Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend Randoms 2/3/17

124»

Re: Weekend Randoms 2/3/17

• Loading the player...
  • @jsnakehole that's just bullshit. Those situations just never work out. How about sending them a card instead? 
  • @jsnakehole like @antoto said just brag about all the sleep you're getting. 
    Kidding, I agree that you need to protect yourself, don't talk to that crazy, your husband can call.
  • @jsnakehole I second @cdnrunning and say send a card! 
  • Ummm so back to the leggings convo... skirted leggings are a thing now? Looks so... 80s?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 what the hell are skirted leggings?!?
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @BertieMeetsGertie They are leggings with a built in skirt! I just saw them on Zulily and Amazon. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know that I'm not just being super selfish by not wanting to call. I might text the guy to say congrats and throw in that I know how busy they must be so I don't want to take up their time with a call. I know it's important to my husband that I extend olive branches to his friends, so I feel like this is a good compromise. And my husband can send a gift (she's one of those 'my daughter will never wear pink!' types...which makes me so tempted to send some frilly pink dresses).

@NYTino24 I don't know how I feel about that. I love the comfort of leggings, and a skirt to make them dressier? That kind of sounds like something I would be into, but I'm not sure.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @jsnakehole He can send a card himself! No need to associate with people like that, even if it's DH's friend's GF.

• @jsnakehole I am late to the party but I agree with PP, protect your heart and sanity. DH can call and say congrats for both of you or you can just send a text. That's probably what I would do. Also, go for it, send the most girly pink frilly dress you can find!

@NYTino24 I need a picture of these skirted leggings... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 I googled them:

I can imagine these being convenient for when I have to do things with my husband's family (they're Orthodox Jews) and I need some extra modesty.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• NYTino24 said:
    @BertieMeetsGertie They are leggings with a built in skirt! I just saw them on Zulily and Amazon. 
    I saw them at Nordstrom the other day... ::shudder::
  • @jsnakehole - Jumping on team "DH can congratulate them himself". Take care of you first!

I'm also team anti-"skirted leggings" because they make my eyes and soul hurt.
  • Why are skirted leggings a thing. Just no. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @jsnakehole Ugh, that is the worst! Sorry you have to deal with that.

I agree with PPs though -- you aren't obligated to do stuff like this if you know it's going to end this way. You'll get there eventually, but if it's too hard in the meantime...

• @jsnakehole seriously good for you for being the bigger person. People can be so thoughtless. I'm sorry it bit you in the butt. 
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited February 2017
    Oh my goodness, my DH just made a great point...and it was pretty adorable. I am not a fan of the Super Bowl because I don't like football. But I do watch the commercials.

The Super Bowl babies commercial came on (they started doing it a few years ago) and DH said..."hey, we could have a Super Bowl baby"

I am 99% certain I will O today or tomorrow. Crossing my fingers so bad right now for a Super Bowl baby!!!!!

ETA: 

For those who do not know the reference: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqekigARfE
  • @jsnakehole Way to be the better person! So impressed!

@dragonfly87 FX you get a Super Bowl baby!!

Random and sorry to be vague about this but I'm so upset right now, MILs can be the worst and so selfish!! I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful relationship with your MIL and zero percent like the one I have with mine. 
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• heatherdubrow said: no
    NYTino24 said:
    @BertieMeetsGertie They are leggings with a built in skirt! I just saw them on Zulily and Amazon. 
    I saw them at Nordstrom the other day... ::shudder::
    I really don't understand who thinks this is a thing.