Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Success stories related to chemical pregnancy

Hi all

I just found out I had a chemical pregnancy. I was hoping I could get some success stories regarding getting pregnant after having a cp. Any storie are greatly appreciated. 

Re: Success stories related to chemical pregnancy

• Options
    *TW: LC Mentioned*

So sorry for your loss ... I had my first loss (a CP at 4w6d) almost a month ago. This would have been my second child (I have a 17-month-old son). It was devastating. Just because it was early on doesn't make it hurt any less (and I found it was even harder since my husband really doesn't understand as he hadn't even seen the baby on an ultrasound yet and wasn't really attached yet).

While I don't have a success story yet of getting pregnant after a CP, I can tell you that I ovulated right on time as usual a few weeks after my CP and am now awaiting Aunt Flow in the next few days (I temp/chart, so I was able to pinpoint my ovulation). That in itself has given me hope that my body has bounced back and when we do start trying again, my body will be ready.

My doctor recommended waiting one cycle (to get AF) before TTC again, but we're waiting to try again until June for other reasons. I have read that CPs are fairly common, and that having one miscarriage doesn't make your chances of having a healthy baby the next time around any less.

Sending you hugs, and if you have any questions, feel free to private message me or reply back. It does get easier to cope with as each day passes ... time heals and you need to go through the grieving process. Thinking about you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. 

**TW-LC mentioned**

I had two CPs prior to having my daughter. The first was 13 months prior to conceiving her and the 2nd was 2 months prior. I had a pretty normal healthy pregnancy with gestational hypertension in the third trimester. She is 14 months old and I suffered a MMC in December at 10 weeks, so I'm also hoping for a rainbow baby. While I know it happens, it's a struggle to stay hopeful while TTC after loss. Be kind to yourself, it's going to take time to process and grieve. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tvisram I'm sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    MommyampMommyamp member
    edited February 2017
    I had my second mc, first cp loss on 1/9/17. I'm on cd25 and still waiting for O (I chart). How soon you ovulate after cp will vary from person to person. I did get pregnant with a rainbow baby 2 cycles after my previous loss (10 week mmc)though so I'm hoping I get lucky as quickly again after this loss.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. after 3 cps in a row I would also like to hear some success stories! But probably you will find more on the Pregnant After a Loss board 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    I didn't get pregnant after my cp in March, but I did get pregnant right after my blighted ovum m/c back in 2011. I have a healthy, smart, & sassy 5 yo DD. It is definitely possible, so hang in there
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum