July 2017 Moms

GTKY: Username and Avatar

2»

Re: GTKY: Username and Avatar

• Mine is my dog's first and middle name, Purple Pumpernickel. The avatar is her photo as a puppy (why can't they stay that tiny?!)
  • My nickname and my birthday. Not very original. No avatar because I can't figure out how to get one! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The inspiration for my username is super dorky. Clio is the Greek muse of history and I'm a history professor. Avatar is a picture of our fam from a while ago.
  • @kat0607 I love the aristocats!  I taught piano lessons for a long time and I'd always sing the "scales and arpeggios" song for my students, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chiquita928 I love this! I meant to start this a while ago and completely forgot. So much fun.

My SN is from one of my favorite running shirts - I liked the saying run, rest, repeat! Ironically, my avatar is a photo I took last year while we were on a bike ride across our state so it has nothing to do with running. Oops.
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Mine is something I came up with because I love to sing (as a hobby) and live in the city. Super creative! Lol. My avatar is this huge street art piece a few blocks from my apt of a woman that says "City of Dreams". I loved it and thought it was fitting. :) 
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DarkSerendipity - I'm a writer, and tend toward the darker side of the muse.
    My avatar is of Elphaba, my favorite iteration of the Wicked Witch.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Love this thread. My user name is just my nickname. the "1" is just because "Rae" was taken lol. Avatar is DH holding my bouquet on our wedding day. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @yellow1daisy I am a chemist as well! What type of work do (did) you do?

Mine is from when I joined the bump a long time ago.  I am from Georgia and I was getting married.  The 6912 was the day of our wedding/ the day of our anniversary.  June 9, 2012

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Eliza is my middle name. The "oh" in front of it is a reference to a line in traditional New Orleans song "Little Liza Jane." 44 is my lucky number. :)
  • yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited February 2017
    @GeorgiaWife6912 in grad school I was mostly into analytical chemistry but I dabbled a bit in medicinal chemistry. Did my thesis on gold compounds in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
    Ended up working in QA at a company I don't want to say too much about and give myself away. But I mostly did paperwork and HATED IT. The company was working to find me a position in research and development to get me in a lab since they didn't want me to go but I just decided to put my career on hold indefinitely (my husband makes more than enough so working would have been for fulfillment if I needed it but I was so unhappy at the time I just said eff it).  How about you?

edit: tagged the wrong person  :#
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Oh I'm boring ladies! My SN is parts of my name and my avatar is a picture from dd first birthday/cake smash. 
  • My SN is the name of an old D&D character.  The first forum I joined was an RPG forum, and I've just taken the handle with me to other boards.  If you didn't know already, I'm a giant nerd.

My avatar is the concept design I had for the tattoo I got in memory of my daughter.  The real tattoo is pretty similar, but has a black border at the recommendation of the artist.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @yellow1daisy You sound like my husband. If we're watching a show, he always points out if something is wrong, or doesn't work that way, or there is a plot hole. It both adds and detracts from the experience, but the longer I'm married to him the more I find it cute and funny and endearing rather than annoying. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited February 2017
    Lol @CarsonsMommy can't say I know how to make meth! Never looked into it haha. But the body dissolving definitely sticks in my mind as one of those 'uh...absolutely not' moments. 

Had to edit because bump ate half of it. 

• @yellow1daisy my background is in analytical chemistry as well. I currently work in a plant doing water chemistry and purification (large scale). I hate it but my husband lived in this area when we got married and it was all I could find. 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• I'm sorry you hate it @GeorgiaWife6912 I know from experience working a job you don't enjoy sucks donkey balls. I hope you can make a change at some point. 

• @yellow1daisy TV shows and movies try to get away with so much when you really know a subject!  My mom was a L&D nurse and she always scoffs at the size of babies they show because they're always showing 2-5 month old babies as newborns.  Now I can't help but notice it ALL the time.  I love Call the Midwife and they almost always have giant "newborn" babies.  *sigh*

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline I notice it too, but I think I would judge a show that used actual newborns a lot harder.  At least on CTM they muck them up a bit so they look more like newborns.  I always laugh at the shows where babies are born freshly bathed.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited February 2017
    @Xath Yes! That too! I definitely agree.  Newborns don't need to be dealing with that.  :D Yes!  They are born with a little blood and goop on them usually in CTM.  Sometimes they're really clean with hardly any vernix at all on the show and it makes me laugh, but they do a pretty good job and I still love it!

Edit for clarity

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yellow1daisy TV shows and movies try to get away with so much when you really know a subject!  My mom was a L&D nurse and she always scoffs at the size of babies they show because they're always showing 2-5 month old babies as newborns.  Now I can't help but notice it ALL the time.  I love Call the Midwife and they almost always have giant "newborn" babies.  *sigh*
    Wow, I happened to catch the Sex and the City episode yesterday with Miranda's L&D - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish HA! That baby is huuuuge!

Pregnancy Ticker