August 2017 Moms

Pregnant After Recurrent Loss

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and reluctant to post because of my fear of jinxing anything (something I hear is common in women who become pregnant after MC). I've had 3 MC's and 1 chemical pregnancy. I'm currently 9w4d. I was put on leave from my job due to a subchorionic bleed. So far, it looks as if it has resolved. 

I'm supposed to go back to work in mid-Feb and I'm terrified. My main concern is that I'm a nurse and my job is stressful and requires a lot of heavy lifting, pushing and pulling, which is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Are there other nurses out there who are high risk? All my MC's occurred when I was working. Granted, this is the furthest I've come and I don't want anything to go wrong. I have no living children and all I want is to have my Rainbow Baby.

I'm in need of some positive vibes, tips, personal stories, anything to help me relax.

Sending love to all of you. 

Re: Pregnant After Recurrent Loss

• I'm not a nurse, but am a veterinarian. I also have a SCH. Minus the bleeds, things are going well. Hope to see you more in the PGAL thread!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I'm not a nurse but also work in a relatively stressful (though not physically demanding) job - I'm an attorney. I mainly wanted to share my story of recurrent losses and an SCH with a positive outcome. I had 4 consecutive losses (2 MC, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical) and was then diagnosed with a SCH in my 5th pregnancy. That SCH resolved (it bled out) and I now have a 16 month old with another on the way (and things are looking good for this one, too). I really hope that you likewise get your rainbow baby with your 5th pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm off no help but I wish you the very best and hope this will be your rainbow baby! :smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @a2003tiger Thank you for replying, I hope to contribute more in the thread and to get to know everyone. 

@branbruen Thank you for sharing your experiences. Working a stressful job surely doesn't help, but you're giving me hope so I thank you again. 

@pbandjyummies Thank you very much for the thoughts :smile:
  • I'm of no help either, but welcome, and I'll be praying for you and your rainbow!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't have a physical job either, but did have a successful pregnancy after 2 MCs and 1 ectopic.  And now I'm pregnant again. 

Do they know the cause(s) of your losses?  My OB assumes my MC were tied to my thyroid, which is now under control.  My thyroid was monitored very closely during my last pregnancy and this one, and I also took progesterone supplements to help support a sticky baby.  Just wondering if you are able to do anything similar to help along a high risk pregnancy.  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • @kristenk727 Thank you  :)<3

@kmwills Since my MC's happened very early on, my OB said it could be genetics, meaning the baby just was not developing properly. I was tested for different things (e.g. Thyroid level, shape of my uterus, just to name a couple things), and the doctor did not find anything wrong. This of course was frustrating. However, it was found that my Progesterone levels were low in my last pregnancy. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I started taking supplements that I had from my previous pregnancy. I'm hoping this one sticks! 
  • I'm currently not working; but wanted you to know your not alone! I lost my baby last July due to developmental issues. I'm currently 13 weeks 4 days and so far everything looks good. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months and praying for you. ♡
  • Can you be put on light duty? I'm a nurse and with a drs note you can be put on light duty.