you are a bad mom. Hugs. It's so hard to manage the transition to mommyhood, and I can't imagine with two. I'm sorry, I know that you are doing your best, and that means you are the best mommy for your LOs

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    He indeed looks very long @capps42613, but oh so adorable when sleeping.

I know the feeling with the infant car seat insert, I let my sister take it out @griffin5413, and tried to ignore it. Until my mum pointed it out a week later and asked where it was gone. I had a teary eye and said she already outgrown it.

I never thought anything bad about it @ultratomato! You are definitely not a bad mommy, so please don't feel like one.
    As of the not crying part, that is my 'in theoretical', I only have one, but am too alone and not always able to help Pia right away. (This mommy got to shower, use the bathroom or is cooking) So she does cry occasionally, but never intentionally ignoring it. 
    With two and being on your own there is no way you can avoid that! And your little girls know that you are working as fast as you can and as lovingly as you do,
    So don't feel bad, your doing awesome!

Edit: English is hard. And used practical and theoretical wrong!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @ultratomato - you are a fantastic mom! I can't imagine doing this with 2. Seriously you are a rock star! There is definitely no judgement. I can only imagine what it's like to have one upset while you are trying to take care of the other! I can promise when your girls are grown they aren't going to remember crying as babies...they are going to remember you taking care of them!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies sometimes I get down since I think I'm not doing my best and I'm trying to figure out my lmotherly instinct and the cues from these girls. Just had to switch one twin to a super expensive formula since she is colicky but it may be covered by insurance but I don't care as long as she is feeling better I hope this works. She is always in pain it looks like gassy and having clay poop and having to really push a poop out. 
  • Options
    @ultratomato Oh man, poor baby! I hope the new stuff helps!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato you are amazing !! Please don't feel bad - I think it's totally natural to have those moments of wtf am I doing ? I have them all the time . The fact that you are caring for two littles is damn impressive!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @ultratomato I hope the new formula works! Poor baby!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing an amazing job!! I also can not even imagine having two right now so props to you mama!! 
    Anyone in the north east? Totally going to enjoy this 60 degree weather we're having today. 
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm sorry to read that @ultratomato. Pia has/had it too, although they believe it's cowsmilk she's reacting on. Formula is bloody expensive, but it helps. And lucky insurance pay, although money isn't an issue as I now have a happy baby who laughed with sounds for the first time yesterday. 
    Pia did not like the first formula she got. As it taste very bitter, BM and regular formula is kinda sweet. But we swopped brands and this one she likes. I tasted it and it tasted less bitter.
    Only disadvantage with the special formula is their farts reall stink and so do the diapers. It'll be a greenish goo, but hey she's not in pain or discomfort and once they start solids it'll smell anyway, better get used to it early!
    Hope your LO will feel better soon!

• Options
    @tvh1982 they ruled out the milk allergy on both girls with the test they did on their stool. I can see a difference with her already but hopefully it's not in my head lol. Thanks
    @Drove2u I'm in the north east and we will be enjoying the day not sure if we are going to see my friends new baby or not today or just go for a walk 
  • Options
    @Drove2u The weather is glorious! 70 degrees right now. I'm going to walk the half mile to the hospital.  So wish I was healed enough go on a hike! Soon enough.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    @Drove2u we're totally taking advantage of this weather with a walk :)

@ultratomato You can always count on us to never be the ones to judge you. You're doing great! <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    I am so sorry if my comment made you feel bad, There has been a discussion whether you should hold your baby or let them soothe themselves. That is why I told about my idea. Some people let their babies cry, I think it is called 'cry it out' method. I cannot imagine being with two babies by myself, you are a super mom.
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    Does any other LO stopped sleeping during the day? 

Between 7am until 7pm She slept 50min, 1,5hrs and again 50min!
    Is this normal?

• Options
    dragonfaeriedragonfaerie member
    edited February 2017
    @tvh1982 every few days, Riley just doesn't want to nap during the day. It doesn't usually affect his sleep at night.  I don't know if it's normal,  but I do experience it. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tvh1982 - Eli did the same thing yesterday. He didn't have a decent nap until 4pm. We were out and about and he only slept maybe a total of 2 hours between 9 and 4. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep! I've noticed it last week. He now takes short,frequent naps, like 30-50 minutes. But takes 1 long, decent nap in the afternoon. That's when I know to get things done lol.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @capps42613 for us Eli wants to be held during all of those short naps. 
    I know they say baby should sleep now for 1 year with you but Eli is such a loud sleeper I am wondering if I should put him in his own room sooner rather than later so I can get decent sleep. I was trying to wait until he was down to only 1 feeding at night though
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 I say it's totally your call. I've been breaking the rules since day one with him sleeping in his crib in a separate room  :# 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 We don't plan on having Riley with us for the full year. I think definitely do what works for you. Do you have a baby monitor?

