Trying to Get Pregnant

8 days late!!

mzungumamamzungumama member
edited February 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
EDIT Has anyone been 8 days late with a negative test? Wondering if I need to go to a free clinic since I don't have insurance or if this can be common?

Ladies I need some input. I have 32 day cycles. The last 8 months have been 32 days consistently instead of my usual 28 days before then-ever since I stopped breastfeeding. So I had my first day of my period December 24th. We only DTD once on day 26 (Jan 18th). I was suppose to start my period Jan 24th but I'm 8 days late. I'm only 13 days since we DTD...but negative pregnancy tests. What is going on?!! Is there still a chance of late implantation and it's too early to test because we DTD so late? Maybe I ovulated really late (I have PCOS but always have regular periods). Please don't say it's "stress" because I've had much more stressful times in my life - I'm happy with life and with my marriage and kids and job so it's not because of stress. Or what else could possibly make my period so late?? I've going crazy! Also I've been more wet down there (clear and odorless)...

Re: 8 days late!!

• Ladies I need some input. I have 32 day cycles. The last 8 months have been 32 days consistently instead of my usual 28 days before then-ever since I stopped breastfeeding. So I had my first day of my period December 24th. We only DTD once on day 26 (Jan 18th). I was suppose to start my period Jan 24th but I'm 8 days late. I'm only 13 days since we DTD...but negative pregnancy tests. What is going on?!! Is there still a chance of late implantation and it's too early to test because we DTD so late? Maybe I ovulated really late (I have PCOS but always have regular periods). Please don't say it's "stress" because I've had much more stressful times in my life - I'm happy with life and with my marriage and kids and job so it's not because of stress. Or what else could possibly make my period so late?? I've going crazy! Also I've been more wet down there (clear and odorless)...
    QFP

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Loading the player...
  • We don't have insurance right now. I'm just trying to figure out if I should be testing positive by now (13 days after DTD) or if I need to go to a free clinic to see what's up. It's weird that I'm a week late but getting negative tests. Wondering if anyone else has been this late and tested positive later on?
  • EDIT Has anyone been 8 days late with a negative test? Wondering if I need to go to a free clinic since I don't have insurance or if this can be common?

Ladies I need some input. I have 32 day cycles. The last 8 months have been 32 days consistently instead of my usual 28 days before then-ever since I stopped breastfeeding. So I had my first day of my period December 24th. We only DTD once on day 26 (Jan 18th). I was suppose to start my period Jan 24th but I'm 8 days late. I'm only 13 days since we DTD...but negative pregnancy tests. What is going on?!! Is there still a chance of late implantation and it's too early to test because we DTD so late? Maybe I ovulated really late (I have PCOS but always have regular periods). Please don't say it's "stress" because I've had much more stressful times in my life - I'm happy with life and with my marriage and kids and job so it's not because of stress. Or what else could possibly make my period so late?? I've going crazy! Also I've been more wet down there (clear and odorless)...
    Echoing what others have said.

Any number of things can cause you to ovulate late or not at all, not only stress. Especially if you have PCOS. Hormones are a tricky thing.

All you can do is wait and see, we cannot tell you anything that a HPT cannot tell you. If you are really concerned, go see a medical professional.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Generally you don;t have to see a doctor until you've gone more that 60 days without a period. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• OP as you have been told its against the TOU to ask if you are pregnant.  You ovulated later than you though.
       Get a thermometer and track your temps. at the very least it will give you a clue. Lurk more and learn!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Do yourself the biggest favor of your TTC life and read the Newbie Guide at the top of this board. 
  • Welcome! Periods can be late for a whole host of reasons besides stress or pregnancy, especially if you have pcos.  

As others said, read the pinned posts and keep testing until you get a +, af, or 60 days. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • This thread has been closed. Please do not ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"