Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Here again.

I am going through a CP.  I had a cornual ectopic on 9/21/16.  It took over 100 days to get my HCG back to 0.  I got AF 3.5 weeks later.  I ovulate on CD 14 as usual so I thought I was back on track.  I got "AF" spotting on 6-8DP but thought it may have been implantation bleeding because I never get spotting and it was super early for AF.  At 8-11DPO I had AF bleeding and I was pretty sure it was AF.  BUT I felt very off the entire time from 6-11DPO.  I had nausea, headaches, dizziness and bad gas the entire time.  These were scarily similar to the symptoms before my ectopic.  I began panicking and decided to POAS yesterday around lunch and to my dismay it was faintly positive.  I was convinced I was having an ectopic and then very bad cramps came next.  By then I was sure my tube was bursting.  BUT, I passed 4 nickel-sized clots on the way to the DR.  The cramping stopped almost immediately.  My DR is convinced it was an early miscarriage and did a blood draw.  I didn't feel right that they didn't give me an US considering my prior ectopic.  So, I am going back in tomorrow for another blood draw and US.  I am a little bit more at ease thinking it's a miscarriage and not an ectopic, although both suck right now. I just can't believe this is happening again.  I thought the ectopic was just a crazy turn of bad luck, but now this.  I am terrified of ttc again and might bench myself for a while so I can ease my anxiety.  I won't really know my status until tomorrow so all I gotta do is make it through the night without letting fear  (and googling) take over.  I really don't think I can go through another ectopic again.  Worst 4 months of my life.

What drives me the most crazy is that I never had a repeat US after my first ectopic so I am forming crazy hypothesis in my head that somehow that one didn't resolve the way it was intended to and that resulted in this loss.  

Re: Here again.

• @justsuzie I hate that you're going through this. I hope that your doctor can give you some answers tomorrow. So many hugs!
  • @justsuzie girl , I know it sucks. Google is not your friend rt now. Tomorrow is almost here. Positive thoughts. Keep us updated. Will be thinking of you 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Loading the player...
  • Thinking of you and sending you hugs :(
  • @justsuzie Let us know how the draw goes. Praying for you.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Thank you all.  US showed no ectopic. SO relieved. Dr said we could ttc again right away but we are going to wait a month.  Thank you all for the support.  Lonely process when nobody IRL knows. 
  • @justsuzie great news from us. Still frustrating and sucky. I hear you on the loneliness. Hope you have a relaxing weekend !! Go spoil yourself 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• So sorry to hear that you are going through this again. 
  • Good news about the ultrasound! Everything I've read about cornual resolution seems like the week after, there is paradoxal growth in the sac size by about .25", then at 3 months it shrinks only to 75% of the original size, and then sometime between the 3rd & 6th month it's absorbed entirely. 

I just had my first beta draw post-cornual procedure today. Heavy cramping & bleeding started yesterday after a week of spotting. I requested the Ortho Evra patch or Nuva Ring to have on hand for when I'm ready these next 3 post-methotrexate months.

I am so sorry you got blindsided by a chemical though. It's just not fair. I'm really glad it wasn't worse in that you were scared of a repeat ectopic.

Take all the time you need and be kind to yourself.
  • justsuziejustsuzie member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you all.  Just glad I don't have to have any more betas done!  I'm not going to stress this one.  I am going to look forward to tcc again and actually go about it the ntnop method.  

*ntnp
  • I'm so sorry for your loss :(
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • @justsuzie. Shitty that's it's a chemical but at least it wasn't ectopic. I know good news will come to you soon!
  • Sorry to hear! Good for you for looking forward to ttc. I am trying to focus on that myself. It is not an easy thing to do.
  • Thank you all again.  Waking up and not temping and charting was scary but I am so less stressed!
  • So sorry for you loss! So happy to see you finding ways to lessen your stress!
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum