Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Reintro from the hospital. 1 question and 1 fear

Hi all. We've been trying to add baby #4 for 2 years now. Had a very traumatic 9w2d loss with hemhorrage requiring emergency D&C in June 2015, a 5w5d chemical in May 2016, and a 4w6d chemical in October 2016.

In the midst of TTA in December due to one remaining advanced repro test (SIS), we messed up one time (I know, I know. After having perfectly timed sex once or twice on all the fertile days for MONTHS with only negative to show for it) and got pregnant with a healthy sticky bean. Which seemed like the greatest blessing until Wednesday at 7w4d, when they confirmed cornual ectopic placement. Yesterday they put me under to do a ultrasound-guided methotextrate shot into the gestational sac and gave me the intramuscular shot to be safe since this is the most deadly type of ectopic; the uterus itself ruptures and has the highest blood flow. They kept me overnight for observation, I should be discharged in a few hours to be sent on my way to miscarry at home. Last beta on Wednesday was 15,066. They will be following my betas closely and doing further ultrasounds as necessary.

So far my biggest concerns are 

1.) with where the baby is lodged, I'm afraid no matter how hard my uterus contracts, it may not dislodge, and could go septic and or require a uterine resection which is the procedure they were trying to avoid today (anyone who had a regular ectopic that was drug-managed only without surgery want to weigh in? I mean, your body couldn't push the sac through the tube; was it just absorbed? Did it clog your tube?) 

2.) possibly having another hemorrhage after discharge when things gear up. Last time they said part of the reason was my body was "throwing everything it had at it to flush it out". I've been taking krill oil and baby aspirin non stop since I got my BFP so my blood is thin. Even my IV/draw sites bleed and bleed.

Personally, it just feels so unfair to have gone through 3 losses just to be forced to terminate a perfectly healthy baby that implanted in such a way it would kill me.

Re: Reintro from the hospital. 1 question and 1 fear

• Options
    I am so sorry for what you're going through :( I have no experience with that specifically, but just wanted to send you hugs. 
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what you have gone through. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides I wish I could help and that you weren't here. Hopefully this terrible situation will be resolved quickly.  :'(
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I have no experience and I am very sorry for your losses. Hug all your children tight and I pray for a quick and safe end to your pain :( 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss....I understand what you are going through.

I had a cornual ectopic on 9/23/2016.  I went to the ER with bleeding but no pain. It was discovered I had a  cornual ectopic after 4 different doctors looked at the US.  There was a sac and a slight flutter of a heartbeat.  I was unsure of my dates so I was between 6-7 weeks along.  I had to have 6 shots of MTX every other day. (The first shot was in the ER.)  I counteracted that medicine with leucovorin.  I felt like absolute crap.  I had an idiot of a doctor that did not monitor me very closely. My HCG was upwards of 24,000 at it's peak.  My HCG was at 17 on December 16th.  I didn't get AF until January 6th. It was an extremely light AF.   I ovulated 15 days after that. And then AF came 7 days later and it was horrendous and very painful.  I am guessing it was my uterine lining building back up.

After talking to another doctor when my HCG was under 100, three months after the loss she didn't feel I needed an US to confirm that the sac was gone.  She assured me that my body would reabsorb it.

These are some things that I did to help reduce the chance of rupture.  I drank a lot of water.  I did not do any for of physical activity until my HCG was under 100.  No sex until I was under 100.  I didn't eat any foods with folic acid.  My thoughts are with you.  It was a rough road for me because I couldn't find any resources anywhere because this form of ectopic is extremely rare. Feel free to pm me.   
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this. I don't have any experience with this but I am sending you lots of positive thoughts!
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Options
    @justsuzie Thank you for sharing your experience. I've since discovered cornual ectopics are 1 in 5,000.

I did stop all prenatals and my methylated folate, as well as progesterone, baby aspirin, & krill oil. I'm sorry you had such a shitty experience with lack of follow-up. My pregnancy started under the supervision of advanced reproduction, so I'm hoping they do a better job with follow-up. So far my doc's plan is to do betas weekly, and ultrasound if betas increase or plateau. I did find some scientific literature on ultrasound-guided direct-to-gestational-sac methotrexrate and it says they docs usually observe the fetal heartbeat stop instantly on the ultrasound, which provides some comfort that my baby didn't suffer and confidence that my baby didn't accidentally survive.

So far I've had very light spotting, and mild cramps that only kick up in the evening. I'm *terrified* of another hemhorrage incident, so I'm relieved you didn't seem to experience anything like that. I just can't shake the feeling like the other shoe is about to drop, but I guess that's what the Ativan is for.

I did make the mistake of driving on a short errand this morning and realized that it won't be a good idea for a bit. I feel too woozy and find myself nodding off when my husband is driving. I definitely still need a nap every afternoon. I'm also still experiencing a blown pupil on the side the anesthesiologist applied a scolpamine patch (I might have accidentally touched it then my eye while in recovery or once admitted). It's supposed to clear up in 24hrs from removal, but the nurses removed it either Thu night or Fri morning and my pupil is still huge and my vision is still blurry.

@jen83mn , @rklinge0 , @NYTino24 , @rainbowwishes5 , and @amu1234 thank you all for your support.
  • Options
    Take care of yourself.  Your doctors sound amazing and I am sure they are providing you with the best care. I bet because you had the shot in a precise location that your HCG level will drop quicker. 

Ectopics are lonely and heartbreaking so I am here if you need to vent. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry you're going through this. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker