June 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfestival

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfestival

• Options
    My 8 hour work day turned into an 11 hour day. I'm exhausted and I swear it feels like my belly is growing an inch a minute. 
  • Options
    @MrsLa3... 3 different vets over the past 8 years that I've had him and not a single one has given him that  :/. Just got back from his appointment and he has a bacterial and yeast infection in his ear so they gave me an "Oticetic Flush" and "Posatex" hopefully it clears up 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BellaO21 said:
    @MrsLa3... 3 different vets over the past 8 years that I've had him and not a single one has given him that  :/. Just got back from his appointment and he has a bacterial and yeast infection in his ear so they gave me an "Oticetic Flush" and "Posatex" hopefully it clears up 
    That sounds like what they did for my dog when she got ear infections.  She was good for one every couple of years and it was always flushing with a cleaner and ear drops (usually Posatex) to follow.  It wasn't fun, but it worked every time.  It was also pretty standard protocol at the clinic I worked at, although that was 5+ years ago. I hope things clear up quickly!
  • Options
    Mine is tame, but still pisses me off. Yesterday was teacher appreciation day at work. Up until 2 years ago, the parent organization always did something nice (breakfast, something at lunch, or even going classroom to classroom with coffee/juice/breads/pastries). Now it is something about 45 minutes after school ends so all of us with 2nd jobs or kids we have to pick up (which is most of us since it is a private school that does not pay much) can't go. I would have settled for a bathroom break since I have no breaks on Mondays. So basically, feeling underappreciated at a job I go above and beyond with each day.

• Options
    @teacher_mom that's honestly really terrible and inconsiderate of your school to not see that most of you can't make something after school. I don't blame you at all for being pissed.
  • Options
    Mine is tame, but still pisses me off. Yesterday was teacher appreciation day at work. Up until 2 years ago, the parent organization always did something nice (breakfast, something at lunch, or even going classroom to classroom with coffee/juice/breads/pastries). Now it is something about 45 minutes after school ends so all of us with 2nd jobs or kids we have to pick up (which is most of us since it is a private school that does not pay much) can't go. I would have settled for a bathroom break since I have no breaks on Mondays. So basically, feeling underappreciated at a job I go above and beyond with each day.

SITB - can't fix it...

This makes me very sad for you... our PIC (parent involvement committee) does a lot for our teachers at the daycare center (infants to PreK) and I know the PTA at our elementary school (K to 5th) is insane (in a good way) and spoils our teachers too...

Our current PIC does a staff appreciation week (SAW) each May where we collect donations ahead of time from all families and give gifts to all teachers and admin each day of the week, do raffle prizes where each teacher usually ends up getting an extra gift (e.g., gas or Target giftcards, aquarium tickets).  Then there is a sign up to bring in breakfast of lunch each day for the families, so they end up with free breakfast/lunch each day of that week... DH and I always do Chickfila one morning for the teachers and they love it... some days it is pizza for lunch or donuts for breakfast from some families (so simple, maybe not everyone's favorite thing) but we do go out of our way to let them know how much we appreciate them!

Teachers don't do what they do for the money, obviously, so its a shame you weren't shown appreciation for all that you do and going over/beyond for your students.  They are very lucky to have you as their teacher!
  • Options
    @teachermom That would make me aggravated too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @teacher_mom That would annoy me, too. My worst story along those lines was when our admin changed the breakfast they held for us annually in place of one of our early morning staff meetings to a potluck breakfast on a different day. So we had to come to work early on a day we wouldn't have had to otherwise AND spend time and money making food to bring for everyone. We would have rather they just cancelled it.
  • Options
    DeVos was confirmed today.  That is all.  Time to start seeking alternate employment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 she was not confirmed today. She passed a hearing that will not stall or prevent her nomination from going to a full senate vote. There is still room for some hope
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    @awillis13 she was not confirmed today. She passed a hearing that will not stall or prevent her nomination from going to a full senate vote. There is still room for some hope
    Oh my goodness I almost had a heart attack so I'm glad you said this lol I just watched Senator Warrens comments on DeVos and the shady way they are trying to rush her through without a thorough hearing on her ethics and finances. And no second round of questioning since she hasn't filed all of the required documentation. It's such a shame that this is our reality with our politics. And I mean that even beyond DeVos (although her being confirmed would most directly affect me). 
  • Options
    That's what happens when you read headlines only.  I get that they need to pick and choose where they make a stand but why show up for DeVos but not for the other 2 today?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 I have no idea. I can't figure out what is going on with the senate scratch that our government anymore.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    @MrsW524 thanks! It seems to be clearing up after just 1 dose so far.. and the mess themselves don't expire for over a year so we are good if he gets it again lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker