Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 1/26

2»

Re: TWW Thursday 1/26

• @pinky917 I was thinking Kauai but as I look into it, it'll require another flight from Honolulu to that island. So I'm thinking possibly Honolulu
    @BertieMeetsGertie You had visited Kauai right? I couldn't remember if it was you or @JuneRoseRuby. I really want to go to Kauai but we're already flying 11-15 hours from the East coast and I really don't want to tack on another flight + $150-200 in fees to fly from the big island to Kauai. Where did you fly in from? Were you able to get direct to Kauai? The planning is both a distraction but also stressful as I just want to get our flights booked! Ah! Once we have the flights, I can move on from there with a place, excursions, etc. I am super excited :)
  • @TravelingCouple yup, I recommended Kauai! We were in Oahu first and then flew to Kauai from there. We did a nonstop flight from Washington Dulles to Honolulu (11 hours). I totally understand not wanting to add on additional flight time or money. It really adds up fast! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Loading the player...
  • @TravelingCouple Yes! I went to Hawaii in August 2015. We went to Maui for 4 days and then Kauai.  My only input to not wanting to add that extra time/money, is that we also flew from the east coast and I can't say that we will ever be back in Hawaii because of the cost/time so I would live it up for the extra $200! I also think there is so much of the world to see that I know I won't take another trip to Hawaii again because I'll spend the money on Europe or Asia instead. My 2 cents! 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• @bluejeanbabi05 oooh nice, I was gonna ask about the trigger but glad to hear it's out.  FX for your testing/beta whatever you decide to do!!

@safire3 yay for days off, today is my Saturday as well.  Enjoy :)

So sorry for CD1, ladies. @wabash15 I am such a diva cup believer, I hope you find it works for you.  Also, GL this next cycle!  I hope the meds are just what your body needs.

@kmac09 FX your temp stays up and AF stays away!

Month/Cycle:  17/13

CD/DPO:  22/7dpt

Timing:  -5, -4, -2, O

Testing:  currently testing out the trigger.

R/R:  Temping and testing out the trigger are weirdly keeping me sane this TWW.  The trigger is getting soooo faint and I'm hoping it doesn't hold on until 13/14dpt like last cycle...rude.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What are some book recommendations for us/what are you reading right now?  It's been so long since I read a book cover to cover but for those who have an interest in medical nonfiction, I find Atul Gawande's books compelling.  I enjoyed Better and am hoping to finish The Checklist Manifesto this year.

me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Thanks @BertieMeetsGertie and @JuneRoseRuby!! And that's true, when's the next time we'll be back in Hawaii.. Possibly never. We're only going for a week too so there's a lot to see and do in a week!
  • Month/Cycle:  6/6  

CD/DPO:  21/ 8 ish

Timing:  ED or EOD

Testing:  not unless AF is late

R/R:  Half of me is SS and half of me knows AF is coming. I know a lot of the symptoms are similar, at least my PMS symptoms like nausea, tiredness, and increased appetite. I don't have sore boobs yet which is abnormal but I still feel like I'm out. The fact that I was on BCP while TTA for 3 months because we thought we'd TTA for a year doesn't help. This is my first cycle back after TTA. 

TW 

An FB friend of mine just announced her pregnancy. I'm pretty sure she's only 4 or so weeks along because last week was her 21st birthday and she drank a shit ton. Also since she was drinking I'm going to assume they weren't trying. And they have a toddler that's about 12-18 months already. So barely 21, didn't even try, 2nd kid and here I am with perfectly regular cycles, early/mid 20s, still not KU. I know I'm just jealous and I am happy for her. 

/TW

CS/Q:

GTKY: What are some book recommendations for us/what are you reading right now?  I don't read much

@jess0211 T&P for your cat. When I lived with my parents and they had multiple cats, they needed multiple litter boxes or else they would pee on the floor. Also we couldn't leave towels and clothes on the floor or they'd pee on them. If your cat's elderly then that's a hard thing to go through. 

@bluejeanbabi05 I could totally use a massage right now. Have fun!

@alysapuggles I'm waiting for The Handmaid's Tale thing to come on too. Unfortunately I'm limited to what's online/Netflix/Hulu

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• GTKY: What are some book recommendations for us/what are you reading right now?  It's been so long since I read a book cover to cover but for those who have an interest in medical nonfiction, I find Atul Gawande's books compelling.  I enjoyed Better and am hoping to finish The Checklist Manifesto this year.

I heard Atul Gawande give a keynote speech at a conference a couple of years ago. He is truly remarkable and an excellent speaker. 

Have you read When Breathe Becomes Air? If not, I think you would get a lot out of it. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• GTKY: What are some book recommendations for us/what are you reading right now?  It's been so long since I read a book cover to cover but for those who have an interest in medical nonfiction, I find Atul Gawande's books compelling.  I enjoyed Better and am hoping to finish The Checklist Manifesto this year.

I heard Atul Gawande give a keynote speech at a conference a couple of years ago. He is truly remarkable and an excellent speaker. 

Have you read When Breathe Becomes Air? If not, I think you would get a lot out of it. 
    I haven't but it's on my list!  Thank you for reminding me of it!  I would absolutely love to hear Atul Gawande speak.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017