July 2017 Moms

TW Tuesday

Hopefully no one minds me starting this one. I didn't even see it last week. 

So my TW today goes out to the weather. For three weeks now, every day that I have chosen as grocery day has snowed. Majorly enough to possibly mess with the roads. I specifically planned to go today so I could get the soup at Panera that I've been craving for a week that wasn't available yesterday, so I intentionally planned and waited for today to go to the grocery store. AND IT'S SNOWING. Early then it was supposed to. It was only supposed to be an inch, and it's already all over the road and piling up. Part of me wants to go out anyways, weather be damned, and part of me feels like I should be more careful since me falling/getting in an accident would be so much worse. But I have like no food. And there is so much that I was looking forward to getting. I hate the weather, I hate that they can't predict it right, and I especially hate that it feels like Mother Nature is out to get me recently. It always snows on the most inconvenient days. 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: TW Tuesday

• Milk. That's right. We recently just switched my 1 year over to milk. Well holy shit. He's constipated. He screams for 3 hours while he's trying to poop and then when he does poop it's beige and he's had a mental breakdown! We have an appt this morning at 1040. The weird thing is, is he was on normal formula so I have no idea what's going on. I have an iffy relationship with milk though too..guess we will see!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mtownhespes
    Oh you do not take a pregnant woman's food. Straight up crazy. 

@Babybump2 Good luck at the doctor! That is weird that he was on milk based formula but now he can't do straight milk. Hope you can work it out! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited January 2017
    @BabyBump2 this may just be a transitional thing while your baby adjusts to the milk. We had some issues when we switched my daughter (though constipation wasn't too bad she still pooped just FIRMER(edit from not as firm as) than usual but the color definitely changed to a scary pale color). It took a short week to week and a half and she started digesting it just fine. 

ETA: we did give her some almond milk and tigernut milk at the same time that we introduced the animal milk and it may have helped in giving her body a break while she adjusted. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @yellow1daisy I remember poops of every color, I swear!  

@BabyBump2I'm sure it's just an adjustment to all the proteins.  Your LO will get used to it.  If you used milk-based formula, its likely not an allergy.
  • @BabyBump2 poor baby that sounds awful. GL at the dr!
    @kerils damn mother nature. I am inside all day in the office so the snow looks super pretty. Sorry she is a bitch for you today. I hope you get some soup!

the TW of the day is ME! While this didn't happen today, I am still so annoyed at myself. Sunday night I was pulling into my parking garage with DH. We always jokingly fight about our parking techniques and he is so ocd about being in the lines, while I am usually trying to just fit in however I can. Well, this time, I adjusted the car to be funny and fit exactly in the lines (we were laughing about it). I don't even know what I was looking at but was definitely NOT looking at the car next to me and drove RIGHT into it doing damage. My giggles turned to sobs. I could not stop crying, which in hindsight is funny bc it's not really that big of a deal I guess. Anyway I left a note and the owners of the other car emailed saying they will send me a quote but they are not angry or anything.
    I can't wait for this quote....ugh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54  Ouch!  A least you were responsible about it!  I had someone back into my car in the parking lot at school, and then drive off.  Thank goodness we have cameras in the parking lot!  My administrators took it as a mission to find the culprit!  She was ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident, in addition to having her insurance pay for my damages!
  • BabyBump2 said:
    Milk. That's right. We recently just switched my 1 year over to milk. Well holy shit. He's constipated. He screams for 3 hours while he's trying to poop and then when he does poop it's beige and he's had a mental breakdown! We have an appt this morning at 1040. The weird thing is, is he was on normal formula so I have no idea what's going on. I have an iffy relationship with milk though too..guess we will see!
    My little one was on sensitive formula so we had to ease in. We mixed the milk with her formula one bottle at a time. For instance her afternoon bottle was 2 oz milk, 4 oz formula and then we increased to 4/2, then all 6 milk and moved on to the morning bottle. Now morning and afternoon are all milk and her night bottle (which is 8 oz) is 6/2 only because we still have one container left. 

Next we we switch to sippy cups. Pray for me. 
  • BabyBump2 said:
    Milk. That's right. We recently just switched my 1 year over to milk. Well holy shit. He's constipated. He screams for 3 hours while he's trying to poop and then when he does poop it's beige and he's had a mental breakdown! We have an appt this morning at 1040. The weird thing is, is he was on normal formula so I have no idea what's going on. I have an iffy relationship with milk though too..guess we will see!
    My little one was on sensitive formula so we had to ease in. We mixed the milk with her formula one bottle at a time. For instance her afternoon bottle was 2 oz milk, 4 oz formula and then we increased to 4/2, then all 6 milk and moved on to the morning bottle. Now morning and afternoon are all milk and her night bottle (which is 8 oz) is 6/2 only because we still have one container left. 

