July 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In 1/25

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change?

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties?

Re: STM+ Check In 1/25

• Options

How far along are you? 14 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Still really sick. Last week was the worst, I ended up losing more weight at my doctors appointment, and was dehydrated. He gave me some samples of Diceglis which has helped a TON but every day I test myself to see if I can wean off them and no luck yet. I just feel like I should be starting to feel better by now... I wasn't sick at all with DD so this is a huge difference!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Waiting for my call from my NIPT test. Today is exactly a week, so I'm hoping it comes sometime before the end of the week! Just want to hear everything is good.

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? Working mom. I'm not cut out to be a SAHM, so I don't see that changing. I enjoy my 4 months of maternity leave but then I start going crazy...

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? My mom worked with a lady who named her kids Nicholas and Chelsea, and she just thought they were really cute names so that's what me and my brother are named. :D My middle name is after my great-grandma. 

• Options

How far along are you? 14+5

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Right now still nauseous and tired in the afternoon. It is similar to previous pregnancy but much stronger. I have also been experiencing shortness of breath this time. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Had a dream I had no more pants that fit. Not just the bump but my thighs are getting bigger too. 

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change?

I work full time. I will definitely keep working because I love going to work. I don't know if I will keep it a full time gig or mix in some freelance. It's still quite open. I'm looking for a change and more money. 

My mom gave me and my sister names that are inspired by synonymous of beauty and then gave it a little twist so it's not a direct synonym. They are established names, nothing made up. In fact, where I come from, my name has been the longest standing #1 girl name for 16 years in a row. It's Noa. 

Later I learned it was a character in the Bible who was one of 5 girls. When their parents perished the community refused to let them inherit the estate since they were women and Noa fought against it and won. Very inspiring! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 14 weeks today! 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? still exhausted and nauseated all.the.time.  I'm so ready to have some energy and appetite back.  Not as much heartburn as last time, but it did just start back up.  My boobs hurt SO bad. Much worse than last time.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just plain exhausted.  I cannot adult today. 

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? I'm a working mom.  I will continue to be a working mom.  We made the financial decision before having kids.  If we want to keep our "luxuries," and we both agree we do, then it is necessary to have two incomes.  I think I'm a better mom than I would be if I was a SAHM.  I miss DS fiercely when I'm at home, but I think it makes my patience exponentially better to work. 

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? If I was born with dark hair I would have been Ashley and with blonde I would have been Amber.  My grandmother picked my middle name randomly and my mom liked the way they sounded together.  Although my initials (before marrying) were ARM and kids used to make fun of me all the time.  But kids are mean and will find something to make fun of you for no matter what.

@LuLiLaEv Fx you get your results soon!! Which test did you do?

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    @plumpous That's cool! I like when family names have a similarity but it's not obvious like all names starting with the same letter.

@GeorgiaWife6912 Thanks! We did the counsyl, and most people I know that did it heard back in a week! 
  • Options

How far along are you?    13w4d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Just exhaustion now. So glad the nausea is done.

Rant/Rave/Questions? nope

I have been a SAHM for the almost 5 years. With my 1st I worked full-time (60+ hours/week). Once this baby is in school I will go back to work part-time during school hours.

My mom tells me I was named after the little girl on a macaroni and cheese commercial from 1985. My middle name was chosen by my older sister (5 years older than me).

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

How far along are you?

16w+1d

Things are letting up now, so I think I'm finding that second trimester second wind! (knock on wood)

Rant/Rave/Questions?

My NIPT came back healthy baby girl!

I work outside the home. No plans on changing once baby comes, but I am hoping to take at least three months off before returning. I'm worried about pumping at work (hard to always squeeze in time to go to the bathroom between patients, let alone the time it takes to pump), so I want to wait a bit before jumping back in. Haven't worked out any details with work yet, so not sure. 

My mom thought for sure I was a boy, so didn't have any girl names selected when I was born. So when the deadline came to fill out paperwork for birth certificate her fav soap opera came on, and her fav character's (or maybe the actress was her fav?) real life name was Emma. Emma Samms was her name. 

My mom got to pick first names, my dad picked middle names. My middle name was my dad's first crush- LOL. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Options

How far along are you? 16+ 1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? still exhausted. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? Work outside the home full time. Will go back to work after this baby is born too 

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? No significance. 

• Options
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you?
    16w4d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your last pregnancy?
    I'm actually starting to feel more like myself this week. Energy has been better and, more to the point, I can feel the hormones settling down, so I'm not nearly as moody, which is a really, really good thing. I've been a bit of a bear to be around the last couple months, I admit. My husband has been a saint. I did throw up for the first time last night, but I think my prenatal just went down wrong.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    This is both a rave and a rant. So, I'M OFF PELVIC REST!!! Which is fantastic and amazing and awesome since I am also finding the second trimester sex drive (I had the energy and drive of a limp noodle during the first trimester). Now, the rant: I finally am released from my figurative chastity belt, and my patient, wonderful, understanding husband IS IN F-ING HAWAII FOR THREE WEEKS!! So, he went out to sea when I was about 8 weeks, came home, we had sex once, I started bleeding and was put on pelvic rest, and now have just been released after essentially 2 months of celibacy, and my husband is gone for basically another month. So, I suddenly CAN have sex, want to have sex, and am literally having the pregnancy dreams to go with it, and have no one to have sex with. So that's fun.

Are you a SAHM or do you work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change?
    I'm a stay at home mom with no plans to go back to work until after we are done having kids and they are all started in school. My husband and I actually decided together that I would stop working while we were trying to conceive our son so that we could adjust to one income before baby came (we knew I planned to stay home once baby came, so it was easier to add a baby rather than adding a baby and subtracting an income simultaneously. It gave us a year to adjust and tweak our budget). We both had stay at home moms growing up and, with my husband's military schedule taking him away from home so often (65 to 85 percent of the year he's out to sea for four year stretches, then three years at home, then another 4 at sea) and is incommunicado when he's gone, since subs are notoriously bad about the communication side of things, it was important to us that our kids have one very present parent to help counter the unavoidable absenteeness of my husband. After we are done having kids, I'd like to teach high school history, so I plan on finishing my masters in education at some point in the next five years, but won't work before the kids are in school.

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/fun stories/family ties?
    My parents met while both of them were working on boats. My dad was a ships captain in port up out of Antigua and my mom was crewing on a boat in out of Sardinia. They literally lived, breathed, and relied on the sea. So, when I was born, they gave me a name that held some significance to that, since my name means "of the sea". My middle name was supposed to be a family name from my mom's side, but my dad's mom passed away five months before I was born, so they changed it to her name and, while I'm not a huge fan of the name itself, I kept it when I got married out of respect for my family and just tacked my husband's name on the end.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @plumpous I LOVE that! I'm not familiar with the name of the Bible but it is an awesome story. 

@LuLiLaEv I did counsyl too and results came back in exactly a week with even a holiday in between! Good luck! 

• Options

How far along are you?

14 weeks

Dreams, occasional headache, swamp crotch, ugh  oh and pimples on my NECK and a bit of bacne! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

See above for rants

Work - I've always worked and I never thought about or dreamed of being a mom until one day I was like "let's have a baby." Thinking about "mom stuff" I'd have to do rarely excited me and usually stressed me out when pregnant with my first but man, I love this kid like nothing else and she really is my little person. 

I'm looking forward to going back to work again and trying to work towards normalcy and quite frankly, scared of the first year juggling everything, pumping, running on no sleep, etc  

Because they thought I was going to be a boy named Peter but I turned out to be a girl. My dad is an animator and the dude who helped him get his green card worked on Peter Pan so it was a nod to him although my mom (and I) hate the name wendy. My mom couldn't even pick my middle name because my dad's mom was picking it - and she picked a super dated Asian name. So when this girl was born, I let my mom finally pick a name of her own for the middle name (even though dh named her a name that was no longer on our list without consult - for this baby, I'm picking by myself, lol) 

• Options

How far along are you?

15 weeks 1day

I have gone 3 whole days without loosing my cookies!  I wasn't sick at all with my first.  Lots of other little things.  My nails aren't awesome this time, hair is still falling out, although I still got blessed with the backne it's not as bad as round 1!

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I get to meet a brand new baby today!  We also announced last night on fb ans have got a lot of love!

I am a stay at home mom and it won't change until these babes are in school probably.  It definitely has its challenges but I love it

My parents just really liked the name. My mom reacted to the drugs they gave her during her c section and she doesn't remember the first 3 days of my life.  My dad filled out the paperwork and spelt my middle name 'wrong' lol. 

Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options

How far along are you?

13w 0d

No symptoms right now. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

My hemorrhage is finally gone! 

I teach.  This is my 3rd child and I'm trying to figure out a way to be a SAHM next school year. 

My grandmother on my dad's side had 3 sons,  but had her girl name picked out since before her first child.  Since my parents already had my brother and sister,  they let my grandmother name me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    clioclio member
    edited January 2017

How far along are you? 17 weeks!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? The nausea has subsided but the hanger remains. I yelled at DH the other day for drinking the remaining orange juice- I'm so grateful he's giving me a free pass with all food-related rage issues.

Rant/Rave/Questions? None for me this week, but I am thrilled to read some of the raves from all of you!

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? I work outside the home and intend to keep it that way. I love my job and the financial security it provides. Lately DD has HATED going to daycare, which is a new issue for us. It has made the decision harder but ultimately it's what's best for our family.

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? My parents decided to give us all traditional, biblical names (my name is Sarah).

• Options

How far along are you? 15+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Feeling good right now but this pregnancy has been night and day from my last pregnancy I can't believe how different they have been so far! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am not sure if this is a rant but I am still so undecided about VBAC or repeat c-section, I seriously change my mind daily and I am nervous that when the time comes I will still be undecided. 

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? I am a SAHM, I plan to go back to work once my boys are in elementary school. 

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? My middle name is my grandmother's middle name

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

How far along are you?

16w+4d

Just so much more back aches and pains, that didn't occur til much later in my last pregnancy.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Question!! Any tips appreciated! Any tips on how to teach your toddler to not hit? My DS is now 15m, when he was a little younger, I kept figuring soon he'll learn wrong from right, but he's getting to that age he knows NO but he laughs and proceeds to do what he pleases. He'll hit when he's happy, upset, no reasons at all. I'm currently trying the time out thing, But not sure if it's really making sense to him. Anything else that has worked for anyone? Need to nip it in the butt before an infant is in the house.  

Now I'm a SAHM. I was working full time when pregnant first time around and totally planned to go back to work, but once my son was born and I had to return to work, he refused the bottle and only wanted to the breast fed and would cry endlessly if I wasn't there. So my DH and I decided it would work if I quit and I stayed home. This time I'll be home a few months, but plan to get back into work as a realtor and flipping homes with DH and also be a nail tech on the side.

My mom originally wanted to name me Angelina, but unfortunately her mother passed right before I was born, and she loved the name Lea. So she went with Lea which I love my name. And my grandmothers name Marie for the middle name. 

• Options

How far along are you? 17+3

Hardly any real symptoms except I breathe like a pug. Feeling good! Similar to last pregnancy.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Got to see the baby at today's appointment! Lots of growth for him/her and me. 

Rave: Germany has you carry around a booklet called the Mutterpass (mother's passport). It has all the info from my last pregnancy, too - basic stats from every appointment, etc. It's so awesome to be able to compare pregnancies so easily!

I gained a fair bit of weight this month - and was able to see that happened at the same time last pregnancy, too, then leveled off. So it totally eased my mind. (I'm not worried about weight - just using it as an indicator of health and appropriate portion size.)

I work from home, flexible hours. That won't change. Both kids will be in daycare for ~5-7 hours/day, then I log back on after DS goes to bed. It's a great set up!

I'm named for a great- and a grandmother. But I've been called a nickname since birth. Every person in my family has a different explanation of my nickname, so it's a total mystery how it actually originated! Wtf, Mom and Dad?!?! 
  • Options

How far along are you?

16w+5d

I have to brag about finally not having anymore nausea that lasts all day!! I can also keep my food down!! This Pregnancy has been the hardest on me compared to the 3 others (4 if you count my loss; baby stopped developing early on) I've had the worst m/s and nausea, migraines and heartburn early on,  it has all seemed to settle down for now. I'm sure 3rd trimester will bring back some symptoms. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Rave: No more nausea! Rant: I'm always hungry now 

I am currently a SAHM (For a year now) It has made all the difference for my 3 kids and DH. I have 2 kids in Jr High and one in Kindergarten. We have after school sports throughout the year which keeps us busy and we will be adding music lessons this year. I worked full time through my first 2 pregnancies and part time with my 3rd. 

My parents are very religious. My mom had a very bad miscarriage late in her pregnancy.(It was her first)  My father (a devote catholic) prayed to the Virgin Mary after getting pregnant with me that this pregnancy would make it. He promised to name me after the Virgin Mary or Jesus. And that's how I got my name. 

• Options
    How far along are you?  15w3d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Nausea has reared it's ugly head again.  I puked on the side of the road on my way to work this morning.  I have daily headaches.  I'm exhausted.  I get out of breath over the stupidest crap.  RLP and random crampy pains.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  It's Midterm/Testing week at school, which means no regular classes, so I get some time to catch up on grading.

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change?  I'm a teacher, and I will go back to work in September.  Though it is difficult leaving, the hours are great, and DH is home on disability.  Neither of us is comfortable having him watch a newborn, though, as his disabilities would make that a terrifying challenge, so his LO will be going to a sitter and DS will be going to pre-school again.  We really aren't able to do this any other way.

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties?  My grandfather was the manager of the apartment building where my mom grew up in the Bronx.  He did that so they could afford the two bedroom apartment where they raised three kids.  My mom describes a "beautiful little rich girl who lived upstairs" named Corinne.  They would always pass down all of her beautiful clothing to my mom and aunt, so my mom named me after her.  I love that I'm named after beauty and generosity.

• Options

How far along are you? 17+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Insomnia, on par with my other 2, just waiting for the heartburn to kick in... RLP and sciatica kicking my booty too!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? I taught part time after I had DS, and then we decided I'd SAH till we were done popping out the babies! I do tutor throughout the week, so that's a nice "out" for me plus the extra cash is nice!

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? I'm named after my moms dadwho passed away a month prior to my birth. He was Kenneth, I'm Kenna!

married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    How far along are you?

14+2

I have a cold at the moment so hard to tell. Never got sick when I was pregnant with my daughter.

SAHM. I was at home before having my daughter too. No plans to change. 

My parents let my older sisters name me after their favorite actress/singer lol. Thankfully it's not a weird name but WTF mom and dad! 

BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    I gotta say I love the GTKY this week! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 17+5

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? RLS and Sciatic pain have set in.  They came earlier than my last pregnancy.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Just found out LO is a girl and already he flood of "ooh now you have the perfect family, you are done now right" comments have started.  Why are people so obsessed with planning families around the sex of their children.

Are you a SAHM or work outside the home? Has that changed since your first baby/will it change? I work from home the majority of the time but most likely won't go back after this one.  I almost didn't go back after DS but my boss begged and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties?  My parents pretty much suck at the whole naming thing.  I was given the most popular name in the 80's after a character on a TV Show (Hart to Hart) so thanks for that Mom.  My middle name is my mom's middle name.

• Options

How far along are you?

13+4

Feeling good!  Pretty on par with my first pregnancy these days, the first tri was just rougher this time.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DD is officially walking (!!!) and it's the cutest and most hilarious thing all at once.  She's been taking steps for almost two months but now she's given up crawling and is on the move.  She looks like a tiny drunk penguin, cracks us up.

Mostly SAHM for the last 7 months.  I worked full time as a classical singer and private music teacher.  After DD was born, I continued but cut way back on my hours.  We moved when she was 7 months old and now I just have a couple of gigs a month.  It's perfect for me right now but I do hope to go back to full time performing eventually.

My mom's family is as Irish as it gets so my name is as Irish as it gets!  Apparently my dad was gunning hard for Mercedes... not in a cool we are from France way but he just liked the car.  So, thanks mom for that ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy  DD is the same! She's such a little drunk! Especially when she's walking around with her little water cup, because it kinda resembles a beer mug! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @plumpous Aw!  Haha, yes it is like a beer mug lol!  I think 14-15 months is my favorite age so far!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy yep it's a pretty awesome time! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?

14+4

I had a stomach bug this week so that overtook all pregnancy symptoms. Made morning sickness look like child's play.

I work full time for a large professional services company. Requires travel but I've been mostly local lately. I don't expect anything to change after baby #3.

My mother was a flight attendant who traveled a lot. She named me after a city in Ireland she traveled to when she was pregnant with me.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @plumpous Aw!  Haha, yes it is like a beer mug lol!  I think 14-15 months is my favorite age so far!
    I felt that way, and have loved every stage since then! DS is ~20 months. It really does just keep getting better and better! <3<3
  • Options

Oops late post!

How far along are you? 14+6

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Slight random nausea but it's getting better everyday! I had no nausea with my son at all- we know it's a girl so I'll blame that she's giving me a run for my money already  

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope! 

I'm still a stay at home mom and boy do I miss working. I miss the routine, schedule, adult interaction, having a hot lunch at the same time everyday, and the independence that I get being away from my son. But when I have a girls night all I can think about it how much I want to go back home with him so I know staying home won't change! 

GTKY: Why were you given your name? Any significance/ fun stories/family ties? Hmm my name is Natalie and my parents just liked it and my middle name Kalynn is after a fishing lure brand so my mom wouldn't know. They did the you pick the first name I'll pick the middle name so leave it to my dad to choose that! :wink: