Pregnant after IF
Options

Feb- PAIF graduates - new mamas

Re: Feb- PAIF graduates - new mamas

• Options
    @Drove2u I have no idea what it's from.  I found lots of forum posts on google about it, but no answers.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Drove2u  white noise is pretty great. Eli definitely seems to sleep better. I was almost more tired the first time he slept for longer than 3 hours bc my body was so used to getting up. Plus I think when you sleep longer you can hit REM and when you do wake up it can be from a deep sleep.
    @dragonfaerie does the tingling hurt? I wonder if it is part of the let down and our nipple being more sensitive so you feel the tingling. That is by no means an answer but a guess!

so Eli loves when I take his clothes off to change his diaper! He could be fussy and crying and as soon as I take unbutton the onsie he is smiling and squirming in a fun way. I just love it!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 @Drove2u We run the humidifier in our room and I think that helps Riley sleep. Plus, we have always fallen asleep to Big Bang Theory, so I think the voices soothes him too. :)
    I'm wondering if the tingling is my letdown, cuz it doesnt hurt,  it's just weird. I did the sidelying position this morning and still felt it, so I don't think it's my posture.
    That's hilarious that Eli likes to change clothes! Riley is the exact opposite. I love their little personalities 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha Vince does the same thing @griffin5413 . He loved wiggling around naked and is so cute when he does it !

ok my husband thinks I'm totally nuts . I've been crying about Vince growing up so fast . I wish he could stay a baby forever . I'm afraid of this time going too fast . He told me I need to just stop being sad and enjoy this time .. and I know he's right but I just don't want this to end ! I just love spending this time with him it's heaven even with the sleepless nights . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    These boys are too cute. :)
    Pia doesn't mind, but just don't take too long.

I know the feeling @mskeenan. I think it's going way to fast! Pia wants to sit and stand (she does this if she gets a hold of your fingers) she rolls over (both ways, although she hasn't figured out the use of back to belly so this one happens occasionally) And I'm like: what happened to my baby! Slow down! (While grandpa is training her, and loves it he can do tricks with her) 
    I guess it's true, time does fly when one is in good company!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    So just wanted to poll everyone. Is anyone starting any type of classes with their little ones before they turn one? I was thinking of signing up Viktoria for music classes this summer when she's 6 months old. But I don't know. Is that ridiculous?? 
  • Options
    @Drove2u I don't think that's ridiculous at all! Early exposure to things will help with those skills later. I haven't looked into anything yet, but I will be taking Riley to the pool when I can

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mskeenan it's cool, my DH thinks I'm nuts too lol. He can't grasp why I'm dreading him growing up and I should just enjoy it while it's here. I told him I'm not sure if I feel this way because I know he is my last baby, or if it's because of how difficult it was to get him here, or both. I wasn't like this with my DD. 

Not sure if Cason necessarily loves being changed, but he is all smiles once he hits the changing table in his room. Lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @capps42613 guess I'm not the only one ! It's so hard !!! Trying to get pregnant time really did by so slowly :( guess it's a sign life is just really happy for us ! 

@drove2u oh I'm already ridiculous . I take Vince to story time at the library already . It says it's for 0-12 months . Most of the babies are crawling and interactive . Vince sleeps and I just sing songs and talk to other moms lol . I plan on signing him up for swim lessons in a few weeks . There's a swim school near us that offers free classes from 2 to 5 months . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @mskeenan my library does that too. I was going to try it out in a couple of weeks!! And start swim classes in the fall. 
  • Options
    @mskeenan - I was literally sitting up for the 3:30 feeding this morning thinking about how much I was going to miss it and how much I loved even the sleepless nights! 
    @Drove2u - there is a swim school here that does free lessons until 6 months so I think I am going to call this week. I'm still thinking about other classes too. I agree with @dragonfaerie you can't start too soon!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ladies as I sit in the girls nursery tonight I think about where I was last year in my journey and how I prayed for one baby. Well God has blessed me with two angels and even though my life is turned upside down it is worth it and hopefully it is temporary and sleep will happen. 

So so we are trying a new method of feeding tonight that DH heard about so I feed the girls at 8pm then again at 10pm and then 1am. I guess the more feedings should help sleep we shall see
  • Options
    Oh, yes, they will grow up quick! Sometimes I get overwhelmed thinking "oh my word, this little human is completely dependant on mee for the foreseeable future!" And then I realize how cool that is and I can enjoy it. :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He slept 5 1/2 hours! Too bad I'm still on his usual schedule and couldn't sleep after 3 hours. I'm not sure if he cries in his sleep or it he just wakes up and cries for a few seconds and goes back to sleep. That was happening on and off from about 3:30. Every time I heard that and jumped up to check on him, he was still sleeping. That's one of the reasons I couldn't sleep. The other night, even though I had to feed him around 3 am, I got him to go neck to sleep pretty quickly after he was done. I usually have to wait a bit before laying him down because he spits up a lot. Even though I have been breastfeeding him more, I just starting supplementing with a formula for spitting up. Fit the first night trying it, I can say there was an improvement. 