DS loved sippy cups because he could gnaw on the spout.  Gross, I know.
  • @chiquita928 That is so awful that she just drove off. Super uncool! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chiquita928 That is so awful that she just drove off. Super uncool! 
    She claimed she didn't know.  Definitely not possible.
  • BabyBump2 said:

She loves them when we use them for water. But she loves her babas. 
  • BabyBump2 said:

She loves them when we use them for water. But she loves her babas. 
    Aww.  <3  Good luck.
  • @chiquita928 hahaha omg some people. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am my own TW this week. I have no idea whats up with me but I am getting irrationally mad and upset about everything. I can feel myself slowly falling back into depression (mental health issues run rampant in my family) and I know that I need to go so my mental health doctor to get me on meds, they took me off my regular prescription when I got pregnant and have given me the option of finding a different med to be on while pregnant, but I keep trying to convince myself that I can handle it all myself. When in reality I know that I can't. I cried when DH got home last night from work for a good hour for no reason at all. It's been a rough week.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @cssme13 So sorry you're going through a down time. It's super great that you know yourself so well and know what will work for you going forward. Hopefully your week starts to improve in the meantime. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chiquita928 BAH! Those stupid yellow flags! Why is there not an "oops, didn't mean to open this" button?!
    @cssme13 PLEASE go talk to your doctor. Sometimes we cannot handle it on our own, and there is ZERO shame in asking for help. Take care of yourself!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @irishrose54
    Oh no! So glad to hear you are ok and that you left a note. I had someone hit the back of my car and pull part of my bumper up. No note, no nothing. Not only is it still not fixed to this day (cosmetic, so I don't really have to fix it) but I also get crap about it from family all the time. They refuse to believe that someone else did it. 

@cssme13 You're definitely not alone in this. I happen to have SAD, and while I'm handling it and it isn't a massive deal right now, I have had it much worse. ATM it's just a slightly less energy, slightly less clean house, more convenience meals type of deal. Never went on meds personally, but that's mostly because I'm stubborn. I probably would have benefited from them once or twice. My anxiety tends to replace my depression often enough that I don't stay in either one for too long. It's a fun time. Anyways, if you need to go to the doctor, do it. It's awesome that you know yourself well enough to know you need the meds. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @kerils I mean...it hurt to write the note bc I knew I was signing up for a possible big bill but I have to trust that these people are not total assholes and will be honest when giving the invoice. I also took pictures of the *minimal* damage to their car. Our car definitely got it way worse (and it is brand new so omg it HURT lol). 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 Omg it's even worse that your car is brand new. I actually backed into my mom's car in the driveway like a week after she got it (I think I was like 17). She was pulling it out so I could leave, it was way to early and I was way too tired to be driving a car. Or walking for that matter. Thankfully I didn't really damage it but she would not relent on me hitting her brand new car. I'm so sorry that happened. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited January 2017
    So we just got back from the doctors. She said she doesn't want him on whole milk (what we get from WIC) because he doesn't need the extra fat. I mean he is a big boy..he just turned 1 on the 9th and he was 28lbs. But I thought they needed the fats in the milk?!

edit to add a picture of his chunk ha ha
  • BabyBump2 said:
    So we just got back from the doctors. She said she doesn't want him on whole milk (what we get from WIC) because he doesn't need the extra fat. I mean he is a big boy..he just turned 1 on the 9th and he was 28lbs. But I thought they needed the fats in the milk?!

Our doc said whole milk only (24 lbs at 1 year) but every baby and doc is different. 
  • BabyBump2 said:

I love those chunky thighs!! But once he starts walking and running he'll really slim out so I'm surprised they said no whole milk actually! My boy was 27lbs at 12 months and now maintains 25lbs at 19 months so he lost 2 lbs because he's so active! But my son is still breastfed and has always had trouble straining and crying while passing a BM. I give him yogurt and watermelon at some point everyday and it helps TREMENDOUSLY!!! 
  • My TW goes to my very short torso. I'm 15 weeks 1 day and already uterus is at belly button. I know because it is hard mid BH contraction. Not sure where all I put DS last pregnancy.
  • @irishrose54 That was so considerate of you to leave a note!  I can't tell you how many times DH's car had been dinged and no one has ever left him a note.  I hope it isn't too expensive- you have good karma coming your way.

@BabyBump2 Sorry that the milk transition is rough.  DD would get tiny rashes around her mouth when we switched her over from breastfeeding at 12 months.  I was convinced she was going to need soy milk for her whole life but her doctor said that many kids have a very slight milk reaction at first and as long as there is no blood in the stool or severe allergic reaction, they should outgrow it by age 2!  She was totally fine after a few weeks.  Love that chunk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nktrodden826 he just recently started walking and his little leg rolls have started to disappear. It's so sad!!