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @griffin5413 yeah I also think you have to just do what works for y'all . I hadn't planned on having Vince in our room for the full year but now I know that having him out of our room would make me anxious . I think part of it is that Vince's room is upstairs and ours is down . If he were on the same floor I'd feel better about it for some reason . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited February 2017
    Thanx ladies.
    Pia does well during the night and is a happy camper during the day. So guess this is the time I get to do stuff (aka clean the guest room that is full of boxes as I still haven't moved completely!)

Pia has been sleeping in her own room for quite some time @griffin5413. I did this slowly, first for naps then for one feeding at night. Now she almost always sleeps there, unless I'm selfish and want her sleeping with me, or a busy day has been and she is processing it all (she tends then to need me close)
    My sister advised it. With her first she waited a long time, with her second her husband suggested it as she would wake up from every sound and would get a better night sleep. 
    Pia too is a loud sleeper, as well as she reacts on all noises. So we both sleep better apart, yet I miss her!

• Options
    I'm having major nap time issues. She will not nap unless she is laying on me on the couch or in a bjorn. And that just gets tirIng after a while. At night she sleeps in her rock n play MOST of the night and then cries to sleep with me. Ugh. I mean I love it but I need her to sleep on her own too. She won't even be comforted by my husband anymore. He's like "she doesn't like me." I hope this passes as I have to go back to work in five weeks. 
  • Options
    Lara has not been sleeping well during the day since she started to sleep long hours at night. She only gets half hour naps , few of them during the day unless we are outside. it doesnot matter how loud it is, she sleeps so well in her bassinett part of the stroller. the weather was so nice this weekend, we were at a park and she slept for almost 3 hours. she couldnt even wake up during nursing. it is so weird. she wakes up as soon as weget back home
  • Options
    Pia is the same @zoefer
    If I want a 3 hour nap I need to put her in the stroller for a walk.
    When coming back from our walk I leave her in the garden with the baby monitor and she keeps on sleeping. If I put the stroller inside she wakes up. 
    Noise level outside definitely doesn't matter. Weird little kid.

Pia did the cutest though, just walked in for a feeding at 04:30 and she had the biggest smile with sound effect :) Not sure it was for me or the bottle! 
    Am about to get her to sleep with me as she's bright awake. Talking away, but that's only a matter of minutes.
    Just trying to get some energy as for the second time (happened at the 11pm feeding too) I almost fainted. 
    Just texted my sister to give me a call when she is awake. Just to be sure nothing has happened. Sometimes living on your own sucks.

• Options
    @tvh1982 Yikes that's scary! I hope you feel better!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited February 2017
    How scary @tvh1982 !!! Could you be dehydrated ? Or just crazy exhausted ? I fainted yesterday and pretty sure it was bc I was dehydrated . Im so glad I wasn't holding the baby . Take care of yourself !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I have to get him down to 1 feeding at night before I'm confortable with it bc his room is on the other side of the living area. @dragonfaerie - yes we do have a monitor so that will make me feel better. 
    @tvh1982 - I hope you are feeling ok! Let us know everything is better!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thx ladies. It was a bit scary. I wasn't worried about me, but thought what would happen to Pia if I pass out.
    Aftwe replying a few messages Pia decided to sleep so I didn't need to get her. Which I was very happy about as there was no way I could get up without passing out.
    My sister called me in the morning (an hour after she read the txt, I'm a little annoyed about that)
    Im back only feet, still light headed, but not worried I'll pass out. No idea where is came from.
    Funny how I never worried about that before, and now I worried about Pia.

What time does Eli start his night and what times does he wake at night @Griffin5413

• Options
    @tvh1982 it's a little different every night but usually around 4-5 hours after he goes down and then another 2-3 hours after. Last night he was asleep by 9:55 woke up at 2 and then slept from2:20 until 5:40. Which will be fine for when I go back to work bc I have to leave the house by 5:50 anyway to get him to daycare and to work. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you are feeling better too!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you are doing better @tvh1982 ! Do you have a doc apt coming up you can discuss that with someone?

So i have never been a cosleeping fan, but I have to tell you: it's really nice to lay in bed and let Riley nurse while I pass back out. I did it this morning cuz he woke at 345 and I was so zonked I knew I couldn't focus if I got up to feed him. I won't have him sleep with us on any sort of regular basis, but it is nice when you are exhausted 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are trying to transition the girls from their rock and plays to there cribs DH did it last night and it seemed ok they took a nap for me in them today may have not been long but they took it. I should of never used these rock and plays I didn't think about them transitioning until after they used them and they we're sleeping flat in the hospital should of kept it that way and the longer their in the rock and play the harder it is to transition i heard
  • Options
    Ladies with PCOS: Now that you are no longer preggo, have you noticed a change with your symptoms or anything? I have continued to eat as I did while pregnant, and all the carbs are making me exhausted. While pregnant, I didn't notice the brain dog after eating, but boy, is it back with a vengeance. I'm afraid to go back on the whole food diet I was on before pregnancy because a friend did that while breastfeeding, and she saw a huge decrease in milk. Her lactation consultant told her to hold off on the whole food diet until after she finished breastfeeding. Just curious what you girls have noticed.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17