Anyway, Dylan is 1 month of today. Hopefully this is beginning of some positive changes that will make the schedule a little easier. 
  • Options
    Pia does that too @lynnnj, very annoying. Those nights I wished I had a camera, so I could stay in bed and check instead of getting out of bed to check.
    Its way less than it was, so I believe there is progress, and I can mostly tell the difference now to a real cry and a sleeping cry.
    And way to go on sleeping 5,5 hours! He's only a month and did that, very nice! You'll soon get the hang of it too.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @LynnNJ yay for longer stretches of sleep! Now u just need it too. Eli is the loudest sleeper. I wake up all of the time hearing his grunting and he is just sleeping away! We tried a formula for spit up but it made his gas even worse. I'd rather him spit up bc it doesn't bother him. Lol.

i got Eli to sleep in his crib for almost 8 hours last night. It was in 2 shifts but I will take it. Especially since it was our first night back at home!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pia spits up too @griffin5413, but she doesn't turn her head and this morning she had her dummy in and kept it in and was almost choking. Freaked me out!
    It's a new thing, she had before but not as bad as she has it now. Happens mostly if she drinks frustrating..but it can take a while before she spits up. 

Does Eli just let it run out or does he turns his head? Any special way you lay him in his crib?

• Options
    @Griffin5413 @LynnNJ that's awesome that you are getting longer stretches of sleep!!
    Riley has little sleep cries too that wake me up sometimes, but i always wait to hear more than one or one of his other signals before I get up. They really are the noisiest sleepers!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lynnnj I've had similar sleeping problems. When I wake up at 1am or 2 to feed her I have trouble falling asleep even though I'm so exhausted. 

Well im glad to know you're all starting some sort of classes early. My DH was making me feel crazy. Ha!
  • Options
    Pia and I are swimming together since she's 3 months @drove2u. Kids are like sponges, think you can't start to early :)

• Options
    That's awesome @tvh1982 yeah we're going to do swim lessons too at some point. 
    Our cardiologist told us we have to be careful about Viktoria getting sick now because of her heart. This really sucks because I want to take her everywhere. I realize she's a bit of a special case but how is everyone handling the germ/flu season with their little ones? Are you staying away from certain places? I don't take her to stores or malls but she does have a first bday party this Sunday and it's at a restaurant. My husband doesn't think we should take her because there will be other kids there. 
  • Options
    @Drove2u I've taken Riley out a couple of times to stores. I just leave the carseat canopy up so he has a barrier between him and people. It's not perfect, but it's something

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think about that at all :open_mouth: I take Pia everywhere.
    Pick up my nieces from school, one has her birthday Friday and Pia will be held by everyone I'm afraid.
    She's been ill at Xmas (we both were) sadly she doesn't get BF so she had to toughen it up, which she did brilliantly! 
    I hear some mothers say 'don't touch her face' to their children when they come and look at Pia and I think 'oh, should I be worried about that?' 
    Im hardly ever ill so I  forget to think about that.... :(

• Options
    I guess we hit our limit on good nights, or I jinxed us by bragging. Riley ate for an hour from midnight to one, and then would not settle,  so we are nursing again. He was making his fussy "I have gas" noises, so I was trying to wait it out, but then he started actually crying, so I needed to take him so DH could sleep.  Hoping another comfort feed for a little bit is all he needs 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie aww hope you guys got back to sleep! There were a few weeks where at least once during the night Eli would be wide awake for 1-2 hours. It's exhausting but it gets better!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 Thank you! We got to sleep around 2 and slept for 2.5 hours, so it's all good. I was worried it would be a cluster feed night, but we slept just fine after our mini struggle.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies. I've been mia for a few days sleep deprived and exhausted but have been trying to catch up on how everyone is doing. 

@dragonfaerie I feed Aiden in a rocking chair at night and have him lay on a nursing pillow. I have the my Brest friend pillow which I love. So he dozes off on it and sometimes so do I. I try to watch a show on my phone so I don't fall asleep but it's hard when I'm running on minimal sleep in general. We've had a few bad nights like yours too where Aiden starts cluster feeding around 7-8 pm and needs to nurse to fall asleep so I'm constantly nursing. 

So lately we are battling going to sleep at night and it's getting bad. He sleeps perfectly fine during the day but once 9 pm rolls around he starts throwing a fit. It takes a good 1-2 hours to get him to go to sleep and then he's up again by midnight to eat again. If I start changing his diaper after a feeding, his eyes open up fully and he's wide awake. Sometimes he throws a fit during the diaper change too and then won't go to sleep again. I try to comfort nurse which is a hit or miss. He'll either fall asleep after an hour or start screaming again the minute I hit the bed :tired_face:. Anyone else has gone through this and has some tips on how to get him to fall asleep without a fight? 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    Instead of changing his diaper after feeding, try before or during (as of take a break from feeding, change and feed again)
    Do you need to change every time you feed? I wake up Pia at 11 to do a dreamfeed. I either change her before or during. Then if she wakes at 3 I don't change her and neither at 6 (unless of course she pooped) she gets s new diaper at 8/9 ish. Have started to give her a size up in diaper at night, as it's pretty full in the morning. But it's to avoid that she wakes up.
    I see Aiden is up again at midnight. Maybe do a dreamfeed before that? Catch him before he is hungry and has a change to wake?
    I know it's a short period in between, but that has worked for me. 
    Pia too gets fussy in the evening and doesn't really relaxes bathing, but I now have put her on a pillow instead of holding her and don't fill her bathtub, but have the shower head over her and I had one relaxed little girl which made it easier as she was much calmer to put down (I do still rock her to sleep though, but just the first sleep for the night, the other ones she's passed out from drinking)

• Options
    @tulips29 I'm not breastfeeding so can't say anything there but with bottle feeding I also used to change before at first. But then she would poop in the middle of feeding and I would have to change again and she wouldn't fall asleep. So then I would change after and she again wouldn't fall aslee. I know change her halfway through feeding and that seems to work. This parenting thing is such trial and error. Ha!! 
  • Options
    Also happy valentines girls!! We're having a grandparents visit today and then me and DH are going out for some sushi and wine. Our first night out. What's everyone's plans? 
  • Options
    @tvh1982 hmm so you're saying feed at 9 pm and then maybe around 11. I can try that tonight and see if that works. I hate waking him up on my own but if that helps I'm all for it. Changing him before a feeding doesn't work because when he wakes up to eat he starts screaming right away and I have to quickly stick a boob in before he completely goes bonkers. He's such a loud screamer! But I can try changing mid feeding too if he allows me. He poops every few hours so I'd feel terrible not changing him after a feeding because 99% of the time he's got a poopy diaper. 

@Griffin5413 it is totally a trial and error. As soon as I feel like I got into a groove and figured him out he changes things up on us and we're back to sqauare one. Good for you for having a night out tonight! Enjoy it. We're probably going to go out to dinner over the weekend when my inlaws can come over and watch Aiden for a few hours. I really need a drink too! I know I can have a glass of wine here and there and still breastfeed but my husband is against it thinking I'll pass too much alcohol through the milk. Hey, at least I can enjoy any sushi I want now. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    Yes, give it a try at 9 and then at 11. Just don't wake wake him at the 11. Pick him up and slightly wake him enough to grab your boob. 
    Definitely don't wait feeding if he goes bonkers. It's not easy with these little ones. Mid feed might help. I sometimes give Pia a few sips so she calms down to change her. It might be easier with bottle feeding, but my mum gave me this tip and she did breastfeeding, but had calm babies..

Thats so nice that you can have a valentines date @drove2u! Enjoy that to the max!!

Here it is a calm Valentine's Day. I got a present from my mum as she does every year. But no secret admirer :(
    Did see a really handsome guy at the supermarket, but with a screaming baby on my arms I doubt I looked appealing to him lol (although I've had proper sleep since 3 days, so didn't look like a zombie!)

• Options
    Ladies I have been busy sorry haven't chatted lately. My parents watched the girls for us on Sunday and we were able to do errands and have a nice late lunch. I do feel weird that Valentine's Day and our anniversary is tomorrow that we can't go anywhere. But hopefully next year. Last year I took my freedom for granted. I'd take the girls out if there weren't so many germs. 
    @Tulips29 I change their diapers before I bottlefeed them. Naps during the day were hard today and I'm hoping tonight isn't the same
  • Options
    Oghh I totally missed this thread and posted in the old one :) So good to see everyone is doing well. We are back in NY and I am back to my regular internet access.
  • Options
    Saw your other post @zoefer, lovely to read you had a nice time. Lara is adorable.
    No fun that you had to start working again. I probably would to be in tears.
    Id like to do a study, yet I'm terrified to leave Pia for two evenings. How ridiculous is that. (Specially since I had her gone a whole night, but that was at my mums...there isn't a better place then that!)

• Options
    This might be a weird question, especially since we all dealt with infertility, but is anyone taking any birth control post birth? I'm going to ask my doctor at my 6 week checkup next week if it's even needed since I don't ovulate on my own, hence my reason for doing IVF, but I've heard of people being able to get pregnant post fertility struggles. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 my ob asked me if I wanted to go on birth control never thought about it. They also stressed concern that if you have csection they don't want you to get pregnant for a year or something like that I didn't pay attention because I'm done after these two girlies 
  • Options
    @ultratomato hmm, what's the reason for waiting a year to get pregnant again after a c-section? I'll ask my doctor about that, but I'm hoping it's possible to get pregnant sooner. We have 1 embryo left on ice, so I'd love to use it soon-ish and given our little boy a sibling if it works out. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 I will be starting the minipill in a couple of weeks. Since we have more embabies, we want to ensure we don't conceive naturally. I think the reason for waiting a year after a c-section is so that all the layers of muscle etc. can fully heal. VBACs are more common and possible these days, but not if you aren't healed.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie ah, makes sense about the healing first. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...