@OperaSingerMommy I probably wouldn't worry about it so much, but it's the fact that he screams bloody murder and literally has to grab onto things. He looks like I imagine I looked in labor with him!
  • edited January 2017
    @BabyBump2 Oh no, poor kid!  Sorry you're dealing with that and I hope you find a good solution soon.  I never thought feeding a tiny human would be so complicated until having DD!

edited because clumsy thumbsy

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BabyBump2 They need the good fats from whole milk for continued brain development. The whole milk is not going to change your sons weight. He will be just fine, especially once he starts running around the house. Our pedi said to change to 2% at 18 months. Meh, all pediatricians are different. 
  • @Dcwtada I think she was worried about both? He's always been a big baby. 9lbs and 38w1d! And they always say he's supposed to triple his birth weight and he did!
  • @irishrose54 That was so considerate of you to leave a note!  I can't tell you how many times DH's car had been dinged and no one has ever left him a note.  I hope it isn't too expensive- you have good karma coming your way.

@BabyBump2 Sorry that the milk transition is rough.  DD would get tiny rashes around her mouth when we switched her over from breastfeeding at 12 months.  I was convinced she was going to need soy milk for her whole life but her doctor said that many kids have a very slight milk reaction at first and as long as there is no blood in the stool or severe allergic reaction, they should outgrow it by age 2!  She was totally fine after a few weeks.  Love that chunk!
    Yes! My little one would get what looked like pimples on both cheeks for about an hour after having milk in the beginning. Now she's fine. 
  • @cssme13 lots of hugs, you're not alone. I'm here if you need to talk. 

My dogs are TW. They're both neutered and they're both still assholes. They growl and bark constantly, and they get on my nerves. My dog isn't 2 yet and he's seriously like a child. My DH'S dog and I DO NOT get along for reasons I won't go into right now. He gets aggressive if you do anything that hurts him, I even have to muzzle him when I take him to work so he won't bite the vets or techs. He's really a bad dog, and grumpy as hell. 
  • @BabyBump2 DS1 was not chubby at all but put on 2% because he ate so much full fat dairy and other heathy fats the pediatrician said it would be fine. My DD1 and DS2 are on whole milk because they need all the fat they can get and are not as great of eaters.

My TW is the guy who cut around me in the school zone this am, yes I was going 20mph but kids were getting off the buses and out of parents cars just across the way, who does that!!!!! Also to the snow that started 1 hour early while I was still in target with 3 kids. 
  • @cssme13 I just want you to know I'm thinking of you and lots of big hugs! We are all here for you and there's no shame in getting the help you need!
  • @BabyBump2 I obviously don't know all about your son but the rational behind whole milk like PPs have said is that the fats are needed for neural development. That being said, hopefully your pediatrician has a good rationale for recommending 2%! 

@cssme13 I want to echo all the others by saying you are not alone! Definitely speak with your doctor. As someone who has dealt with depression in the past, I can only imagine how you are feeling and the desire to not be on medications while pregnant but a healthy mama(both mentally and physically) makes for a healthy baby! And the fact that your doctor would make plans for one of the safer meds should be encouraging. I hope you are able to find what you need. And we are all here for you ❤️ Feel free to pm me at any time if you'd like. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• My TW is the rude woman who stood in front of the doorway waiting to board as I was getting off the train. She wouldn't move so I tried to push past her. She just straight up shoved me HARD.  because I had a backpack and carrying a suitcase, I almost fell over. 

I'd been back in New York for all of ten minutes. It never takes me long to remember why I moved away. 
  • @cssme13 *Creepy internet hugs!*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BabyBump2 my son was 9lbs 6oz when he was born at 38 weeks. Besides some hiccups the first month of his life because he couldn't stomach breastmilk or 99% of formula which resultes in him actually lost close to 2 lbs he has always been at the 99 percentile for height and weight. They actually tested him for diabetes when he was born because he was so big. 

I ended up change pediatricians when he was a couple months old, I never liked my doctor with my daughter but I didn't know if that was just the way it was and switching would be nothing but a headache and being in an exact same situation. Nope!! I had a doctor that used common sense and didn't live off standards and charts - this doctor uses them as a guide. Twice my original pediatrician wanted me to start Early Intervention with my daughter because she was lagging on some milestones (pulling herself up, walking) even though she never was outside of the normal range just on the end of it. Now please understand I am not against being proactive at all or early intervention but it was obvious my daughter was fine, she had a lack of motivation and perhaps I held her too much but it was obvious she was developmentally appropriate just not as interested in moving around. I love having a doctor now that actually understands and sees my children for who they are not only where they fall on a chart.