September 2017 Moms

Opinions? Pain in abdomin

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I also have an ultrasound tomorrow.  I'm having some pain just left of center in my abdomin spanning from the top of my belly button to my ribs.  I'm pretty sure i have an umbilical hernia from my last pg. Could this be round ligament pain or do you think it's hernia pain?  I'm trying not to freak out, but it's making me very anxious.  Thanks for your help! 

Re: Opinions? Pain in abdomin

• From what I've read and experienced myself, round ligament pain is more around the hip area, so I'm not sure the area you are describing is round ligament pain, but I really don't know enough to say. Can you call your doctor?
  • I figured is to 2 early for pain that high, but hoping it's not a hernia.  Could it be gas pain?  I've been very gassy today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Could be, try laying on your right side, then your back, then your left side for 5 minutes each. See if that makes the pain better (gas movement) 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  •  Have you had any other issues? Like constipation, diarrhea, etc. It's a difficult thing to pinpoint because there are so many different things that can cause that type of abdominal pain. I truly hope it's nothing major and not a hernia! Let us know what you find out. 
  • I tried laying on both sides before posting this with no relief.  After I tried on my stomach and had some burps (sorry, tmi). It feels noticeably better, so hopefully that was it. I feel so dumb now.    
  • Hey don't worry about it, gas pain gets me all the time. The other day we got Mexican food and I ate the whole thing of chips and beans and that night I was in soooooooo much pain. 
  • Hey don't worry about it, gas pain gets me all the time. The other day we got Mexican food and I ate the whole thing of chips and beans and that night I was in soooooooo much pain. 
    Thank you.  I'd say I'm glad I'm not the only one, but that gas pain really hurt and I can't happy anyone gets it.  This is my 4th, you'd think I'd remember these things.  My youngest is almost 5 and asparagus I've forgotten a lot. 
  • I'm sorry but I totally just cracked up that you got auto corrected to asparagus lol  :D this is my second and things are almost completely different so I can imagine every single pregnancy is different! Even if it's your fourth or twenty fourth! Well maybe by 24 you'd have a few similar pregnancies lol. 
  • Lol, asparagus.   :D
  • I could be heartburn, gas, anything really. I'd discuss it with your doctor if you're concerned it could be a hernia.

• Not so much this week but a few weeks ago I got horrendous gas pain almost every morning.  Do you find that you need to pass gas when the pain comes?
  • Or bloating.  When I get bloated it is sometimes painful.
  • It hurt on and off overnight, but is feeling fine today.  I think it was just really bad gas pain.