August 2017 Moms
Options

UO 1/26

2»

Re: UO 1/26

• Options
    I have a 90lb pitbull who was my baby before I had my son, and seeing how gentle and loving he still is with my boy has made me only love him more. 

My love didn't change when I had my son, but I love them both in different ways. 

I am a crazy dog person. 

@LivLew I agree with all of those. Donuts are the worst. And pb&j. And pumpkin pie. EW. 
    Pumpkin is good roasted or in soup. 

AND the oxford comma is stupid.
  • Options
    @LivLew I have always said probably my least favourite type of cuisine is what I call "hearty American." Casserole everything, meatloaf, etc. Recipes people share on FB where the ingredients are like, 2 chicken breasts, 1 bottle of ranch dressing, 3 cups of cheese. Blech. 

I also dislike Thanksgiving food. We don't have family within reasonable driving distance so dh and I started a new tradition of going out for all you can eat sushi instead of the turkey and stuffing thing. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LivLew said:
    Here's my UO. I think that many staples of the American diet are disgusting:
    - cereal with milk
    - donuts
    - pb&j sandwich
    - tuna salad
    - canned soup 
    In the holiday category:
    - eggnog
    - stuffing (not a fan of thanksgiving meal in general)
    I had one for breakfast and one for dinner yesterday. I'm craving cereal this pregnancy and I never eat it normally! Can we still be friends??
  • Options
    I thought of this last night after I went to bed.  I don't like chiropractors. I never have and when my BIL became a physical therapist, I really felt justified. I don't get why if they're so great, you have to keep going back.  I'd rather have a massage. I really can't stand when people take their kids, especially infants to chiropractors. I almost snapped when I found out DS was breech and DH's whole family kept telling me to go have a chiropractic adjustment to flip him.  Sure, that's a great idea, let me endanger my unborn child and risk a uterine rupture. I wouldn't even let the obstetrician do a version to flip him, I'm sure as hell not going to someone in a strip mall for it.
  • Options
    @laryk123 Yes! I despise pumpkin spice but love roasted pumpkin. 
    @strawberrytree Sushi for thanksgiving sounds amazing!
    @szwill86 Keep up the cereal consumption! I'm all for satisfying cravings. 
  • Options
    I don't mind some of the political stuff on facebook. I've had to block some people that just shout out their inflammatory opinion and then refuse to have a conversation about why they posted it. Or if they just spout party lines without any understanding behind the phrases. I'm fine with a good back and forth trying to understand where the other side is coming from on certain issues. Those conversations are usually fine until someone else jumps in and claims 'fake news' over a reputable news agency (like NPR) because they're reporting something they don't personally agree with.

Also, Pumpkin Spice flavor is really disgusting.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I thought of this last night after I went to bed.  I don't like chiropractors. I never have and when my BIL became a physical therapist, I really felt justified. I don't get why if they're so great, you have to keep going back.  I'd rather have a massage. I really can't stand when people take their kids, especially infants to chiropractors. I almost snapped when I found out DS was breech and DH's whole family kept telling me to go have a chiropractic adjustment to flip him.  Sure, that's a great idea, let me endanger my unborn child and risk a uterine rupture. I wouldn't even let the obstetrician do a version to flip him, I'm sure as hell not going to someone in a strip mall for it.

@SouthernMama15: I've had chiropractors do amazing work on me-- sometimes providing instant relief and sometimes making progress over time-- but I stopped going to mine several years ago because my back would go out every time she adjusted me. Every time. (This was after she'd done a few months of adjustments that got a lot of my mobility back, even after two years of PT.) But I couldn't find ANY scholarly (reputable, peer-reviewed) articles that supported chiropractic care. Even acupuncture is backed up by a slew of excellent research. I realized that the cost of a hot yoga class was less than my co-pay for a chiropractic visit and made me feel a whole lot better in so many ways. But waaaah! Now I can't go to hot yoga because I'm pregnant! I was never a "regular" so it's not something that I'd do once I hit the second trimester, although I've heard of people doing that without issues.

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

• Options

Anecdotal story. My BFF had her water break 4 weeks early on her first pregnancy. There is no proof that the adjustment triggered her water breaking, but it happened the morning after she got an adjustment with the specific purpose for flipping her breech baby.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    edited January 2017
    @laryk123, I love the Oxford comma.  To each their own!

edited due to stupid phone. 
  • Options
    @IvorySoapGirl,

If it makes you feel slightly better I can't even do not yoga when I am not pregnant because of my syncope.  It's a total bummer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hate lularoe....
  • Options
    Hot yoga is the worst. I really like yoga, but feeling nauseated because you're in a hot-ass room with no airflow is awful. You slide everywhere so half the time you're just toweling yourself off trying not to die in a pool of sweat.  That's if you're not feeling lightheaded because even basic inversions in extreme heat are also awful. There's one (ONE!) yoga studio near me that doesn't have hot yoga. Needless to say, they get my business.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @erindippity Okay, we agree on that. Unfortunately, some of the "loudest" people are Facebook are the most misinformed! Lol! I grew up in a very conservative, Christian, far right town, and although I am a Christian, I am extremely moderate. I'm over the idiotic rants with terrible grammar and spelling from the far right side, and I'm over the "doom, gloom, and despair" from the far left...but I actually very much enjoy reading well-written opinion pieces, even if that opinion is opposite of my own. 

As a matter of fact, I enjoy reading something from a more liberal source, because it's a nice change from the majority of my feed. 
  • Options
    caitlyn5454caitlyn5454 member
    edited January 2017
    I really, really, really hate French dressing. I don't understand how people can like it. It's disgusting.
    BabyFruit Ticker