June 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-in 1/23

Bit late starting this week. Sorry about that! Things have been crazy for me lately.

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

GTKY: If you could pick another profession and be magically qualified to do it (i.e. you don't have to go back to school or anything) what would you do and why?
Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-in 1/23

• 19+5

feeling good except a few pesky symptoms 
    I'm starting to think we might bring this baby home, being half way there is giving me a boost of confidence.

Excited for my second AS.  She was facing my spine the first time so they didn't get all the pics they wanted.  Not that I'm complaining, I'm excited to get to see her again!!!

Rant: being plus sized I already have a hard time finding cute clothes and now I'm struggling finding maternity clothes.  Boo!  

I would be an adoption consultant.  Basically help guide families through the process and work with agencies and attorneys to help match families with expectant parents.  We used a consultant with our son's adoption and they were amazing.  I'd love to help families in that same way, specifically same sex couples here in MN that are considering adoption.  It's such a complicated process, not just the paperwork but the emotional aspects of open adoption as well.  It's something I'm really passionate about!

• How far along are you? 19 weeks

How are you doing? Ugh not good. I'm still not feeling baby move a ton so of course I get paranoid. 

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? Tomorrow is my anatomy scan. I'm really nervous. I have to go alone and I don't want to find out bad news alone. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: positive vibes that I can find this office tomorrow, that everything is going good with baby girl and that my youngest is good for the babysitter. I'm stressed for tomorrow, can you tell?? 

GTKY: If you could pick another profession and be magically qualified to do it (i.e. you don't have to go back to school or anything) what would you do and why? Midwife or a doula. I just love the idea of help women welcome babies into the world. I've actually considered becoming a doula once my kids are older. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • @awoodruff27 good luck tomorrow!  I have to tell you that I went into my a/s with the worst foreboding feeling only to see nothing but a healthy, wiggly baby on the screen. We can get ourselves worked up pretty good for nothing! Positive vibes headed your way!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • How far along are you? 
    19w1d

How are you doing? 
    Really good after a great a/s yesterday! It's starting to feel very real.

Just feeling the baby more and more often.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    See the WTF Wed post for my rant about a moronic u/s tech blowing our sex reveal for my hubby.

GTKY: If you could pick another profession and be magically qualified to do it (i.e. you don't have to go back to school or anything) what would you do and why?
    Probably a midwife. I would never do it because I don't have interest in doing the work to get there at this point in life, but if I was magically qualified, I think it would be an amazingly rewarding job. 

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @JAGinMI Ugh sorry about the ultrasound tech ruining the surprise for you. At least you weren't planning on being team green till baby is born? Welcome to team blue!

@awoodruff27 for what it's worth when I saw my doctor at 17w5d I was still solidly into the "I haven't felt this baby move yet. Is that bad?" camp. Somewhere around 18w5d or so I finally got to the point where I was like "hey I think that's baby moving and not just gas or a muscle twitch!" There had been a couple of times earlier than that where I thought that maybe I felt baby move and maybe it was gas or whatever else. I just wasn't sure. By the middle of week 19 I was still only feeling maybe a couple of kicks (or whatever) a day. And I still had periods of time where I didn't feel movement for 2-3 days. I just had my anatomy scan yesterday and everything looked great with baby. 

I'll also say that I totally get where you're coming from with the anxiety though. The most recent time I didn't feel movement for 2 days I was super freaked out. Baby boy had been super active for a day or two and then nothing at all for 2 days. Not even one single kick, roll or anything. I was really worried that something that had wrong and I'd get terrible news at my anatomy scan. But I guess baby had just moved somewhere I couldn't feel movement as much or was having some lazy days.

Hopefully all goes well tomorrow!
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'll also say that I totally get where you're coming from with the anxiety though. The most recent time I didn't feel movement for 2 days I was super freaked out. Baby boy had been super active for a day or two and then nothing at all for 2 days. Not even one single kick, roll or anything. I was really worried that something that had wrong and I'd get terrible news at my anatomy scan. But I guess baby had just moved somewhere I couldn't feel movement as much or was having some lazy days.

Totally agree on this. When you see how much fluid they have to move around in there, it's not that surprising that they can get in a position where you don't feel much. But I know it doesn't lessen the anxiety of not feeling them.

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • halfthetree halfthetree member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 
    19w5d with twins

How are you doing? 
    I'm ok, feeling them move fairly consistently which is really comforting. But when I don't feel them for a couple hours I start to get nervous. 

Anatomy scan on Monday, I'm getting pretty anxious and having some scary nightmares about it. I'm trying to be positive, but it's just one of those things where I won't calm down until I hear that everything looks great. 

Im looking forward to 34 weeks, when there will be little NICU time, very little risks long term if they were to come early. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I'm raving for my doula, for calming me down and helping ground me when I get too anxious. I am so grateful to have her with me again. 

I would be an obstetrician, but I would attend homebirths and fight for those clients deemed too high risk by policies and insurance companies. I would say midwife, but I would rather be a traditional midwife, rather than the strictly controlled midwifery that we have here.
  • @awoodruff27 good luck tomorrow!

How far along are you? 20 weeks 2 days

How are you doing? Great. Had the AS on Tuesday and all is looking well. Confirmed there is a little girl in there and I'm finally starting to feel like I can get excited. 

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? Regualr appt in a month, but I am most anxious to get to the point of viability. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I am a little nervous about how uncomfortable I am already getting at 20 weeks, knowing that it ia just going to get worse for the next 20!

I have 2. I would LOVE to be an FBI or CIA agent. It juat fascinates me. I also would love to be a general contractor, however I know nothing about construction. I don't know why, but I love seeing the process of things being built and would love to have the knowledge and ability to do it. Buuuut I spent a lot of money on nursing school, so I'll stick with it :smile:
  • @MKRLTX, @JAGinMI, @NamelessAria thanks everyone! I know that the movements shouldn't worry me. But you know how that stupid little voice can drive you crazy! Today is dragging by I just want it to be Friday! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • How far along are you? 

17w+4

How are you doing? 

Ok.  I thought since I'd been through the PGAL process before I knew how I'd handle everything, but this one's much harder.  Maybe it's because we're having another girl, or maybe it's because of the MC in between.  I definitely feel more anxious this go-around. 

AS on 11 February.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

I'm ranty about my own indecision.  I'm not sure I'm comfortable with how the OB here in the UK wants to proceed with this pregnancy.  He's a minimal interventionist; he doesn't want to do anything if I start contracting like I did in my last 2 pregnancies.  He doesn't believe in nifedipine.  He doesn't believe that you're really in labour unless contractions are painful.  In the UK you're also not considered to be in PTL unless your cervix is shortening/dilating.  His approach is...do nothing?  And he's very down on the care I got back in the US and is of the opinion that we didn't have very good outcomes there.  And he's...not wrong?  But I'm not sure that the "don't intervene" approach will yield a better outcome.  I had repeated timeable contractions starting at 22-24 weeks with my last pregnancy; with DD1, my uterus ruptured along my cesarean scar from the stress of 11 weeks of constant contractions.  I do have the option of returning to the US, but that would mean leaving my H and boys for 4 months.  And I don't really want to do that either.   I don't have to make the decision immediately, so I'm just delaying and avoiding right now.  And stressed.  

Pediatrician/Neonatologist -- After DD1 died, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor.  Right now I'm the primary breadwinner for our family, but if my H ever makes enough to support our current lifestyle my goal is to quit my job and go to college/med school.  At this point in life it's probably not the financially prudent decision; I don't know that I'd make a return on the investment.  But I think the fulfillment would be worth the lifetime earning loss. Right now I'd be looking at 1-year of medschool undergrad prep to re-up my science/math, 4 years of med school, 3 years of residency, and another 3 years if I want to do the neonatology pediatric specialty.  But I really want to help kids, and I think I could contribute the most as a doctor.  Once my kids are grown-up and launched, I think I'd also like to do a stint with Doctors Without Borders.  

But to the original question, if I could magically be qualified to be a (good) doctor instantly, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @JAGinMI Ugh sorry about the ultrasound tech ruining the surprise for you. At least you weren't planning on being team green till baby is born? Welcome to team blue!

@awoodruff27 for what it's worth when I saw my doctor at 17w5d I was still solidly into the "I haven't felt this baby move yet. Is that bad?" camp. Somewhere around 18w5d or so I finally got to the point where I was like "hey I think that's baby moving and not just gas or a muscle twitch!" There had been a couple of times earlier than that where I thought that maybe I felt baby move and maybe it was gas or whatever else. I just wasn't sure. By the middle of week 19 I was still only feeling maybe a couple of kicks (or whatever) a day. And I still had periods of time where I didn't feel movement for 2-3 days. I just had my anatomy scan yesterday and everything looked great with baby. 

I'll also say that I totally get where you're coming from with the anxiety though. The most recent time I didn't feel movement for 2 days I was super freaked out. Baby boy had been super active for a day or two and then nothing at all for 2 days. Not even one single kick, roll or anything. I was really worried that something that had wrong and I'd get terrible news at my anatomy scan. But I guess baby had just moved somewhere I couldn't feel movement as much or was having some lazy days.

Hopefully all goes well tomorrow!
    So I have an anterior placenta and as much as I want to feel her move part of me is ok bc I know I shouldn't be feeling her so I'm not obsessing about not feeling her if that makes sense.  Once I do feel her it'll be another thing I panic about!  Argh!
  • @awoodruff27 that is wonderful! Good luck today!

I went to my prenatal yoga class last night and one of the girls intro'd herself and said she was 31 weeks and just "waiting to start feeling kicks" and I'm like, whaaaat? Apparently she has only been feeling "movements" like rolling and stuff. That is crazy to me but she was obviously healthy and growing so I am guessing she must have an anterior placenta with a baby that kicks and jabs squarely on it.

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Ladies!!! I'm sitting here sobbing... Why? I woke up to HARD kicks. She's going nuts in there. It's like she "knew" I needed the reassurance today. Now I can go into the appointment just worrying a normal amount. I seriously was over the top yesterday. Thank you wonderful Internet strangers for your kind words. 

And all you anterior placenta placenta ladies if I'm feeling her there is hope for you too! I'm 19w1d but it's baby #3, I've felt wiggles and a kick or two before this. But it's been 20 min of constant kicking. 

@Xath I think it's beautiful you would want to be a Dr. I love how much you have thought about it. I think you have the passion for it for sure! 
    That's awesome!!!!!
  • How far along are you? 19+1

How are you doing? Good! Work is just wearing me out and I'm getting anxious for my A/S!

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? A/S on Monday!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I had at least one bad dream almost every day this week. (Do I put a TW for dreams? I'll tread lightly, but TW just in case):   In most of them it was something related to the scan. I even had one where I went to the scan and they said I had never been pregnant, I was just getting bigger because I had an unusual growth of fat cells. Some of them were that DH was leaving me because "he couldn't deal with this any more." Why does my subconscious torture me?

GTKY: If you could pick another profession and be magically qualified to do it (i.e. you don't have to go back to school or anything) what would you do and why? I would like to be a 1st grade teacher. I feel like you could have a big impact on how kids start to feel about their education but it's also a phase where there are still fun little games and arts and crafts! Which sounds more fun then my career right now! 
  • I'm way behind to this one... sorry ladies! Trying to catch up with things around the house and my clients since I was out of town for a couple weeks! 

First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Welcome! Please Introduce yourself

How far along are you? 20+1

How are you doing? I'm doing pretty good! Having some dizzy spells and sometimes feel like someone's sitting on my chest... but it usually goes away pretty quickly.

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? Anatomy scan on the 9th! Still waiting to feel (and know that's what I'm feeling) her move around. I use my doppler every other day and heard her this morning so I know she's good in there :)  

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: DH has been amazing, the house is always clean so I don't have to worry about it and the other day he went out and got me Samoa Cookie Icecream without me asking :) 

A pediatric nurse... I love little kids and knowing that I could help them feel better I think would be extremely rewarding. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker