December 2016 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 1.30.17

1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?

2.  What is your fitness goal this week?

3.  Any challenges this week?

4.  How did you do with your goals last week?

5.  GTKY:  What's your favorite thing about how your DH/SO parents your child(ren)?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 1.30.17

• 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week? Eat well and get back to eating mainly. I am back to work so I can plan meals better. I didn't eat horribly on leave, but never really ate - so that wasn't good.

2.  What is your fitness goal this week? Workout each weekday, at least Monday through Thursday

3.  Any challenges this week? Adjusting back to working. DS started daycare and I started working. My mom came over yesterday to watch DS while I worked out, and DH has no issues with me doing that and he can hang out with DS. After a Bridesmaid dress I tried on Sunday zipped up back when I bought it (I was more than 20 weeks along), I am concerned... so, I need to get my workouts in (and eating well).

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? Don't think I had any, but did workout most days.

5.  GTKY:  What's your favorite thing about how your DH/SO parents your child(ren)? Still fairly new to parenting, but they bond later in the evening when DH stays up with DS for his last feeding. Now that DS interacts more, I think DH is more excited about that - more than just holding and having a baby just stare... he at least smiles more now and seems to acknowledge us more.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Drink more tea, it helps curb my sugar cravings. I want a doughnut like crazy right now.

2. Go for a real walk! I've been walking up our driveway, it's this huge hill, I mean the neighborhood sledding spot huge. By the time I get to the top I am already getting winded. I really need to go to the park, or somewhere that isn't the giant hill!

3. Mondays are rough, we stay up late on Sunday to hang out because DH leaves for the airport first thing in Mondays. So I usually get 3-5 hours of sleep total that night, which means I'm useless on Mondays. 

4. Great!! I went for walks at indoor places because it was rainy. I have also been running up my stairs when not holding LO, squatting regularly, and using my core muscles (big deal for c-section recovery!).

5. Even though he travels a lot, DH is involved. He asks DDs about school, gets details, encourages critical thinking and helps build their confidence. With DS, he loves to hold him, talk to him, and play. He even offers to burp him. He plays with the kids when he has time. When DH is out of town, he makes sure to FaceTime with the kids everyday. His involvement as a father makes me proud, it's something that I didn't have from my dad, so I know how important it is. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers